|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mary's last name in the book?
2. How does the author describe the weather when Johnny died in "Aftermath"?
3. What means vagueness or obscurity, as of the mind or perception; confused or vague thoughts, feelings, etc.?
4. Johnny Gunther is buried on the second floor of the Mausoleum of what cemetery?
(a) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(b) Champs Elise Cemetery.
(c) Jackson Smith Cemetery.
(d) Ferncliff Cemetery.
5. Johnny had difficulty with what elements of his attire after returning home in Chapter 5?
(a) Pants and socks.
(b) Shirt and pants.
(c) Shoelaces and belt.
(d) Necktie and hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Diary", the author explains that Johnny kept a diary at whose suggestion?
2. Based on Johnny's letters in "A Few More of His Letters," Johnny's parents were where in 1937 and 1938?
3. On what date was Johnny so tired he could barely get out of the bathtub in Chapter 5?
4. Johnny was hospitalized once again on what date in Chapter 5, being then discharged and having two or three good days during which he went out to films and spent time with friends?
5. Johnny was how old when he wrote about going to an observatory and asked his father to send him his chemistry books?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Johnny's recovery after his operation progressing in the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. When was the first letter written in "A Few More of His Letters"? What perspective do the letters lend?
3. How does Gunther describe the weather at Johnny's funeral in "Aftermath"?
4. What is notable about Johnny's parents in the narrative? What qualities did they exhibit in the face of Johnny's illness and death?
5. How did Johnny describe his operations and treatment in "A Few More of His Letters"?
6. What interests were revealed in letters from 1939 in "A Few More of His Letters"?
7. How does John Gunther describe Johnny's emotional state on the Sunday before he died in Chapter 5?
8. What did the surgeons tell Johnny's family would be helpful for the medical community in "Aftermath"?
9. Who encouraged Johnny to keep a diary in "The Diary"? What is revealed in his diary?
10. What caused Johnny's death in Chapter 5? Where did he die?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)