|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the man's personality?
2. What is the name of the man that performed the autopsy?
3. Which of the following is not present at Wellauer's funeral?
4. It is rumored that Wellauer belonged to which covert operation?
5. What is the name of Brunetti's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the investigators find odd about Wellauer's closet?
2. Discuss the scene in which Brunetti meets Santore. What information is gained about Santore?
3. What information does Brunetti receive when he asks the Signora about Wellauer's will?
4. What is the Count's reaction when Brunetti inquires about Wellauer's personal life?
5. What comment does Santore make that intrigues Brunetti?
6. What distressing news is received by Brunetti regarding potential suspects?
7. What information is gathered from Wellauer's house? Who presents the information at Questura?
8. Paola introduces Brunetti to which one of her old college friends? What is the purpose of the introduction?
9. Discuss at least a part of Signora Elizabeth Wellauer's history.
10. What is the final piece of information given to Brunetti by Dami?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brett Lynch seems to be a cold and calculating woman while Flavia Petrelli seems to be more impulsive and hotheaded. Create complete character studies of Lynch and Petrelli. Compare and contrast the personalities of the two women. Which characteristics were real and which were contrived? How were they perceived by Brunetti? What was Brunetti's opinion of each?
Essay Topic 2
Flavia Petrelli tells Brunetti that her children are living in Munich with her grandparents. Discuss the reasons for the children being away from their parents. Who made the decision to send the children to Munich? Why? What is Flavia's cover story? Do you believe it is true? What other reasons might there be for the children to live in another country? How do you think Flavia's grandparents feel about the situation? What is the opinion of Flavia's ex-husband? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Wellauer went to his friend Erich Steinbrunner for a hearing test. The results were that Wellauer had lost less than 10% of his hearing. What was the most likely cause according to Steinbrunner? Treponti performed the same test and came up with drastically different results. Considering the background information in the text, give your opinion on how the results could be so different. Was it incompetence, or something else? How did Wellauer react to the news? What could be done to help the hearing loss? Was there any cure for Wellauer's issue? How would it continue to affect Wellauer's life and career?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)