|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 12 – February 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leigh say was stolen from his lunch bag at school in his first diary entry from December 22?
(a) Wedding cake.
(b) Stuffed mushrooms.
(c) A peanut butter sandwich.
(d) Deviled eggs.
2. In his third diary entry on December 24, Leigh writes that his dad had once remarked that when he was driving he often saw a lone shoe on the highway, so Leigh and his parents spent that Christmas Eve thinking up songs about shoes. What was Leigh’s song?
(a) “A lonesome hiker was unluckee / To lose his boot near Truckee / He hitched a ride with one foot dam / Down the road to Angels Camp.”
(b) “Driving with a heavy load / I saw a shoe upon the road / Squashed like a toad.”
(c) “A dirty shoe / Makes me so blue / I’m lost at sea / Where shall I be.”
(d) “I saw a shoe / Wet with dew / Oh Highway 2 / It made me blue / What’ll I do?”
3. Where is the story Beggar Bears set?
(a) Glacier National Park.
(b) Hot Springs National Park.
(c) Yellowstone National Park.
(d) Yosemite National Park.
4. What does Leigh say his teacher has said there should be when a different person speaks in his December 12 letter?
(a) A question mark.
(b) A dash and ellipses.
(c) A period.
(d) A new paragraph.
5. How does Leigh say his father ends their calls in his December 1 letter?
(a) “Well, keep your nose clean kid.”
(b) “Who’s my favorite kid? You are!”
(c) “Keep your eye on the ball, kid.”
(d) “I love you, son.”
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leigh say he felt about Mr. Henshaw’s list of questions in his November 15 letter?
2. What is Leigh’s mother’s name?
3. Who does Leigh say he and his mom used to scoop up the mashed potatoes and gravy with their dinner in his February 5 diary entry?
4. What is Leigh’s mother studying at the community college?
5. Where does Leigh say he’s gotten a postcard from Mr. Henshaw in his December 12 letter?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)