|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1 – January 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Leigh’s November 13 letter refers to a three-dimensional model?
2. Leigh closes his September 20 letter to Mr. Henshaw with a limerick: “De Liver De Letter De Sooner De Better De Later De Letter De Madder” what?
(a) “I Seemer.”
(b) “I Getter.”
(c) “I Starter.”
(d) “I Liver.”
3. What is Leigh’s first response to Mr. Henshaw’s question “What do you wish?” in his December 1 letter?
(a) “I wish somebody would stop stealing the good stuff out of my lunch bag.”
(b) “I wish my dad would drive home and pick me up for school in the mornings.”
(c) “I wish my mom and dad would get remarried.”
(d) “I wish I had my dog Bandit by my side.”
4. What does Leigh say he noticed about the California flag when the custodian raised it that day in his December 12 letter?
(a) It was ripped on the side.
(b) It was upside down.
(c) It was dirty.
(d) It was sideways.
5. How does Leigh sign his name in his second letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 3?
(a) “Leigh Botts (boy).”
(b) “Your friend Leigh.”
(c) “Leigh Marcus Botts.”
(d) “Leigh (Lee) Botts.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leigh say was stolen from his lunch bag at school in his first diary entry from December 22?
2. What color is the composition book that Leigh buys to use as a diary?
3. Where does Leigh say his dad phoned him from in Oregon in his January 8 diary entry?
4. Where did Leigh and his mother move after his parents’ divorce?
5. Leigh closes his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2 with an enclosure, saying that his class is studying what?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)