|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 12 – February 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Leigh use in his December 1 letter meaning a refrigerated trailer?
(c) “Ice truck.”
2. In his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2, Leigh asks why some of the grownups in Mr. Henshaw’s book didn’t do what?
(a) Take Joe’s dog to the vet.
(b) Offer to let Joe use their slide.
(c) Make Moose stew.
(d) Give Joe their dogs.
3. Leigh writes to Mr. Henshaw on September 20 with ten questions. What is his first question for the author?
(a) “Have you won any awards?”
(b) “What is your real name?”
(c) “Have you ever been turned down?”
(d) “How many books have you written?”
4. Leigh says he hates living where in his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2?
(a) In a mobile home park.
(b) In a small town.
(c) By the railroad tracks.
(d) Near the ocean.
5. What is the name of Leigh’s dog in Dear Mr. Henshaw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leigh’s mother’s name?
2. Leigh says in his February 5 diary entry that his mom and dad got married where?
3. Who does Leigh say invited Leigh and his mother to Christmas dinner in his December 25 diary entry?
4. What is the name of Leigh’s sixth grade teacher?
5. When does Leigh say he needs Mr. Henshaw’s answer to his ten questions by in order to complete his author report in his September 20 letter?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)