|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the composition book that Leigh buys to use as a diary?
2. Leigh says he hates living where in his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2?
(a) Near the ocean.
(b) In a small town.
(c) By the railroad tracks.
(d) In a mobile home park.
3. How does Leigh sign his name in his second letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 3?
(a) “Your friend Leigh.”
(b) “Leigh (Lee) Botts.”
(c) “Leigh Marcus Botts.”
(d) “Leigh Botts (boy).”
4. Leigh says in his December 4 letter to Mr. Henshaw, “When you answered my questions, you said the way to get to be an author was to” what?
5. What name does Leigh say he wrote on his lunch bag at school in his diary entry from January 3?
(a) Bill Botts.
(b) James Reilly.
(c) Andrew Tucker.
(d) Joe Kelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Leigh live with his parents prior to their divorce?
2. What is the name of the school custodian that Leigh likes?
3. How does Leigh say his father ends their calls in his December 1 letter?
4. Leigh says in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw that his teacher read Mr. Henshaw’s book about what on May 12?
5. What does Leigh say he noticed about the California flag when the custodian raised it that day in his December 12 letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ploy does Leigh develop to thwart the lunch bag robber after the Christmas holidays? Is he successful?
2. What does Leigh ask Mr. Henshaw in his December 2 letter? What does Leigh relate about himself in this letter?
3. What does Leigh write about in his December 12 letter to Mr. Henshaw? Where did Leigh receive a postcard from?
4. What advice has Leigh taken from Mr. Henshaw in his December 13 letter? What further advice does he ask for?
5. What is related of Mr. Henshaw’s advice to Leigh in Leigh’s letter from December 21?
6. What does Leigh say about the questions Mr. Henshaw sent him in his November 15 letter?
7. Why does Leigh write to Mr. Henshaw on September 20? How old is Leigh in this letter?
8. What is the third question Leigh responds to on November 22? What is his response?
9. What books are discussed in Leigh’s letters to Mr. Henshaw on October 2 and November 2 in the beginning of the book?
10. On December 1, Leigh answers the final questions sent by Mr. Henshaw. How does he respond to “What do you wish?”
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)