|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the teacher that likes to preserve artistic concentration?
2. What is the name of Camelia's best friend?
3. Ben talks about his love for which martial art?
4. What does Ben see in Camelia?
5. What does the mystery writer chant to himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the interaction between Camelia and Ben.
2. Discuss the beginning of school and Camelia's frame of mind.
3. What does Matt tell Camelia about Ben?
4. What is Camelia's part time job? What interaction takes place between Camelia and her boss?
5. What is Ben's unusual gift?
6. Why does Camelia lie and go to see Kimmie?
7. What does Wes say about the new boy in school?
8. Discuss the mystery writer's next entry.
9. Discuss the second chapter and the unknown writer.
10. What are the writer's current thoughts about Camelia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Camelia has a good relationship with her parents. Discuss Camelia's parents, their relationship with each other and their relationship with Camelia. Is there trust between parents and child? How open is Camelia with her parents? Why does Camelia withhold information about the stalker from her parents? What would you do in this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Camelia and Kimmie. What is the common ground for friendship? How does their relationship evolve? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? How does Kimmie support Camelia during the difficult times? How might you react in Kimmie's place?
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail the scenario in which Camelia is kidnapped. How does it occur? What ruse is used? Does Camelia fight back? What happens next? How does Camelia manage to escape? What might have happened if Ben hadn't been there?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)