|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prostitute gives Brunetti information about which incident?
2. The woman reveals to Brunetti that she has been working in the area since which month?
3. After the introductions, the men automatically pretend to be which of the following?
4. Brunetti suspects that the item in question came from which country?
5. What is one of the benefits that the men have in regards to being undercover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What option does Brunetti intend to offer to the prostitute as a measure of helping the woman out of a difficult situation?
2. The prostitute re-enters the story. Where does Brunetti meet her? For what purpose?
3. Brunetti played a long shot that turned out to be a good lead. What was it?
4. What is della Corte's take on the pimp? What is his plan?
5. How long is the pimp kept at the Questura after he gives Brunetti the information?
6. What does Brunetti think of the pimp? How does Brunetti characterize Franco?
7. What is Franco able to tell Brunetti about his contact? How do they communicate?
8. What piece of evidence is Brunetti finally able to get? What information does it provide?
9. How do the men manage to keep their cover from the first minute they meet?
10. What is the logical conclusion that could be drawn regarding Martucci's motives to kill Trevisan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elletra Zorzi has an interesting connection with the police. Brunetti does not understand why Zorzi agrees to consult with the carabinieri. There is low pay and it is not necessary for Zorzi's career. Examine why Zorzi works with the police and with Brunetti. What are Zorzi's motives? How does Zorzi involve others in her work? What benefits are there to having a psychiatrist on hand? What tasks did Zorzi perform in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Brunetti does not always follow the rules, however he is adept at getting results. One way in which Brunetti may have broken the rules is by lying to or coercing the interviewees and suspects. Examine Brunetti's interview and investigation techniques. Which are questionable? What is the punishment for improper methods? What might Patta do if he found out about Brunetti's methods? How did Brunetti handle the pimp and the prostitute?
Essay Topic 3
Brunetti meets with the Chief Justice with the hopes of getting inside information on Trevisan, Favero, Lotto, and the cartel in general. Discuss Brunetti's relationship with the judge. Why would the judge be inclined to help the police? Why would the judge be a better source of information than a neighbor of the victim or someone in Trevisan's law practice? Do you think it was difficult for the judge to see Brunetti? How might other favors and political connections play into solving various murder cases? Use examples.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)