|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Leigh’s dog in Dear Mr. Henshaw?
2. Who saves the young bears in winter in the story Beggar Bears?
(a) An old man with a cane.
(b) An author living in the woods.
(c) A policeman and his daughter.
(d) A park ranger and his son.
3. In his third letter to Mr. Henshaw, dated November 13, Leigh says he’s now in what grade?
(a) Third grade.
(b) Second grade.
(c) Fourth grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
4. On March 15, Leigh writes in his diary that he never found out what?
(a) Who called on Saturday night.
(b) Who Mr. Henshaw is married to.
(c) Who was stealing his lunch.
(d) Who won the writing contest.
5. What does Barry never use when he constructs his models?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leigh say he can’t complain to the teacher about someone stealing from his lunch bag in his first diary entry from December 22?
2. What does Leigh recall his dad saying society was ruining in his diary entry from February 2?
3. Leigh writes in his diary on March 15 that this week several kids showed up with what?
4. Leigh says in his November 15 letter that the back cover of one of Mr. Henshaw’s books, it states that he lives where?
5. Leigh says he’s thinking of writing a poem about what for the Young Writers’ Yearbook in his March 1 diary entry?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)