|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1 – January 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leigh closes his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2 with an enclosure, saying that his class is studying what?
(a) Atomic science.
(b) Business letters.
(d) Nonfiction essays.
2. What does Leigh say his teacher has said there should be when a different person speaks in his December 12 letter?
(a) A new paragraph.
(b) A dash and ellipses.
(c) A question mark.
(d) A period.
3. Leigh tells Mr. Henshaw in his sixth letter, dated November 7, that he is now in what grade?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Second grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Third grade.
4. Leigh says in his December 4 letter to Mr. Henshaw, “When you answered my questions, you said the way to get to be an author was to” what?
5. In the story about a dog that Leigh describes in his second letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 3, he says that Joe’s dad told him he had to think of how many ways to entertain a dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leigh say invited Leigh and his mother to Christmas dinner in his December 25 diary entry?
2. Leigh says he hates living where in his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2?
3. Leigh tells Mr. Henshaw in his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2 that he wants to grow up to be what?
4. What color is Leigh’s dog in Dear Mr. Henshaw?
5. What word does Leigh use in his December 1 letter meaning a refrigerated trailer?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)