|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leigh say stands by the garbage cans in the lunchroom to make sure kids don’t throw their retainers away in his diary entry from January 8?
(a) Miss Martinez.
(b) Mr. Fridley.
(c) Miss Neely.
(d) Miss Bassett.
2. Leigh says he hates living where in his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2?
(a) Near the ocean.
(b) In a small town.
(c) By the railroad tracks.
(d) In a mobile home park.
3. What new vocabulary word does Leigh use to mean “to print” in his letter to Mr. Henshaw on January 19?
4. Leigh says in his February 8 diary entry that he’s started on a new story for the Young Writers’ Yearbook. What is the title of Leigh’s new story?
(a) “The Cat from Muskogee.”
(b) “The Lone Shoe on the Highway.”
(c) “The Ten-Foot Wax Man.”
(d) “The Great Lunch Bag Mystery.”
5. Leigh says in his December 4 letter that he wishes his dad still hauled sugar beets for the refinery where?
(a) San Jose.
(d) Los Rios.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh says in his December 4 letter to Mr. Henshaw that maybe when he writes a book he’ll call it what?
2. Leigh writes in his February 6 diary entry that he tried to start a story for Young Writers but only got as far as the title, which was what?
3. What is the ninth question from Mr. Henshaw that Leigh answers in his letter from December 1?
4. What does Leigh say his teacher has said there should be when a different person speaks in his December 12 letter?
5. Where does Leigh say he’s gotten a postcard from Mr. Henshaw in his December 12 letter?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)