|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. People initially thought the women were:
2. What is the profession of the interviewee?
3. Who is in the company of the widow?
4. After the crash, where did the vehicle land?
5. What is the name of Brunetti's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene involving the truck in as much detail as possible. Include the location, the speed of the vehicle and where the truck came from in the first place.
2. Who is the next person to be visited by Brunetti?
3. What is the plan between Brunetti and Vianello regarding Pinetta's? What is decided? How does the plan turn out?
4. How does Paola react to Chiara's news? What does Paola try to explain to Chiara?
5. What happens to the news about the accident a few days after it occurred? How was the story rediscovered and by whom?
6. Who discovers Trevisan's body? What is the character's initial reaction? What does the character do?
7. Describe the people found at the scene at the accident. What questions are asked? What is the determination of the accident victims?
8. What happened after the police were called? What was the response by officials?
9. What is Brunetti's first hypothesis regarding the possible connection between the two victims?
10. How might the deaths tie into the corruption case Brunetti had been working on for months?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Signora Ceroni originally works at the travel agency to cover up the cartel's activities. Explain how Ceroni became involved with the business. Who started the agency? What was Ceroni's role? How did she become involved in the cartel? What caused Ceroni to become a legitimate businesswoman? What ideas did Ceroni take to the cartel? Was Ceroni loyal to the cartel and their activities? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of Chapter 1, the reader is introduced to a scene in which a truck from Romania crashes in the Italian Alps. Examine the presence of the truck, why it crashed, and what it means to the story. Why is it important to know that the truck is from Romania? Why does the origin of the truck and cargo matter in the story? Why do you think the author chose Romania over Bosnia or some other country? What is the special appeal about eastern European girls? How might they have been contacted and coerced to make the trip?
Essay Topic 3
Brunetti does not always follow the rules, however he is adept at getting results. One way in which Brunetti may have broken the rules is by lying to or coercing the interviewees and suspects. Examine Brunetti's interview and investigation techniques. Which are questionable? What is the punishment for improper methods? What might Patta do if he found out about Brunetti's methods? How did Brunetti handle the pimp and the prostitute?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)