|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the author receive notice from the school that their son had a stiff neck and was in the infirmary in Chapter 1?
(a) March, 1940.
(b) October, 1946.
(c) April, 1946.
(d) September, 1945.
2. What term refers to a person, especially a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability?
3. Johnny's parents lied to Johnny, telling him that his tumor was what in Chapter 1?
4. It was Johnny's goal to attend what university?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. Who had been helping Johnny with physical activity in Chapter 4?
6. What was the cause of Johnny's debilitating illness during his teen years?
(d) A brain tumor.
7. In Chapter 3, Johnny's family celebrated his birthday with what?
(a) Imitation ice cream.
(b) Imitation pot roast.
(c) Imitation cake.
(d) Tofu and vegetables.
8. The author describes Johnny's character as being what in the book's Forward?
9. What refers to the business of conveying people, goods, etc.?
10. What color hair did Johnny have as a child?
11. Who was the girl Johnny was romantically interested in, as revealed in Chapter 4?
12. Johnny filled out his application for college and took the college board exams on what date?
(a) April 12, 1947.
(b) April 25, 1947.
(c) June 1, 1947.
(d) May 10, 1946.
13. Who was particularly good at helping Johnny keep his spirits up by bringing him gifts and reading to him in Chapter 3?
(d) Dr. Garrison.
14. When was Max Gerson born?
15. What refers to the cultivation of plants by placing the roots in liquid nutrient solutions rather than in soil?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a sudden attack, as of epilepsy or some other disease?
2. What was the name of Johnny's mother?
3. Things were looking good for Johnny in Chapter 4 until the end of what month?
4. Who was the Gunther family doctor in the book?
5. In Chapter 3, although Johnny's strength was better, the bump began to get worse, becoming two bumps and then what?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)