|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was John Gunther born?
2. Who was the girl Johnny was romantically interested in, as revealed in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 3, Johnny kept good spirits, even though he was tiring more easily, and he was having difficulty with the motor skills of what?
(a) His right hand.
(b) His left leg.
(c) His left hand.
(d) His right leg.
4. Johnny came home for Spring Holiday in March of what year when his parents took him on several outings in Chapter 1?
5. What school had John Gunther attended for his high school education?
(a) Norfolk Academy.
(b) Deerfield Academy.
(c) Boston Arts Academy.
(d) Winston Academy.
6. What doctor vehemently opposed to removing Johnny's tumor in Chapter 3, stating that the tumor was dead and that it was sloughing itself out of his head?
(a) Dr. Hahn.
(b) Dr. Gerson.
(c) Dr. Mount.
(d) Dr. Masson.
7. Where is Deerfield Academy located?
(c) New York.
8. Johnny's diet at Dr. Gerson's Nursing Home had no salt or fat, and what were at an extreme minimum?
9. When Johnny was a few months old, the family moved where?
(a) New York.
10. What day was Johnny's birthday?
(a) January 5.
(b) September 6.
(c) July 7.
(d) November 4.
11. When was John Gunther's Inside U.S.A. published?
12. What color were Johnny's eyes?
13. Where was Max Gerson born?
14. Where did John Gunther grow up?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. In the end of Chapter 3, Johnny's parents had to inform Johnny that he would not be going back where?
(a) To school.
(b) To Connecticut.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the tumor were the doctors able to remove during Johnny's first operation in Chapter 1?
2. Where in Connecticut did Johnny's family live after leaving Europe?
3. Where did John Gunther attend college?
4. What was the cause of Johnny's debilitating illness during his teen years?
5. Johnny went to the Neurological Institute in what city in Chapter 1?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)