|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Barry and Leigh end up not making an alarm when Leigh first comes over to Barry’s house?
(a) Barry doesn’t have a bell.
(b) Barry’s mom forbids them to.
(c) Barry decides he doesn’t want to.
(d) Barry has the wrong kind of battery.
2. Leigh says in his January 12 letter to Mr. Henshaw that he is on what page of Beggar Bears?
3. Leigh says he got books from the library about what in his March 1 diary entry?
(c) The solar system.
4. What does Leigh write that his dad said to buy with the money he sent in his February 9 diary entry?
(a) A new jacket.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) An ice cream cone.
(d) A new dog.
5. Of the man at the hardware store, Leigh says in his March 3 diary entry, “He called me son, and my Dad calls me” what?
6. In his January 31 diary entry, Leigh writes “I am mad at Mom for” what?
(a) “Making me go to school.”
(b) “Making me write this.”
(c) “Forgetting to call me.”
(d) “Divorcing Dad.”
7. How does the mother bear die in Beggar Bears?
(a) She is shot by a poacher.
(b) She eats a plastic bag.
(c) She drowns in the river.
(d) She eats insecticide.
8. Who does Leigh say always looks worried when kids throw out their lunches except for the cookies in his March 15 diary entry?
(a) Mr. Fridley.
(b) Miss Martinez.
(c) Mr. Henshaw.
(d) Miss Neely.
9. Leigh says in his January 30 diary entry that he looked in his book of highway maps and figured out that his dad should be where now?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. What does “CB” stand for in “CB radio”?
(a) Contract Basis.
(b) Control Basis.
(c) Compact Band.
(d) Citizens’ Band.
11. Leigh writes in his February 6 diary entry that he tried to start a story for Young Writers but only got as far as the title, which was what?
(a) “Ways to Amuse a Dog.”
(b) “Ways to Catch a Lunch Bag Thief.”
(c) “The Ten-Foot Tall Wax Man.”
(d) “Ralph the Mouse and the Mouse Caper.”
12. What does Leigh say he and his mom went to eat after crying in his February 5 diary entry?
(a) Ice cream cones.
(d) Fried chicken.
13. Where does Barry say he’d like to install an alarm after Leigh’s lunchbox success?
(a) On his diary.
(b) On his lunchbox.
(c) On his bedroom door.
(d) On his bike.
14. How much money does Leigh say was included in his letter from his dad in his February 9 diary entry?
15. Leigh says in his diary entry from January 20 that he wishes he had a grandfather like whom?
(a) Mr. Fridley.
(b) Mr. Jameson.
(d) Mr. Henshaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his January 15 letter to Mr. Henshaw, Leigh writes that he finished Beggar Bears in how much time?
2. What does Leigh say his dad wrote a note to him on in his February 9 diary entry?
3. Where is the story Beggar Bears set?
4. On March 15, Leigh writes in his diary that he never found out what?
5. What is the name of the man who works at the gas station by Leigh’s house?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)