|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1 – January 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leigh says in his December 4 letter that he wishes his dad still hauled sugar beets for the refinery where?
(b) San Jose.
(d) Los Rios.
2. What is Leigh’s first response to Mr. Henshaw’s question “What do you wish?” in his December 1 letter?
(a) “I wish I had my dog Bandit by my side.”
(b) “I wish my mom and dad would get remarried.”
(c) “I wish my dad would drive home and pick me up for school in the mornings.”
(d) “I wish somebody would stop stealing the good stuff out of my lunch bag.”
3. How does Leigh sign his name in his second letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 3?
(a) “Leigh Botts (boy).”
(b) “Leigh (Lee) Botts.”
(c) “Leigh Marcus Botts.”
(d) “Your friend Leigh.”
4. What is the name of Leigh’s dog in Dear Mr. Henshaw?
5. Leigh says in his November 15 letter that the back cover of one of Mr. Henshaw’s books, it states that he lives where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh says in his November 13 letter to Mr. Henshaw that his teacher is making his class write to authors for what?
2. What is Leigh’s father’s name?
3. Leigh tells Mr. Henshaw in his December 13 letter that the first page of his diary looks the way he feels – which is what?
4. How does Leigh sign his name in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw on May 12?
5. What does Leigh say he noticed about the California flag when the custodian raised it that day in his December 12 letter?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)