|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the common name given to an administrative history written by physicist Henry DeWolf Smyth about the Allied World War II effort to develop the atomic bomb?
(a) The Manhattan Report.
(b) The Smyth Report.
(c) The Allied Report.
(d) The DeWolf Report.
2. Johnny Gunther is buried in what city in New York?
(d) New York.
3. Johnny Gunther is buried on the second floor of the Mausoleum of what cemetery?
(a) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(b) Champs Elise Cemetery.
(c) Jackson Smith Cemetery.
(d) Ferncliff Cemetery.
4. In "Aftermath," the author reprints how many letters from doctors who expressed their sympathies and regret for the unfulfilled promise Johnny had?
5. What is the third chapter of Part Two titled?
(a) "The Diary."
(d) "A Word from Frances".
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of Pierre Lecomte du Nouy's did Johnny read shortly before his death?
2. Johnny's family drove to Deerfield on what date in Chapter 5?
3. What was Mary's last name in the book?
4. Johnny's family received news that he would be able to do what in Chapter 5?
5. When did Pierre Lecomte du Nouy die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Johnny's letters in "A Few More of His Letters" reveal his love of education?
2. How did Johnny feel about his illness during his hospitalization in June 12 in Chapter 5?
3. What is revealed about the traveling of Johnny's family in "A Few More of His Letters"?
4. What was Johnny reading and studying in his last entries from "The Diary"?
5. What letters are described by the author in "Aftermath"? What did the author seek to understand after the funeral?
6. What was the goal of Johnny's doctors and family after his graduation in Chapter 5?
7. What "normal teen problems" did Johnny deal with as revealed in "A Few More of His Letters"?
8. What did Johnny write to this father when he was sixteen in "A Few More of His Letters"?
9. How does John Gunther describe Johnny's emotional state on the Sunday before he died in Chapter 5?
10. Why did Johnny's father tell him an outright lie in Chapter 5?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)