|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Johnny working to strengthen his eye problems in Chapter 1?
(a) A strict diet.
(b) Eye exercises.
(c) Contact lenses.
2. When did Johnny Gunther die?
3. By what month had Johnny caught up on the work for his history course in Chapter 4?
4. Where did Johnny's family vacation when he was very young?
(a) Swiss Alps.
(c) Austrian Alps.
(d) Mt. Rushmore.
5. In the end of Chapter 3, Johnny's parents had to inform Johnny that he would not be going back where?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Connecticut.
(d) To school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the surgeon had gone how deep into Johnny's brain but had never penetrated to healthy brain tissue?
2. In Chapter 3, Johnny showed how much he cared about other people when he apologized for being too much trouble due to what event in the middle of the night?
3. In Chapter 3, Johnny's doctors finally compromised, and Johnny was taken back to Neurological where they were able to do what, leading to a great physical improvement?
4. While he was at Dr. Gerson's Nursing Home, the doctor took Johnny off what medication and insisted that he rest for several weeks?
5. Johnny when to the Medical Center on what street in New York City for surgeries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What treatment did Johnny receive at Dr. Gerson's Nursing Home in Chapter 3?
2. What interactions with others did Johnny have while at Dr. Gerson's Nursing Home in Chapter 3?
3. What was Johnny's condition like when he entered Dr. Gerson's Nursing Home in Chapter 3? How was his recovery there?
4. When were Johnny's parents informed that he might have a brain tumor? What did they do upon hearing the news?
5. What does the author write of Johnny's bad moods in Chapter 3?
6. What led to Johnny's not returning to school in Chapter 3? How did he respond?
7. What was controversial about Dr. Gerson's form of treatment, as discussed in Chapter 3? How did Johnny feel about it?
8. Where was Johnny Gunther born and raised? When did his family move to the United States?
9. What happened when Johnny's doctors attempted hormone treatment in Chapter 4?
10. What information did Johnny's family receive after his surgery in Chapter 4? How did Johnny recover from the operation?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)