|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the tumor were the doctors able to remove during Johnny's first operation in Chapter 1?
(a) One fourth.
(b) One third.
(c) One half.
(d) Two thirds.
2. When did Johnny's parents establish a regular routine for visitation in Chapter 3?
(a) Autumn, 1946.
(b) Summer, 1947.
(c) Spring, 1945.
(d) Winter, 1946.
3. How was Johnny working to strengthen his eye problems in Chapter 1?
(a) Contact lenses.
(b) A strict diet.
(c) Eye exercises.
4. As he grew older, Johnny developed an interest in games, especially what?
5. What color were Johnny's eyes?
6. Johnny underwent x-ray treatment until what date, when they stopped the treatment because of the danger of killing off tissue and causing white blood cells to deteriorate, in Chapter 2?
(a) September 12, 1950.
(b) June 20, 1946.
(c) July 15, 1946.
(d) July 10, 1945.
7. Within how much time at Dr. Gerson's Nursing Home did Johnny begin to show improvement in Chapter 3?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 day.
8. What refers to the business of conveying people, goods, etc.?
9. According to a camp counselor from when he was young, Johnny was very what?
10. In what year did Johnny come home from his boarding school for Christmas looking great in Chapter 1?
11. Who was particularly good at helping Johnny keep his spirits up by bringing him gifts and reading to him in Chapter 3?
(b) Dr. Garrison.
12. What refers to the science that deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter?
13. What is the most common and most aggressive malignant primary brain tumor in humans?
(a) Glioblastoma multiforme.
(b) Metastatic tumor.
(c) Brainstem glioma.
(d) Stereotactic tumor.
14. Johnny moved to where for the summer in Chapter 2, where he had a workshop and laboratory in the garage?
(d) New York.
15. What doctor vehemently opposed to removing Johnny's tumor in Chapter 3, stating that the tumor was dead and that it was sloughing itself out of his head?
(a) Dr. Masson.
(b) Dr. Mount.
(c) Dr. Gerson.
(d) Dr. Hahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Johnny born?
2. By what month had Johnny passed the English examination for school in Chapter 4?
3. After his surgery at the end of Chapter 4, Johnny recovered quickly, and he was talking to everyone on what date?
4. What refers to the science that deals with the dynamics and physical history of the earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the physical, chemical, and biological changes that the earth has undergone or is undergoing?
5. In Chapter 3, Johnny kept good spirits, even though he was tiring more easily, and he was having difficulty with the motor skills of what?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)