|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny Gunther is buried on the second floor of the Mausoleum of what cemetery?
(a) Ferncliff Cemetery.
(b) Jackson Smith Cemetery.
(c) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(d) Champs Elise Cemetery.
2. Johnny had difficulty with what elements of his attire after returning home in Chapter 5?
(a) Shirt and pants.
(b) Pants and socks.
(c) Necktie and hat.
(d) Shoelaces and belt.
3. What word means marked by or showing bravery or valor; heroic?
4. How old was Johnny when he started taking geology classes and found them very interesting in "A Few More of His Letters"?
5. How does the author describe the weather when Johnny died in "Aftermath"?
6. What is the third chapter of Part Two titled?
(a) "The Diary."
(b) "A Word from Frances".
7. After his first operation, Johnny wrote to some school friends describing his hospital stay and explained that they had to drill three holes into his skull in "A Few More of His Letters"?
8. What refers to keen mental suffering or distress over affliction or loss; sharp sorrow; painful regret?
9. Johnny's letters from 1937 and 1938 in "A Few More of His Letters" showed that the young boy had an avid interest in what?
(b) The solar system.
(c) Art and literature.
10. What is a property of the surface of a liquid that allows it to resist an external force?
(a) Surface tension.
(c) Atomic density.
(d) Popular density.
11. In "Aftermath," Johnny's family was told that what would be very important to the neurological institutes in the world because it was so unique that Johnny remained so well up to the very end?
(a) Johnny's memoir.
(b) The slides from Johnny's brain.
(c) Johnny's DNA.
(d) Johnny's brain samples.
12. When did John Gunther die?
13. What was a research and development program, led by the United States with participation from the United Kingdom and Canada, that produced the first atomic bomb during World War II?
(a) Area 54 Project.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) Fat Man Little Boy Project.
(d) Los Alamos Project.
14. Johnny was hospitalized once again on what date in Chapter 5, being then discharged and having two or three good days during which he went out to films and spent time with friends?
(a) June 4.
(b) June 27.
(c) May 27.
(d) June 12.
15. What part of Johnny's body was clumsy and wouldn't open properly when he returned home in Chapter 5?
(a) His right hand.
(b) His left leg.
(c) His left hand.
(d) His right leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of Pierre Lecomte du Nouy's did Johnny read shortly before his death?
2. Based on Johnny's letters in "A Few More of His Letters," Johnny's parents were where in 1937 and 1938?
3. At what hospital did Johnny die?
4. What refers to indication of future excellence or achievement?
5. In 1939, Johnny's letters highlighted his interest in what in "A Few More of His Letters"?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)