|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the teacher who taught the Algebra I Challenge Math class before she went on maternity leave?
2. How old did Quan think the boy was that he saw at the police station in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 4, how old was Quan when he was arrested for the first time?
4. in 2013, what suburb of Atlanta did Aunt Tiffany and her family live in?
5. In Chapter 5, where did Trey wait for Quan after they met?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 2010, why did Quan leave the house rather than trying to protect his mother from her abusive boyfriend?
2. What incident does Quan remember that made him realize he had no control after his father's arrest?
3. How did Quan try to keep it together after his father was arrested?
4. Why was Quan arrested for the first time in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Quan thank Justyce for sending him?
6. What happened when Quan needed a break from the tension at his house in Chapter 3?
7. What does Quan remember in Chapter 2 about stealing a cell phone?
8. What was Quan's favorite spot at the Wynwood Heights Park in 2010?
9. in 2013, what does Trish wear to a lunch with Tiff and why?
10. What does Quan remember in Chapter 1 that he was doing when his father was arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justyce and Quan meet on a playground. What do Justyce and Quan have in common? Why do they become friends?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Quan begin thinking about destiny after reading the book Native Son? What questions does he have about destiny and choices? What does he wonder about his life and destiny?
Essay Topic 3
Quan does not communicate with his father after his arrest. What type of relationship did Quan and his father have before Vernell was arrested? Why did their relationship deteriorate and they did not communicate? How did they begin communicating again? How does the relationship change in the book?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)