|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 6 – March 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter to Mr. Henshaw on January 12, Leigh writes that his mother won’t do what because she wants Leigh’s “brain to stay in good shape”?
(a) Let him eat candy after dinnertime.
(b) Have the TV repaired.
(c) Let him visit with his friends after school.
(d) Let him stay home from school.
2. Who does Leigh say always looks worried when kids throw out their lunches except for the cookies in his March 15 diary entry?
(a) Mr. Fridley.
(b) Miss Martinez.
(c) Miss Neely.
(d) Mr. Henshaw.
3. Leigh writes in his diary entry for December 25 that he received what gift from his father for Christmas?
(a) A quilted down jacket.
(b) A notebook and pencils.
(c) A radio-controlled car.
(d) A BB gun.
4. Leigh says he’s thinking of writing a poem about what for the Young Writers’ Yearbook in his March 1 diary entry?
(b) Mr. Henshaw.
(d) Truck driving.
5. What does the sign on Leigh’s door say?
(a) “Keep Out Mom That Means You.”
(b) “No Phone Calls Please.”
(c) “I’m Busy. Please Check Back.”
(d) “Keep Out By Order of the Police.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh says in his December 4 letter to Mr. Henshaw that maybe when he writes a book he’ll call it what?
2. Leigh says in his January 30 diary entry that he looked in his book of highway maps and figured out that his dad should be where now?
3. In his February 28 letter to Mr. Henshaw, Leigh writes, “I think you are right. Maybe I am not ready to” what?
4. What is the ninth question from Mr. Henshaw that Leigh answers in his letter from December 1?
5. Who does Leigh say stands by the garbage cans in the lunchroom to make sure kids don’t throw their retainers away in his diary entry from January 8?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)