|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the business of conveying people, goods, etc.?
2. "Death Be Not Proud" takes its name from Holy Sonnet X by whom?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Alexander Pope.
(c) Don Juan.
3. How old was Johnny when he died?
4. When Johnny was a few months old, the family moved where?
(c) New York.
5. When did the author receive notice from the school that their son had a stiff neck and was in the infirmary in Chapter 1?
(a) September, 1945.
(b) March, 1940.
(c) October, 1946.
(d) April, 1946.
6. By what month had Johnny passed the English examination for school in Chapter 4?
7. Where did John Gunther grow up?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
8. What refers to the cultivation of plants by placing the roots in liquid nutrient solutions rather than in soil?
9. After his first operation in Chapter 1, Johnny wrote a prayer that he called what?
(a) "Believer's Prayer".
(b) "Tomorrow's Prayer".
(c) "Song of Sorrow".
(d) "Unbeliever's Prayer".
10. What refers to the loss of a large block of interrelated memories, or complete or partial loss of memory caused by brain injury, shock, etc.?
11. In Chapter 3, although Johnny's strength was better, the bump began to get worse, becoming two bumps and then what?
12. On what date did Johnny's parents receive a call that a neurologist had seen their son, and they thought that Johnny had a brain tumor?
(a) October 1, 1945.
(b) September 12, 1946.
(c) July 3, 1945.
(d) April 25, 1946.
13. Where was Johnny conceived?
(b) New York.
14. Johnny had at least how many doctors treat him before he died?
15. What color were Johnny's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was Johnny's first operation performed in Chapter 1?
2. Who was the girl Johnny was romantically interested in, as revealed in Chapter 4?
3. Within how much time at Dr. Gerson's Nursing Home did Johnny begin to show improvement in Chapter 3?
4. In the end of Chapter 3, Johnny's parents had to inform Johnny that he would not be going back where?
5. When was John Gunther born?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)