|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated in the Introduction, how long ago did the author, Adichie, receive a request her for advice?
(a) 5 years ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
2. What is the first descriptor found on Bill Clinton's Twitter account?
3. What is the one activity that Ijeawele's husband, Chudi, cannot participate in while raising their child?
(a) Chudi cannot help clean the house.
(b) Chudi cannot coddle the baby when she cries.
(c) Chudi cannot cook the meals.
(d) Chudi cannot breastfeed.
4. In Suggestion 8, what is it that we, our society, teach girls?
(a) Society teaches girls to be likeable, to be honest, and to be kind.
(b) Society teaches girls to be shy, to be good listeners, and to be uplifting wives.
(c) Society teaches girls to be strong, smart, and outgoing.
(d) Society teaches girls to be likeable, to be nice, and to be false.
5. How does Adichie define the first premise of feminism at the start of her Letter?
(a) The solid feeling that women need equality.
(b) The solid independent belief that needs a particular calling.
(c) The solid unbending belief that you start off with.
(d) The solid bending belief that is malleable and important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of books will Chizalum read in school, so Adichie asks Ijeawele to think beyond school in Suggestion 5?
2. What was Adichie's Igbo nickname growing up?
3. At the end of Suggestion 5, what does the author state as a "worthy investment"?
4. What is one argument that Adichie makes about the difficulty for women to have to change their names after marriage?
5. What argument is made about cooking in Suggestion 3?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)