|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leigh writes in his February 7 diary entry that he went to a grove where what kind of butterflies gather?
(a) Batesian butterflies.
(b) Monarch butterflies.
(c) Julia butterflies.
(d) Buckeye butterflies.
2. What class does Leigh say he left to go to the bathroom because he was so mad about his lunch in his February 6 diary entry?
(a) Math class.
(b) Science class.
(c) Spelling class.
3. What does Leigh say he and his mom went to eat after crying in his February 5 diary entry?
(a) Ice cream cones.
(c) Fried chicken.
4. In his January 31 diary entry, Leigh writes “I am mad at Mom for” what?
(a) “Forgetting to call me.”
(b) “Divorcing Dad.”
(c) “Making me go to school.”
(d) “Making me write this.”
5. In his March 1 diary entry, Leigh writes that he had to buy a new notebook for his diary for what reason?
(a) He spilled juice on the first one.
(b) He dropped the old one in the toilet.
(c) He burned the first one.
(d) He filled up the first one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh says in his November 15 letter that the back cover of one of Mr. Henshaw’s books, it states that he lives where?
2. How does Leigh say he felt about Mr. Henshaw’s list of questions in his November 15 letter?
3. What does Leigh say his dad wrote a note to him on in his February 9 diary entry?
4. How does Leigh address his diary entries for most of the novel?
5. The butterflies that Leigh describes in his February 7 diary entry remind him of what story his mom read to him when he was younger?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)