|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leigh say invited Leigh and his mother to Christmas dinner in his December 25 diary entry?
(a) Miss Neely.
(b) Leigh’s dad.
(c) Mr. Henshaw.
2. Leigh tells Mr. Henshaw in his sixth letter, dated November 7, that he is now in what grade?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Third grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Second grade.
3. Leigh closes his November 16 letter with a postscript that says, “If my Dad was here, he would tell you to” do what?
(a) “Go climb a tree.”
(b) “Get lost.”
(c) “Write me a letter.”
(d) “Write a new book.”
4. In the story about a dog that Leigh describes in his second letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 3, he says that Joe’s dad told him he had to think of how many ways to entertain a dog?
5. What does Leigh say was stolen from his lunch bag at school in his first diary entry from December 22?
(a) Stuffed mushrooms.
(b) Wedding cake.
(c) A peanut butter sandwich.
(d) Deviled eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Leigh’s diary entries differentiated from his letters to Mr. Henshaw in the novel?
2. What color is the composition book that Leigh buys to use as a diary?
3. Leigh writes in his diary on February 2 that he is trapped in his room with what on his bed?
4. In his December 12 letter, Leigh writes, “Mr. Fridley said maybe I should come to school a few minutes early every morning to help him with the flags, but please stop” doing what because it makes him nervous?
5. By what name does Leigh say his dad goes by on the CB radio in his diary entry from February 2?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)