|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben's new therapist threaten to do?
(a) Have Dr. Wagner investigated.
(b) Turn Ben in for refusing treatment.
(c) Have Ben's parents arrested.
(d) Tell Ben's parents.
2. Why is Ben sent to the library for the rest of his class with Mr. Lambeer?
(a) Ben is unwilling to listen to Lambeer's harassment.
(b) Lambeer becomes irate in front of the students.
(c) Ben talks back to Lambeer.
(d) The principal thinks it's for the best.
3. Why does Ben say he will continue to visit Rudy?
(a) He hopes Rudy will change.
(b) Ben knows he is safe since Rudy was honest with Ben.
(c) He thinks Rudy is a good person.
(d) He likes talking to Rudy.
4. What does coach think about Cody?
(a) He is an excellent half-back.
(b) He will be taken off as quarterback.
(c) He should be a kicker.
(d) It will probably get a scholarship to college.
5. Why does Ben decide not to tell Cody about his illness?
(a) Because Cody might decide not to go off to college.
(b) Because Ben is still hoping for a miracle.
(c) Because it's Christmas Eve.
(d) Because Ben believes Cody would be angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben think one universal thing is?
2. What does Ben find when he visits Rudy?
3. What is Cody doing on Christmas Eve?
4. What does Ben tell Rudy Ben appreciates?
5. What does the coach do to prove a point about democracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry and what does Dallas ask Ben? What is Ben's response?
2. What has changed in November for Ben with football, how is the team doing and what does Coach think about Cody? How does he feel about Ben and the team?
3. How is Ben feeling about Hey-Soos at the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Ben feel that way and what does Hey-Soos advise?
4. What does Mr. Lambeer tell Ben about the school bond levy, what is Ben's response and what does Mr. Lambeer then do with Ben?
5. How does Ben feel about his secret on Christmas Eve, what does Hey-Soos tell him and what does Ben decide to do?
6. What does Ben's family do for Thanksgiving?
7. What team beats Ben's football team in late November, and why might they have been beaten?
8. What does Rudy tell Ben is the reason he is an alcoholic?
9. How does Ben tell Dallas his secret, and what is her reaction?
10. What does Ben tell Lambeer when the teacher asks him if he is going to change his project?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)