|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it matter what Ijeawele says to her child in Suggestion 6?
(a) What Ijeawele say teaches Chizalum what she needs to value.
(b) Chizalum will learn what is most important.
(c) Chizalum will use those same words later.
(d) What Ijeawele say tells her what is good or bad.
2. If a husband is not a headmaster according to Adichie, what is a wife not?
(a) A mother.
(b) A student.
(c) A maid.
(d) A schoolgirl.
3. What does Adichie recommend in Suggestion 6 for Ijeawele to do in order to teach Chizalum about language?
(a) Chizalum will have to study language and each word's various meanings.
(b) Chizalum will have to listen to others' language more than her own.
(c) Chizalum will need to question her own language first.
(d) Chizalum will have to learn both her native language and English.
4. What should Ijeawele do if Chizalum will not read, according to Adichie?
(a) Ground her.
(b) Take away her toys.
(c) Pay her.
(d) Give her candy.
5. What is this book a version of?
(a) The book is a version of a historically-based document.
(b) The book is a narrative.
(c) The book is a version of a movie.
(d) The book is a version of Adichie's letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main point of Suggestion 9?
2. What does Adichie suggest Ijeawele do in the coming weeks of motherhood for Suggestion 1?
3. What part of African culture does Adichie believe needs to be taught as mentioned in Suggestion 9?
4. Why do girls remain silenced when abused, as mentioned in Suggestion 8?
5. What charge does Adichie take seriously according to her Letter?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)