|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1 – January 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leigh say was stolen from his lunch bag at school in his first diary entry from December 22?
(a) Stuffed mushrooms.
(b) A peanut butter sandwich.
(c) Wedding cake.
(d) Deviled eggs.
2. Leigh says in his November 15 letter that the back cover of one of Mr. Henshaw’s books, it states that he lives where?
3. What does Leigh say he noticed about the California flag when the custodian raised it that day in his December 12 letter?
(a) It was dirty.
(b) It was sideways.
(c) It was ripped on the side.
(d) It was upside down.
4. How does Leigh describe most of the grownups by where he lives in his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2?
(a) “Real bad with names.”
(b) “Real old with cats.”
(c) “Really cranky and bitter.”
(d) “Real funny and wise.”
5. What is Leigh’s mother studying at the community college?
(b) Veterinary medicine.
(d) English literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh remarks in his letter on December 21 that he received Mr. Henshaw’s postcard with a picture of what on it?
2. What name does Leigh say he wrote on his lunch bag at school in his diary entry from January 3?
3. Leigh closes his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2 with an enclosure, saying that his class is studying what?
4. What is Leigh’s middle name?
5. How does Leigh sign his name in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw on May 12?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)