|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ben talks about the difficulties of _____.
2. What does Camelia's mother use to make juice?
3. What is the name of Ben's friend that died?
4. Where does Ben often spy on Camelia?
5. Ben is ____ minutes late for chemistry class.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the interchange between Ben and Camelia at Camelia's house.
2. Discuss the beginning of school and Camelia's frame of mind.
3. Discuss the mystery phone call and gift left for Camelia.
4. What is the latest news about Ben and Debbie?
5. Discuss the second chapter and the unknown writer.
6. What is the journalist's confession?
7. Discuss the matching of Camelia and Ben as lab partners.
8. What is the writer's point of view at this stage?
9. What is Ben's story regarding his old girlfriend?
10. Discuss the meeting between Camelia and Matt.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Being ostracized by one's peers is a big issue, particularly in the last part of the book. Discuss in detail how this behavior affects the characters. How is Camelia most affected? How is Ben affected? Why does Ben warn Camelia about committing social suicide? Also discuss how this type of behavior has affected your school and your personal life. Offer solutions.
Essay Topic 2
Camelia's aunt is put into a mental hospital after attempting to commit suicide again. Discuss the situation. Why does Alexia try to kill herself? What is the reaction of the family? Who is to blame? Who has accused Alexia of ruining her life? Do you think Alexia is at fault? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Camelia and Kimmie. What is the common ground for friendship? How does their relationship evolve? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? How does Kimmie support Camelia during the difficult times? How might you react in Kimmie's place?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)