|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leigh says in his January 12 letter to Mr. Henshaw that he is on what page of Beggar Bears?
2. What surprised Leigh about the book Beggar Bears, according to his letter on January 15?
(a) It was funnier than he expected it to be.
(b) It was a historical book and not very interesting.
(c) It wasn’t funny like Mr. Henshaw’s other books.
(d) It seemed like a “girl’s book” to him.
3. In his diary entry from January 20, Leigh writes that yesterday someone stole what from his lunch bag?
(a) A piece of wedding cake.
(b) Mini canapés.
(c) Deviled eggs.
(d) Chicken livers wrapped in bacon.
4. Who does Leigh say always looks worried when kids throw out their lunches except for the cookies in his March 15 diary entry?
(a) Mr. Fridley.
(b) Miss Martinez.
(c) Mr. Henshaw.
(d) Miss Neely.
5. In Mr. Henshaw’s response to Leigh that Leigh read aloud to his class, he said he didn’t have kids because he doesn’t raise what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the beat-up lunchbox that Leigh buys to take to school?
2. Leigh says in his February 5 diary entry that his mom told him growing up she’d look at the lights of Bakersfield and it seemed like where?
3. In his March 6 diary entry, Leigh describes Barry’s house as “a big old house-that is sort of cheerful and messy, with” what “all over the place”?
4. How much money does Leigh say was included in his letter from his dad in his February 9 diary entry?
5. What does Leigh describe overhearing the boy’s voice saying when he was on the phone with his dad in his diary entry from February 4?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)