|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Diary", the author explains that Johnny kept a diary at whose suggestion?
(c) Dr. Traeger's.
(d) Dr. Medfield's.
2. Johnny wrote to his parents that he had identified how many alloys or metals in "A Few More of His Letters"?
3. When was a TV movie made based on the narrative from "Death Be Not Proud"?
4. When was "Death Be Not Proud" first published?
5. How does the author describe the weather when Johnny died in "Aftermath"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pierre Lecomte du Nouy die?
2. Who wrote a letter to Johnny's family after his death saying, "for such there must be an immortality which we who tinker at the body may guess at but not understand"?
3. Johnny's very last entry in "The Diary" relates a trip to the public library, where he collected information on what?
4. Johnny Gunther is buried on the second floor of the Mausoleum of what cemetery?
5. How old was Johnny when he was learning to do parallel crises and was working on improving his grades in "A Few More of His Letters"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Johnny write to this father when he was sixteen in "A Few More of His Letters"?
2. Describe Johnny's graduation in Chapter 5. How was Johnny received by his peers?
3. How was Johnny's illness and the progression of his illness unusual for the type of cancer that he had?
4. What was Johnny reading and studying in his last entries from "The Diary"?
5. What is revealed about the traveling of Johnny's family in "A Few More of His Letters"?
6. How did Johnny feel about his illness during his hospitalization in June 12 in Chapter 5?
7. What did Johnny write about his medical treatments in "The Diary"?
8. Who encouraged Johnny to keep a diary in "The Diary"? What is revealed in his diary?
9. How did Johnny describe his operations and treatment in "A Few More of His Letters"?
10. What led to Johnny's father calling Frances on June 27 in Chapter 5?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)