|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 12 – February 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Henshaw’s book in Moose on Toast set?
2. What is Leigh’s first response to Mr. Henshaw’s question “What do you wish?” in his December 1 letter?
(a) “I wish I had my dog Bandit by my side.”
(b) “I wish my mom and dad would get remarried.”
(c) “I wish somebody would stop stealing the good stuff out of my lunch bag.”
(d) “I wish my dad would drive home and pick me up for school in the mornings.”
3. Leigh says in his January 30 diary entry that he looked in his book of highway maps and figured out that his dad should be where now?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What is the name of Leigh’s dog in Dear Mr. Henshaw?
5. Leigh says to Mr. Henshaw in his November 7 letter that if his dad shot a moose, he’d feed the tough parts to whom?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mom.
(d) Miss Neely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leigh’s mother studying at the community college?
2. Leigh says in his November 13 letter to Mr. Henshaw that his teacher is making his class write to authors for what?
3. Who saves the young bears in winter in the story Beggar Bears?
4. Leigh writes to Mr. Henshaw on November 15 to say he was angry he didn’t receive Mr. Henshaw’s reply before his report was due, but he used information from where to complete it?
5. How does Leigh sign his name in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw on May 12?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)