|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny's diet at Dr. Gerson's Nursing Home had no salt or fat, and what were at an extreme minimum?
2. When did Johnny Gunther die?
3. What specialist told Johnny's family that Johnny would not live more than a few more months in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Gerson.
(b) Dr. Masson.
(c) Dr. Hahn.
(d) Dr. Johnson.
4. John Gunther had what profession when Johnny was growing up?
5. Where did John Gunther attend college?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) Louisiana State University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Yale University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the girl Johnny was romantically interested in, as revealed in Chapter 4?
2. The Gerson Therapy was what kind of therapy, which he claimed could cure cancer and most chronic, degenerative diseases?
3. What word means quiet, inactive, or dormant?
4. What refers to the medical use of ionizing radiation, generally as part of cancer treatment to control malignant cells?
5. Where did John Gunther grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Johnny's studies progress in Chapter 4? What motivated Johnny in this regard?
2. When was Johnny first sent to the infirmary in Chapter 1? Why?
3. When were Johnny's parents informed that he might have a brain tumor? What did they do upon hearing the news?
4. Who helped arrange a meeting between Johnny and Mary in Chapter 4? How was Johnny's health during this time?
5. What interests drew Johnny as a young boy, according to the author in the Foreword?
6. What information did Johnny's family receive after his surgery in Chapter 4? How did Johnny recover from the operation?
7. How were Johnny's Christmas and Spring visits home described in Chapter 1?
8. What events had led up to Johnny's diagnosis in Chapter 1?
9. How did Johnny's family react to the conflict between doctors in Chapter 3? What compromise was met?
10. How was Johnny's health after his tumor was drained in Chapter 3?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)