|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a piece of music in which a refrain is repeated between episodes and often constitutes the form of the last movement of a sonata or concerto?
2. Johnny was how old when he wrote about going to an observatory and asked his father to send him his chemistry books?
3. How does the author describe the weather when Johnny died in "Aftermath"?
4. Henry DeWolf Smyth was the chairman of the Department of Physics at Princeton University from 1935 until when?
5. What was the common name given to an administrative history written by physicist Henry DeWolf Smyth about the Allied World War II effort to develop the atomic bomb?
(a) The Smyth Report.
(b) The DeWolf Report.
(c) The Manhattan Report.
(d) The Allied Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Henry DeWolf Smyth born?
2. What was John Gunther's first novel titled?
3. What word means marked by or showing bravery or valor; heroic?
4. When Johnny returned home in Chapter 5, he stayed relatively well for a while, although it was increasingly difficult for him in regard to what?
5. On what date did Johnny have another bout of amnesia and began to have problems regulating his temperature in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What letters are described by the author in "Aftermath"? What did the author seek to understand after the funeral?
2. What did the surgeons tell Johnny's family would be helpful for the medical community in "Aftermath"?
3. When was the first letter written in "A Few More of His Letters"? What perspective do the letters lend?
4. What caused Johnny's death in Chapter 5? Where did he die?
5. How was Johnny's illness and the progression of his illness unusual for the type of cancer that he had?
6. What thoughts and themes are revealed in "A Word From Frances"?
7. What interests were revealed in letters from 1939 in "A Few More of His Letters"?
8. How did Johnny describe his operations and treatment in "A Few More of His Letters"?
9. What did Johnny write to this father when he was sixteen in "A Few More of His Letters"?
10. How did Johnny feel about his illness during his hospitalization in June 12 in Chapter 5?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)