|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new vocabulary word does Leigh use to mean “to print” in his letter to Mr. Henshaw on January 19?
2. What is the name of the man who works at the gas station by Leigh’s house?
3. Where was Leigh’s dad traveling when he lost Leigh’s dog?
(a) Highway 80.
(b) Interstate 5.
(c) Highway 154.
(d) Highway 66.
4. In his December 12 letter, Leigh writes, “Mr. Fridley said maybe I should come to school a few minutes early every morning to help him with the flags, but please stop” doing what because it makes him nervous?
(a) “Running across the road.”
(b) “Walking in circles.”
(c) “Walking backwards.”
(d) “Standing on your head.”
5. What new word in Leigh’s vocabulary does he use in his December 12 letter to refer to any of various lines or tackles for hoisting a flag?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his diary entry from January 20, Leigh writes that yesterday someone stole what from his lunch bag?
2. Leigh writes in his February 1 diary entry that there was bad news in the newspaper. What is the bad news?
3. Why do Barry and Leigh end up not making an alarm when Leigh first comes over to Barry’s house?
4. What does Leigh say is on the middle of the California flag in his December 12 letter to Mr. Henshaw?
5. Leigh writes in his diary on March 15 that this week several kids showed up with what?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)