|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the victim's daughter?
2. The area used as the initial setting borders which two countries?
3. What is the recently deceased character's first name?
4. People initially thought the women were:
5. How many officers arrive at the scene of the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brunetti find in Favero's possession? Why does the finding puzzle Brunetti?
2. Who is the first murder victim in the story? Where is the man going when he is murdered?
3. Who is the next victim in the story? Where is the body found? Prominent accountant Rino Favero, the second victim, is found dead in his garage.
4. What is Chiara's opinion about her new role in the case? How does she hope her parents will react to the news?
5. What is Monelli's role in this scene? What does the officer attempt to do?
6. How might the deaths tie into the corruption case Brunetti had been working on for months?
7. What is the first scene in the book? What time of year is it? Why are the scene and the weather important to the rest of the story?
8. Who is the next person to be visited by Brunetti?
9. Explain the scene involving the truck in as much detail as possible. Include the location, the speed of the vehicle and where the truck came from in the first place.
10. What news does Chiara give to her father? How is the work being done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brunetti had a difficult time when interviewing Franca Trevisan. Although Franca would not always talk, it was clear to Brunetti that she was hiding something. Why did Brunetti suspect Franca? Did Franca do anything illegal? Could Franca be arrested for simply knowing about the crimes? What is your opinion about Franca's treatment of Francesca? Would Franca be able to protect Francesca from the cartel?
Essay Topic 2
Brunetti often shares his work with his wife, Paola Falier. What kind of influence does Paola have on Brunetti regarding his work? Is it appropriate for Paola to know about the cases? What kind of input might she have? How was Paola involved in this case? What kind of advice might she have given to Brunetti? What might be something Paola would do that would be over the line in regards to police work?
Essay Topic 3
Brunetti does not always follow the rules, however he is adept at getting results. One way in which Brunetti may have broken the rules is by lying to or coercing the interviewees and suspects. Examine Brunetti's interview and investigation techniques. Which are questionable? What is the punishment for improper methods? What might Patta do if he found out about Brunetti's methods? How did Brunetti handle the pimp and the prostitute?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)