|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Leigh’s November 13 letter refers to a three-dimensional model?
2. Leigh says in his February 8 diary entry that he’s started on a new story for the Young Writers’ Yearbook. What is the title of Leigh’s new story?
(a) “The Lone Shoe on the Highway.”
(b) “The Ten-Foot Wax Man.”
(c) “The Great Lunch Bag Mystery.”
(d) “The Cat from Muskogee.”
3. Where did Leigh live with his parents prior to their divorce?
(b) San Jose.
(c) Los Angeles.
4. In the story about a dog that Leigh describes in his second letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 3, he says that Joe’s dad told him he had to think of how many ways to entertain a dog?
5. How are Leigh’s diary entries differentiated from his letters to Mr. Henshaw in the novel?
(a) He addresses his diary entries “Dear Diary” and his letters “Dear Mr. Henshaw.”
(b) He writes the day of the week as well as the date on the diary entries.
(c) He signs his diary entries from “Leigh” and his letters from “Leigh Botts.”
(d) He writes the day of the week as well as the date on his letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh writes in his March 3 diary entry that he bought what at the hardware store today?
2. What is Leigh’s first response to Mr. Henshaw’s question “What do you wish?” in his December 1 letter?
3. What surprised Leigh about the book Beggar Bears, according to his letter on January 15?
4. Leigh says in his November 15 letter that he hadn’t realized Mr. Henshaw had moved where, although he could have guessed from Moose on Toast?
5. What does Leigh say is on the middle of the California flag in his December 12 letter to Mr. Henshaw?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)