|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is used in the first chemistry lab?
2. What does the mystery writer chant to himself?
3. The date is scheduled for which time?
4. Wes asks if the lingerie was _____.
5. What drink did Camelia spill on the dead frog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the interchange between Ben and Camelia at Camelia's house.
2. Where does Ben go to meet with Camelia?
3. What does Matt tell Camelia about Ben?
4. Discuss the meeting between Camelia and Matt.
5. Discuss the scene in which Camelia approaches Ben for the first time.
6. Discuss the picnic planned by Ben.
7. What is the latest news about Ben and Debbie?
8. Discuss the matching of Camelia and Ben as lab partners.
9. What incident happens at Ben's locker? What is done about it? What is Kimmie's opinion?
10. What are the writer's current thoughts about Camelia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pottery is a big part of Camelia's life. Camelia loves her job at Knead and the chance to work with various types of clay and sculpture. Discuss sculpture as it is represented in the story. Which is Camelia's favorite? Discuss Spencer's influence, work, and skills and how they help to mold Camelia's work.
Essay Topic 2
Growing up is an extremely difficult thing to do, particularly when one's beliefs do not match those of parents, friends and family. Ben has a difficult time during his teen years because of his gift and various conflicts. Examine Ben's youth and the difficulties he had to face while growing up. Compare and contrast Ben's difficulties with any that you might face in your personal life.
Essay Topic 3
Camelia's aunt is put into a mental hospital after attempting to commit suicide again. Discuss the situation. Why does Alexia try to kill herself? What is the reaction of the family? Who is to blame? Who has accused Alexia of ruining her life? Do you think Alexia is at fault? Explain.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)