|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his February 9 diary entry, Leigh says that he got a letter from his dad postmarked from where?
(a) Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(b) Vail, Colorado.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Austin, Texas.
2. Where did Leigh and his mother move after his parents’ divorce?
(b) San Jose.
(c) Pacific Grove.
(d) El Paso.
3. Leigh says in his December 1 letter to Mr. Henshaw that no one is supposed to be on his school grounds until what time?
(a) 15 minutes before the bell rings.
(b) 10 minutes before the bell rings.
(c) 5 minutes before the bell rings.
(d) 20 minutes before the bell rings.
4. How does Leigh address his diary entries for most of the novel?
(a) “Dear Diary.”
(b) “Dear Journal of Leigh Botts.”
(c) “Dear Unnamed Notebook.”
(d) “Dear Mr. Pretend Henshaw.”
5. How much money does Leigh say was included in his letter from his dad in his February 9 diary entry?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter to Mr. Henshaw on February 15, Leigh writes to ask for help with what?
2. What does the sign on Leigh’s door say?
3. By what name does Leigh say his dad goes by on the CB radio in his diary entry from February 2?
4. Leigh says in his January 12 letter to Mr. Henshaw that he is on what page of Beggar Bears?
5. What is the name of the school custodian that Leigh likes?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)