|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patta insists that Brunetti bring _______ to his office every morning.
(b) Closed case files.
2. What word best describes the man's personality?
3. In what city does the story take place?
4. Brunetti notices that the women look at each other with which type of look?
5. It is rumored that Wellauer belonged to which covert operation?
(b) Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item in Lynch's apartment strikes Brunetti as odd?
2. What is the name of Brunetti's wife?
3. What is the name of the type of boat seen all throughout Venice?
4. Which of the following is not present at Wellauer's funeral?
5. Brunetti is ordered to arrive in Patta's office at what time each morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Patta calls Brunetti to his office. What does Patta want? How does Brunetti respond?
2. Who is the first person interviewed by Brunetti in chapter 3? What is Brunetti's impression of the interviewee?
3. What information is gathered from Wellauer's house? Who presents the information at Questura?
4. What is undetermined at this time? What is Brunetti's opinion?
5. What was the argument that occurred between Santore and Wellauer before the opera? What was the cause of the argument?
6. What do the investigators find odd about Wellauer's closet?
7. What comment does Santore make that intrigues Brunetti?
8. What information does Brunetti receive when he asks the Signora about Wellauer's will?
9. As Brunetti walks home from his meeting with Lynch he thinks about Paola's family. What is Brunetti's relationship with his in-laws?
10. What does Brunetti learn about Wellauer from Paola's father?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)