|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brunetti practices which of the following during stressful times?
2. Brunetti attempts to explain that spying is wrong when it involves:
3. How old is the daughter of the latest victim?
4. Why does the cop get arrested?
5. How much of the substance was reported to be found in the man's system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the police were called? What was the response by officials?
2. What is the first scene in the book? What time of year is it? Why are the scene and the weather important to the rest of the story?
3. What happens to the truck and the victims after the scene is cleared by the police?
4. What does the doctor think killed Favero? How much of the substance was present? What does it mean?
5. What is Chiara's opinion about her new role in the case? How does she hope her parents will react to the news?
6. Explain the scene involving the truck in as much detail as possible. Include the location, the speed of the vehicle and where the truck came from in the first place.
7. What is another connection between Trevisan and Favero?
8. What news does Chiara give to her father? How is the work being done?
9. What is the plan between Brunetti and Vianello regarding Pinetta's? What is decided? How does the plan turn out?
10. What happens to the news about the accident a few days after it occurred? How was the story rediscovered and by whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, Brunetti was presented with various leads that might help to solve the case. There are also leads that could distract Brunetti and lead him on a wild goose chase. Discuss how Brunetti could tell a valuable lead from one that may not turn out to be anything important. Does one get precedence in the investigation? If so, how do the police decide? Do you think that the clues Brunetti chose to follow were the best ones? How might you have handled the case?
Essay Topic 2
One of the major reasons for the distribution channels of the cartel is to sell the snuff films. Explain in detail what a snuff film is and why they are often popular underground. Is a snuff film the same as pornography? Explain. Do snuff films really exist? What is the punishment for making or selling a snuff film? In what types of places might one sell or distribute the film? Who might be the most likely consumer?
Essay Topic 3
Pinetta's bar was used in several instances in the story. Discuss the reason to use Pinetta's bar for meetings, interviews, stakeouts and corralling suspects. What benefits are there to using a bar opposed to a coffee shop or restaurant? What did Brunetti learn at Pinetta's? Do you think Franco will continue to do business at Pinetta's even after he was taken into Questura for questioning? What might the other patrons and bartender think of cops being in the bar?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)