|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 21, Brunetti manages to get which important item?
2. Brunetti plays upon the fact that pimp will soon be introduced to which of the following?
3. The pimp is able to give Brunetti information about what in regards to his contact?
4. After the introductions, the men automatically pretend to be which of the following?
5. The men meet to discuss the possible relationship between which two characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brunetti expect when questioning the pimp
2. How does Brunetti switch tactics when the pimp refuses to cooperate?
3. How does Brunetti act when meeting the prostitute? What is the purpose of the act?
4. What does Brunetti learn about Trevisan's law practice? What went wrong?
5. What does Brunetti add about terrorism and how it might affect the pimp?
6. What happened to the son after the robbery? How did it affect Brunetti's relationship with the judge?
7. How does Brunetti know the Chief Justice? What is the connection between the two men?
8. The prostitute re-enters the story. Where does Brunetti meet her? For what purpose?
9. Brunetti played a long shot that turned out to be a good lead. What was it?
10. How long is the pimp kept at the Questura after he gives Brunetti the information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brunetti did a favor for the Chief Justice regarding his son. Describe the situation with the son, the problem, how Brunetti got involved, and how the judge related to the entire scenario. Also explore how the incident affected Brunetti's relationship with the judge. What actions were made to help the son? Were the actions effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Brunetti and Vice-Questore Patta have a rocky relationship. Compare and contrast the jobs of the men as well as their personalities. What might make the relationship better? Is there any problem with authority? How might you handle the situation if you were Brunetti? Patta?
Essay Topic 3
The prostitutes often have little or no choice when it comes to their own freedom. Brunetti attempted to help the prostitute from the bar by having her talk to Elletra. Examine what might be done to help the woman get back on her feet and off the streets. What kind of help might Elletra offer? What options does the woman have in regards to ending her life of prostitution? Do you think she will stay in Italy? Would it be wise to return to her own country or make a new start in Italy? What kind of programs are available in your area to help people that have fallen on hard times and wish to start anew?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)