|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1 – January 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Leigh live with his parents prior to their divorce?
(a) San Jose.
(b) Los Angeles.
2. Leigh tells Mr. Henshaw in his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2 that he wants to grow up to be what?
(a) “A doctor or a neuroscientist.”
(b) “A famous book writer with a beard like you.”
(c) “A schoolteacher with a yellow school bus.”
(d) “A scientist who travels in a van.”
3. What is the name of Leigh’s dog in Dear Mr. Henshaw?
4. Where does Leigh say his dad phoned him from in Oregon in his January 8 diary entry?
5. What does Leigh say he noticed about the California flag when the custodian raised it that day in his December 12 letter?
(a) It was ripped on the side.
(b) It was sideways.
(c) It was dirty.
(d) It was upside down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh says in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw that his teacher read Mr. Henshaw’s book about what on May 12?
2. Where is Mr. Henshaw’s book in Moose on Toast set?
3. What color is Leigh’s dog in Dear Mr. Henshaw?
4. How are Leigh’s diary entries differentiated from his letters to Mr. Henshaw in the novel?
5. How many pounds of moose meat does the boy’s family have in their freezer in Moose on Toast?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)