|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ben decide he will wait to tell anyone about his situation?
(a) Until after football season is over.
(b) After Christmas.
(c) After the New Year.
(d) After his birthday in March.
2. Who else besides Lambeer tries to change Ben's mind?
(a) His father.
(b) The librarian.
(c) His brother.
(d) The principal.
3. What is Dallas doing when Ben goes to her house?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Practicing her cello.
(c) Making spaghetti for Joe Henry.
4. What does Ben tell Hey-Soos about how he is feeling physically?
(a) He feels very bad and thinks his time is close.
(b) He is noticing small pains in his arms.
(c) He is feeling pretty healthy so far.
(d) He is feeling more tired than usual.
5. What does Ben find about football in early November?
(a) It isn't as easy as it was a month before.
(b) It causes a lot of pain.
(c) It is very violent.
(d) It is not a sport he likes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry?
2. Who are two people Ben decides to definitely tell?
3. Of what does Hey-Soos remind Ben?
4. What does Lambeer not realize about Ben?
5. What does Ben regret on Christmas Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Ben's attitude, why and what does he begin to do because of it?
2. Why does Ben go to see Rudy at three in the morning, and what does he find there?
3. What does Ben tell Lambeer when the teacher asks him if he is going to change his project?
4. What does Ben ask Coach about his book report, how does one of the students respond and what does Coach do to demonstrate democracy to the class?
5. What does Cody say to Ben after he tells him of his illness?
6. How does Ben tell Dallas his secret, and what is her reaction?
7. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry and what does Dallas ask Ben? What is Ben's response?
8. What does Ben do for Rudy the next time he sees Rudy after hearing the man's confession, what does Rudy say to Ben about his confession and what is Ben's response?
9. What does Mr. Lambeer tell Ben about the school bond levy, what is Ben's response and what does Mr. Lambeer then do with Ben?
10. Who is the first person Ben tells about his illness, what does he say to him and what is his response?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)