|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1 – January 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leigh writes in his diary entry for December 25 that who brought him his Christmas package from his father?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A trucker.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A doctor.
2. How many pounds of moose meat does the boy’s family have in their freezer in Moose on Toast?
(a) 300 pounnds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
3. What is the name of Leigh’s sixth grade teacher?
(a) Miss Neely.
(b) Mr. Fridley.
(c) Miss Badger.
(d) Miss Martinez.
4. Leigh says to Mr. Henshaw in his November 7 letter that if his dad shot a moose, he’d feed the tough parts to whom?
(b) His sister.
(c) His mom.
(d) Miss Neely.
5. How are Leigh’s diary entries differentiated from his letters to Mr. Henshaw in the novel?
(a) He writes the day of the week as well as the date on the diary entries.
(b) He signs his diary entries from “Leigh” and his letters from “Leigh Botts.”
(c) He addresses his diary entries “Dear Diary” and his letters “Dear Mr. Henshaw.”
(d) He writes the day of the week as well as the date on his letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his December 12 letter, Leigh writes, “Mr. Fridley said maybe I should come to school a few minutes early every morning to help him with the flags, but please stop” doing what because it makes him nervous?
2. Where did Leigh and his mother move after his parents’ divorce?
3. Leigh says he hates living where in his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2?
4. Leigh tells Mr. Henshaw in his December 13 letter that the first page of his diary looks the way he feels – which is what?
5. Leigh says in his November 13 letter to Mr. Henshaw that his teacher is making his class write to authors for what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)