|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 17 – March 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new vocabulary word does Leigh use to mean “to print” in his letter to Mr. Henshaw on January 19?
2. How does Leigh sign his name in his first letter to Mr. Henshaw on May 12?
(a) “Leigh (Lee) Botts.”
(b) “Leigh Botts (boy).”
(c) “Your friend Leigh.”
(d) “Leigh Marcus Botts.”
3. Leigh says in his December 4 letter to Mr. Henshaw, “When you answered my questions, you said the way to get to be an author was to” what?
4. What does Leigh say his dad wrote a note to him on in his February 9 diary entry?
(a) A napkin.
(b) A scrap of newspaper.
(c) The back of a bill.
(d) Fancy stationery.
5. What does Leigh’s mom respond when Leigh’s dad asks her at the end of the novel, “Is there any chance?”
(a) “No. There isn’t a chance.”
(b) “Maybe. We’ll see.”
(c) “I’m not sure anymore.”
(d) “Let’s go outside to discuss this.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leigh’s dad tell him after looking at the Yearbook that makes Leigh embarrassed?
2. What color is Leigh’s dog in Dear Mr. Henshaw?
3. Leigh says in his December 4 letter to Mr. Henshaw that maybe when he writes a book he’ll call it what?
4. Who does Leigh say asked him if he had written anything for the Young Writers’ Yearbook yesterday in his March 20 diary entry?
5. In his third diary entry on December 24, Leigh writes that his dad had once remarked that when he was driving he often saw a lone shoe on the highway, so Leigh and his parents spent that Christmas Eve thinking up songs about shoes. What was Leigh’s song?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)