|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 12 – February 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leigh say he is filled with due to his father’s failure to call him in his January 31 diary entry?
2. What does Leigh say his mom’s friends work on to sell for extra money when they visit in his diary entry from February 2?
(c) Baby booties.
3. Where did Leigh and his mother move after his parents’ divorce?
(a) El Paso.
(c) San Jose.
(d) Pacific Grove.
4. Leigh says in his February 5 diary entry that when he lived in the mobile home park the only places they ever went were what?
(a) “School and to the truck stop.”
(b) The Laundromat and the library.
(c) The bookstore and the grocery store.
(d) The grocery store and the butcher.
5. Who does Leigh say is his favorite character in Mr. Henshaw’s book that he’s read in his third letter, dated November 13?
(a) Joe Kelly.
(d) Joe’s Dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Leigh’s sixth grade teacher?
2. Leigh says in his December 4 letter to Mr. Henshaw, “When you answered my questions, you said the way to get to be an author was to” what?
3. In his third diary entry on December 24, Leigh writes that his dad had once remarked that when he was driving he often saw a lone shoe on the highway, so Leigh and his parents spent that Christmas Eve thinking up songs about shoes. What was the song Leigh’s dad made up?
4. How does Leigh sign his name in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw on May 12?
5. What word from Leigh’s November 13 letter refers to a three-dimensional model?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)