|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The vehicle was licensed in which country?
2. What is the occupation of the main character's wife?
3. Who has been doing unauthorized detective work?
4. What is the name of the victim's daughter?
5. Where will the action and this first step take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is another connection between Trevisan and Favero?
2. Who discovers Trevisan's body? What is the character's initial reaction? What does the character do?
3. What is Monelli's role in this scene? What does the officer attempt to do?
4. What did a bystander have to say about the presence of the women at the scene? What made the bystanders change their minds about the women?
5. Who is the next person to be visited by Brunetti?
6. What news does Chiara give to her father? How is the work being done?
7. Who initially attempts to help the accident victims? Why might this action be unusual? What happened next?
8. What happens to the truck and the victims after the scene is cleared by the police?
9. Explain the scene involving the truck in as much detail as possible. Include the location, the speed of the vehicle and where the truck came from in the first place.
10. Describe the people found at the scene at the accident. What questions are asked? What is the determination of the accident victims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of Chapter 1, the reader is introduced to a scene in which a truck from Romania crashes in the Italian Alps. Examine the presence of the truck, why it crashed, and what it means to the story. Why is it important to know that the truck is from Romania? Why does the origin of the truck and cargo matter in the story? Why do you think the author chose Romania over Bosnia or some other country? What is the special appeal about eastern European girls? How might they have been contacted and coerced to make the trip?
Essay Topic 2
Signora Ceroni is a hardened woman who has done everything to bring herself out of the negative place she was in when she first arrived in Italy. As a result, Ceroni has no pity for others that are in the same situation. Examine Ceroni's experience, where she was, her journey while in Italy, and how she came through the difficult times. Also examine how Ceroni's attitude may have helped and/or hindered her in her professional life and choices.
Essay Topic 3
Brunetti had a difficult time when interviewing Franca Trevisan. Although Franca would not always talk, it was clear to Brunetti that she was hiding something. Why did Brunetti suspect Franca? Did Franca do anything illegal? Could Franca be arrested for simply knowing about the crimes? What is your opinion about Franca's treatment of Francesca? Would Franca be able to protect Francesca from the cartel?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)