|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intercepted Leigh when he was about to drop-kick a lunch bag, according to his February 6 diary entry?
(a) Miss Martinez.
(b) Miss Neely.
(c) Mr. Henshaw.
(d) Mr. Fridley.
2. What class does Leigh say he left to go to the bathroom because he was so mad about his lunch in his February 6 diary entry?
(b) Math class.
(c) Spelling class.
(d) Science class.
3. In his January 15 letter to Mr. Henshaw, Leigh writes that he finished Beggar Bears in how much time?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 nights.
(c) 3 nights.
(d) 1 week.
4. What does Barry never use when he constructs his models?
5. Leigh says in his February 5 diary entry that his mom and dad got married where?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) San Francisco.
6. Of the man at the hardware store, Leigh says in his March 3 diary entry, “He called me son, and my Dad calls me” what?
7. What color is the beat-up lunchbox that Leigh buys to take to school?
8. Where does Leigh say he and his mother ate their dinner in his February 5 diary entry?
(a) By the ocean.
(b) By the butterfly tree.
(c) At the truck stop.
(d) At the mobile home park.
9. Leigh says in his January 12 letter to Mr. Henshaw that he is on what page of Beggar Bears?
10. What does Leigh describe on the sign where the butterflies gather in his February 7 diary entry?
(a) “Warning. $500 Fine for Molesting Butterflies in Any Way.”
(b) “$500 Reward. Butterflies Wanted.”
(c) “Do not touch Anything! $1,000 Fine.”
(d) “Stay off the Grass! $500 fine for stepping on the grass.”
11. What does Leigh recall his dad saying society was ruining in his diary entry from February 2?
(d) The rivers.
12. Leigh writes in his March 3 diary entry that he bought what at the hardware store today?
(a) A light switch, a battery, and a doorbell.
(b) A telephone wire, a box of paperclips, and a flashlight.
(c) A radio, a spool of wire, and a notebook.
(d) A potato bag, a lunchbox, and a lamp.
13. Who does Leigh say he and his mom used to scoop up the mashed potatoes and gravy with their dinner in his February 5 diary entry?
(a) Chicken bones.
(c) An ice cream cone.
(d) Their fingers.
14. Leigh asks the man who works at the gas station by his house what is in the box that says “Alarm System” on the station. What is the gas station attendant’s reply?
(a) “Wiring and a sound system.”
(b) “A hamster on a wheel.”
(c) “Batteries and a bell.”
(d) “A cell phone magnet and a bell.”
15. On January 19, Leigh writes and thanks Mr. Henshaw for the postcard with a picture of what on it?
(a) A lake and mountains in the snow.
(b) A barren desert and pyramids.
(c) Bears and a small cabin.
(d) The Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests taping a cardboard shelf in Leigh’s lunchbox so his sandwich won’t muffle the alarm?
2. In his letter to Mr. Henshaw on January 12, Leigh writes that his mother won’t do what because she wants Leigh’s “brain to stay in good shape”?
3. It becomes apparent in Leigh’s March 15 diary entry that he has gained a sense of what?
4. What does the sign on Leigh’s door say?
5. What does Leigh say his dad wrote a note to him on in his February 9 diary entry?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)