|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the science that deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter?
2. On what date was Johnny's first operation performed in Chapter 1?
(a) September 12, 1946.
(b) April 25, 1946.
(c) April 29, 1946.
(d) July 3, 1945.
3. When Johnny was put in the infirmary for a stiff neck in Chapter 1, there was what kind of scare at the school?
4. The author describes Johnny's character as being what in the book's Forward?
5. Johnny went to the Neurological Institute in what city in Chapter 1?
(c) New York.
6. What book did John Gunther publish in 1944?
(a) The Lost City.
(b) The Golden Fleece.
(d) The Red Pavilion.
7. What refers to the science that deals with the dynamics and physical history of the earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the physical, chemical, and biological changes that the earth has undergone or is undergoing?
8. What was the cause of Johnny's debilitating illness during his teen years?
(b) A brain tumor.
9. Who was the Gunther family doctor in the book?
(a) Dr. Traeger.
(b) Dr. Gerson.
(c) Dr. Hahn.
(d) Dr. Johnson.
10. How was Johnny working to strengthen his eye problems in Chapter 1?
(b) A strict diet.
(c) Eye exercises.
(d) Contact lenses.
11. As he grew older, Johnny developed an interest in games, especially what?
12. In the end of Chapter 3, Johnny's parents had to inform Johnny that he would not be going back where?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Connecticut.
(d) To school.
13. In Chapter 3, Johnny showed how much he cared about other people when he apologized for being too much trouble due to what event in the middle of the night?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A nosebleed.
(c) An aneurism.
(d) A headache.
14. Johnny's parents lied to Johnny, telling him that his tumor was what in Chapter 1?
15. Johnny came home for Spring Holiday in March of what year when his parents took him on several outings in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair did Johnny have as a child?
2. What was the name of Johnny's mother?
3. When was John Gunther born?
4. Johnny had at least how many doctors treat him before he died?
5. Who is the narrator of "Death Be Not Proud"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)