|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The date is scheduled for which time?
2. What food do they eat?
3. Where do Ben and Camelia meet?
4. What does Camelia find when she gets home?
5. Ben talks about the difficulties of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ben plan to start over with Camelia?
2. Discuss the interaction between Camelia and Ben.
3. What is the journalist's confession?
4. Discuss the picnic planned by Ben.
5. What is Camelia's part time job? What interaction takes place between Camelia and her boss?
6. Discuss the mystery writer's next entry.
7. Discuss the beginning of school and Camelia's frame of mind.
8. What incident occurs on the last day of school?
9. What incident happens at Ben's locker? What is done about it? What is Kimmie's opinion?
10. Discuss the matching of Camelia and Ben as lab partners.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Camelia and Kimmie. What is the common ground for friendship? How does their relationship evolve? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? How does Kimmie support Camelia during the difficult times? How might you react in Kimmie's place?
Essay Topic 2
Popularity is a big issue for Ben. Ben never seems to fit in no matter where she goes. Ben always feels different. Discuss Ben's lack of popularity. Compare it to Camelia's outstanding popularity and the reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Camelia and Kimmie, including their personalities, goals, and family situations.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)