|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which canal did the funeral procession pass on its way to the graveyard?
2. What is the man's title?
3. Where was the singer discovered?
4. Who does Brunetti interview next?
5. Lynch admits to bribing which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Padovani tell Brunetti about his first meeting with Paola?
2. Discuss at least a part of Signora Elizabeth Wellauer's history.
3. Why does Brunetti want to go to the Faliers' house for a party?
4. What information does Brunetti receive when he asks the Signora about Wellauer's will?
5. What comment does Santore make that intrigues Brunetti?
6. What is the first sign that something is amiss at La Fenice?
7. What does Brunetti learn about Wellauer from Paola's father?
8. What distressing news is received by Brunetti regarding potential suspects?
9. What is the reason Lynch had such an intense dislike for Wellauer?
10. Commissario Guido Brunetti is called to investigate a homicide. Who is the victim and how is the crime committed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paola comments that it may be the most obvious suspect that has committed the crime. Why does Paola make the statement? Which famous author does Paola quote? What causes Paola to use literature as a reference? Does Brunetti take Paola seriously? What other authors might have the same or opposite effect on Paola's reasoning? Name at least five in each category and explain, using examples.
Essay Topic 2
Political views are often mentioned in Leon's books. In this case, Brunetti discusses political views with Dr. Barbara Zorzi. What does Brunetti say to Zorzi? Is the assessment accurate? What is Zorzi's response? What are the political views of each? Is the profession of either affected, dictated or controlled by politics? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Brunetti does not always follow the rules; however, he is adept at getting results. Explain at least one way in which Brunetti may have broken the rules. Examine Brunetti's interview and investigation techniques. Which, if any, are questionable? What is the punishment for improper methods? What might Patta do if he found out about Brunetti's methods? How did Brunetti handle the information he learned about Elizabeth Wellauer? What was Brunetti's final decision about the case?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)