|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leigh say he and his mom went to eat after crying in his February 5 diary entry?
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Ice cream cones.
2. Leigh says in his January 30 diary entry that his mother told him that she rode with Leigh’s father until when?
(a) They got divorced.
(b) He was born.
(c) His sister was born.
(d) They got married.
3. How does the mother bear die in Beggar Bears?
(a) She eats a plastic bag.
(b) She eats insecticide.
(c) She drowns in the river.
(d) She is shot by a poacher.
4. What does Leigh say he is filled with due to his father’s failure to call him in his January 31 diary entry?
5. Where does Barry say he’d like to install an alarm after Leigh’s lunchbox success?
(a) On his bedroom door.
(b) On his bike.
(c) On his lunchbox.
(d) On his diary.
6. Leigh says in his February 5 diary entry that his mom and dad got married where?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Las Vegas.
7. Who intercepted Leigh when he was about to drop-kick a lunch bag, according to his February 6 diary entry?
(a) Miss Neely.
(b) Mr. Henshaw.
(c) Miss Martinez.
(d) Mr. Fridley.
8. On January 19, Leigh writes and thanks Mr. Henshaw for the postcard with a picture of what on it?
(a) A lake and mountains in the snow.
(b) A barren desert and pyramids.
(c) The Eiffel Tower in Paris.
(d) Bears and a small cabin.
9. Leigh concludes his February 5 diary entry by saying “I don’t like to think that Bandit is” what?
(a) “A traitor.”
(c) “Wandering alone.”
(d) “A bum.”
10. Why do Barry and Leigh end up not making an alarm when Leigh first comes over to Barry’s house?
(a) Barry decides he doesn’t want to.
(b) Barry’s mom forbids them to.
(c) Barry has the wrong kind of battery.
(d) Barry doesn’t have a bell.
11. What color is the beat-up lunchbox that Leigh buys to take to school?
12. Who saves the young bears in winter in the story Beggar Bears?
(a) A policeman and his daughter.
(b) A park ranger and his son.
(c) An old man with a cane.
(d) An author living in the woods.
13. By what name does Leigh say his dad goes by on the CB radio in his diary entry from February 2?
(a) “Wild Bill from Bakersfield.”
(b) “Billy Badger from Bentley.”
(c) “Bill Bonito of Barsdale.”
(d) "Billy the Kid."
14. In his February 28 letter to Mr. Henshaw, Leigh writes, “I think you are right. Maybe I am not ready to” what?
(a) “Forgive my dad.”
(b) “Be a poet.”
(c) “Write a story.”
(d) “Ask for forgiveness.”
15. Of the man at the hardware store, Leigh says in his March 3 diary entry, “He called me son, and my Dad calls me” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh writes in his March 3 diary entry that he bought what at the hardware store today?
2. Leigh says in his January 30 diary entry that he looked in his book of highway maps and figured out that his dad should be where now?
3. What does Leigh write that his dad said to buy with the money he sent in his February 9 diary entry?
4. What does Barry never use when he constructs his models?
5. What does Leigh say he’s decided to save the money his dad sent him for in his February 9 diary entry?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)