|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 17 – March 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leigh writes to Mr. Henshaw on September 20 with ten questions. What is his first question for the author?
(a) “What is your real name?”
(b) “How many books have you written?”
(c) “Have you ever been turned down?”
(d) “Have you won any awards?”
2. Where does Leigh’s dad say the sugar refinery is closing when he calls on March 17?
(a) Los Alamos.
(c) San Jose.
3. What is Leigh’s middle name?
4. Leigh writes on March 26 that his prose piece won an honorable mention in the Young Writers’ Yearbook. What is the name of Leigh’s submission?
(a) “Ten Ways to Amuse a Dog.”
(b) “The Great Lunch Bag Mystery.”
(c) “A Day on Dad’s Rig.”
(d) “The Ten-Foot Wax Man.”
5. How many pounds of moose meat does the boy’s family have in their freezer in Moose on Toast?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 300 pounnds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leigh say he’s gotten a postcard from Mr. Henshaw in his December 12 letter?
2. Why does the famous author tell Leigh she liked his book especially in Leigh’s March 30 diary entry?
3. Leigh says in his December 4 letter to Mr. Henshaw, “When you answered my questions, you said the way to get to be an author was to” what?
4. What is the ninth question from Mr. Henshaw that Leigh answers in his letter from December 1?
5. What does Leigh say his dad wrote a note to him on in his February 9 diary entry?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)