|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing the case Brunetti refers to Flavia as being which of the following?
2. What is the occupation of the signorina?
3. What does Brunetti see when he looks across to the other apartment?
4. Which character presented himself to the man as Hilmar Doerr?
5. What item does the signorina threaten to withhold if Dami does not finish his meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brunetti learn by reviewing the autopsy reports? How does Wellauer's ex-husband fit into the case?
2. What became of Santina's sisters?
3. Discuss the scene in which Wellauer's second wife was found. What happened?
4. What was the nature of Santina's professional relationship with Wellauer? How did the relationship end?
5. What is Brunetti's response to Paola's questions about Petrelli being a likely candidate for Wellauer's murder?
6. What does Brunetti note about Wellauer's datebook? What is the Signora's reaction to Brunetti's questions?
7. What does Brunetti learn that solves the mystery of Petrelli's skylights? Where did she get them?
8. What is on the television when Brunetti arrives at home? What is the conversation Brunetti has with Chiara?
9. Describe at least some of the information Brunetti learns about Lynch's background.
10. Why does Brunetti begin to question himself about the possibility of Lynch's guilt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brunetti and Vice-Questore Patta have a rocky relationship. Compare and contrast the jobs of the men as well as their personalities. What might make the relationship better? Is there any problem with authority? How might you handle the situation if you were Brunetti? Patta? Explain how Patta views Brunetti and his work as the commissario. Explain Brunetti's opinion of Patta, personally and as Vice-Questore.
Essay Topic 2
Paola comments that it may be the most obvious suspect that has committed the crime. Why does Paola make the statement? Which famous author does Paola quote? What causes Paola to use literature as a reference? Does Brunetti take Paola seriously? What other authors might have the same or opposite effect on Paola's reasoning? Name at least five in each category and explain, using examples.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail the plot and theme of "La Traviata." Also cite the history of the opera and other works it has inspired. Are there any similarities or correlations between "La Traviata" and "Death at La Fenice?" Explain.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)