|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Leigh’s dad traveling when he lost Leigh’s dog?
(a) Highway 154.
(b) Highway 66.
(c) Interstate 5.
(d) Highway 80.
2. Leigh says in his January 30 diary entry that sometimes truckers lose the hearing in their left ear from what?
(a) Wind rushing past the driver’s window.
(b) Playing music too loud in their trucks.
(c) Sitting too long without getting up.
(d) Yelling at the CB radio.
3. Who saves the young bears in winter in the story Beggar Bears?
(a) A park ranger and his son.
(b) An old man with a cane.
(c) A policeman and his daughter.
(d) An author living in the woods.
4. Leigh says he got books from the library about what in his March 1 diary entry?
(a) The solar system.
5. What does Leigh recall his dad saying society was ruining in his diary entry from February 2?
(a) The rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leigh say his mom’s friends work on to sell for extra money when they visit in his diary entry from February 2?
2. What does Leigh describe white bread as tasting like in his March 15 diary entry?
3. What was Leigh’s dad delivering when he lost Leigh’s dog?
4. What does Leigh describe on the sign where the butterflies gather in his February 7 diary entry?
5. What surprised Leigh about the book Beggar Bears, according to his letter on January 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What letter does Leigh describe receiving from his father in his diary entry on February 9? How does Leigh feel about the letter?
2. How does Leigh describe his and his mother’s exchange after the phone call in his February 5 diary entry?
3. What is the tone of Leigh’s diary entries from January 31 and February 1?
4. What outcome does Leigh describe of his alarm invention in his diary entries from March 5 and 6?
5. What does Leigh tell Mr. Henshaw about the writing competition in his letter from January 19?
6. Why are there babies in Leigh’s room when he writes his diary entry on February 2?
7. What worries consume Leigh about his dad in his January 30 diary entry?
8. How does Leigh’s dad describe losing Bandit? Where was he when Bandit was lost?
9. How do Leigh’s diary entries change on February 6? What does Leigh relate in this entry?
10. What does Leigh reveal about Mr. Henshaw’s advice in his letter from February 28?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)