|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the next character to be found dead in his car?
2. Brunetti is shocked that a child would have such easy access to which item?
3. What is Brunetti's first real course of action regarding the pimp in the bar?
4. The men pretend to discuss which topic at length?
5. To whom did the item(s) belong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the logical conclusion that could be drawn regarding Martucci's motives to kill Trevisan?
2. How does Ceroni answer Brunetti's question? Is she linked with Favero? If so, how?
3. How do the men manage to keep their cover from the first minute they meet?
4. How does Brunetti act when meeting the prostitute? What is the purpose of the act?
5. What piece of evidence is Brunetti finally able to get? What information does it provide?
6. What happened to the son after the robbery? How did it affect Brunetti's relationship with the judge?
7. What does the prostitute tell Brunetti?
8. What is Franco able to tell Brunetti about his contact? How do they communicate?
9. What are the first questions Brunetti asks the prostitute?
10. How does Brunetti switch tactics when the pimp refuses to cooperate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elletra Zorzi has an interesting connection with the police. Brunetti does not understand why Zorzi agrees to consult with the carabinieri. There is low pay and it is not necessary for Zorzi's career. Examine why Zorzi works with the police and with Brunetti. What are Zorzi's motives? How does Zorzi involve others in her work? What benefits are there to having a psychiatrist on hand? What tasks did Zorzi perform in this story?
Essay Topic 2
One of the major reasons for the distribution channels of the cartel is to sell the snuff films. Explain in detail what a snuff film is and why they are often popular underground. Is a snuff film the same as pornography? Explain. Do snuff films really exist? What is the punishment for making or selling a snuff film? In what types of places might one sell or distribute the film? Who might be the most likely consumer?
Essay Topic 3
Signora Ceroni is a hardened woman who has done everything to bring herself out of the negative place she was in when she first arrived in Italy. As a result, Ceroni has no pity for others that are in the same situation. Examine Ceroni's experience, where she was, her journey while in Italy, and how she came through the difficult times. Also examine how Ceroni's attitude may have helped and/or hindered her in her professional life and choices.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)