|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 12 – February 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Leigh use in his December 1 letter meaning a refrigerated trailer?
(b) “Ice truck.”
2. What does Leigh say his teacher has said there should be when a different person speaks in his December 12 letter?
(a) A new paragraph.
(b) A period.
(c) A dash and ellipses.
(d) A question mark.
3. In his third diary entry on December 24, Leigh writes that his dad had once remarked that when he was driving he often saw a lone shoe on the highway, so Leigh and his parents spent that Christmas Eve thinking up songs about shoes. What was Leigh’s song?
(a) “A lonesome hiker was unluckee / To lose his boot near Truckee / He hitched a ride with one foot dam / Down the road to Angels Camp.”
(b) “A dirty shoe / Makes me so blue / I’m lost at sea / Where shall I be.”
(c) “I saw a shoe / Wet with dew / Oh Highway 2 / It made me blue / What’ll I do?”
(d) “Driving with a heavy load / I saw a shoe upon the road / Squashed like a toad.”
4. How does Leigh say his father ends their calls in his December 1 letter?
(a) “I love you, son.”
(b) “Well, keep your nose clean kid.”
(c) “Who’s my favorite kid? You are!”
(d) “Keep your eye on the ball, kid.”
5. How many pounds of moose meat does the boy’s family have in their freezer in Moose on Toast?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 300 pounnds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Leigh about the book Beggar Bears, according to his letter on January 15?
2. What does Leigh say he is filled with due to his father’s failure to call him in his January 31 diary entry?
3. How does the mother bear die in Beggar Bears?
4. Leigh closes his fifth letter to Mr. Henshaw on December 2 with an enclosure, saying that his class is studying what?
5. In his diary entry from January 20, Leigh writes that yesterday someone stole what from his lunch bag?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)