|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leigh’s father’s name?
(a) James Botts.
(b) Bill Botts.
(c) Peter Botts.
(d) Walter Botts.
2. In his third diary entry on December 24, Leigh writes that his dad had once remarked that when he was driving he often saw a lone shoe on the highway, so Leigh and his parents spent that Christmas Eve thinking up songs about shoes. What was Leigh’s song?
(a) “Driving with a heavy load / I saw a shoe upon the road / Squashed like a toad.”
(b) “A dirty shoe / Makes me so blue / I’m lost at sea / Where shall I be.”
(c) “I saw a shoe / Wet with dew / Oh Highway 2 / It made me blue / What’ll I do?”
(d) “A lonesome hiker was unluckee / To lose his boot near Truckee / He hitched a ride with one foot dam / Down the road to Angels Camp.”
3. What does Leigh say about Barry’s sandwiches in his March 5 diary entry?
(a) They are always ham.
(b) They are always cut in half.
(c) They are never cut in half.
(d) They are always peanut butter.
4. What does Leigh say he’s decided to save the money his dad sent him for in his February 9 diary entry?
(a) Music lessons.
(b) Writing classes.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A new dog.
5. In his December 12 letter, Leigh writes, “Mr. Fridley said maybe I should come to school a few minutes early every morning to help him with the flags, but please stop” doing what because it makes him nervous?
(a) “Walking backwards.”
(b) “Running across the road.”
(c) “Standing on your head.”
(d) “Walking in circles.”
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leigh sign his name in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw on May 12?
2. Who does Leigh say he and his mom used to scoop up the mashed potatoes and gravy with their dinner in his February 5 diary entry?
3. What does Leigh say was stolen from his lunch bag at school in his first diary entry from December 22?
4. Leigh says in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw that his teacher read Mr. Henshaw’s book about what on May 12?
5. What does Leigh say he and his mom went to eat after crying in his February 5 diary entry?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)