|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 17 – March 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leigh writes in his February 7 diary entry that he went to a grove where what kind of butterflies gather?
(a) Monarch butterflies.
(b) Batesian butterflies.
(c) Julia butterflies.
(d) Buckeye butterflies.
2. By what name does Leigh say his dad goes by on the CB radio in his diary entry from February 2?
(a) “Bill Bonito of Barsdale.”
(b) "Billy the Kid."
(c) “Wild Bill from Bakersfield.”
(d) “Billy Badger from Bentley.”
3. Why does Leigh say he can’t complain to the teacher about someone stealing from his lunch bag in his first diary entry from December 22?
(a) Because “the teacher doesn’t like me and wouldn’t believe me.”
(b) Because “my mom would ground me if she found out.”
(c) Because “it isn’t a good idea for a new boy in school to be a snitch.”
(d) Because “I’d be sent home.”
4. What does Leigh’s mom respond when Leigh explodes at dinner, saying, “Then why don’t you two get married again?”
(a) “Because I’m marrying someone else.”
(b) “Because your father will never grow up.”
(c) “Because I don’t love your father anymore.”
(d) “Because your father left me.”
5. What is the name of Leigh’s sixth grade teacher?
(a) Miss Neely.
(b) Miss Martinez.
(c) Miss Badger.
(d) Mr. Fridley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leigh’s mom respond when Leigh’s dad asks her at the end of the novel, “Is there any chance?”
2. What does Leigh describe on the sign where the butterflies gather in his February 7 diary entry?
3. Leigh closes his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2 with an enclosure, saying that his class is studying what?
4. Leigh writes in his diary on March 15 that this week several kids showed up with what?
5. What does Barry never use when he constructs his models?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)