|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Johnny when he died?
2. What day was Johnny's birthday?
(a) July 7.
(b) November 4.
(c) September 6.
(d) January 5.
3. Who was the Gunther family doctor in the book?
(a) Dr. Johnson.
(b) Dr. Gerson.
(c) Dr. Hahn.
(d) Dr. Traeger.
4. What color were Johnny's eyes?
5. What word means quiet, inactive, or dormant?
6. After Johnny's first operation in Chapter 1, he made a remarkable recovery, despite the fact that he couldn't open his eyes for how long?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
7. When was John Gunther born?
8. Where did Johnny's family vacation when he was very young?
(a) Mt. Rushmore.
(b) Austrian Alps.
(c) Swiss Alps.
9. In Chapter 3, Johnny's family celebrated his birthday with what?
(a) Imitation ice cream.
(b) Imitation cake.
(c) Tofu and vegetables.
(d) Imitation pot roast.
10. Things were looking good for Johnny in Chapter 4 until the end of what month?
11. As he grew older, Johnny developed an interest in games, especially what?
12. What refers to a sudden attack, as of epilepsy or some other disease?
13. What is a diagnostic, and at times therapeutic, procedure that is performed in order to collect a sample of cerebrospinal fluid for biochemical, microbiological, and cytological analysis?
(a) Spinal tap.
14. What refers to the science dealing with the atmosphere and its phenomena, including weather and climate?
15. When Johnny left the Neurological Institute, he had to stay in an apartment where in Chapter 2?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the author receive notice from the school that their son had a stiff neck and was in the infirmary in Chapter 1?
2. What refers to the science that deals with matter, energy, motion, and force?
3. When Johnny was put in the infirmary for a stiff neck in Chapter 1, there was what kind of scare at the school?
4. It was Johnny's goal to attend what university?
5. When was Johnny Gunther born?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)