|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coach say about the Malcolm X project?
(b) Coach admires Ben for sticking to his beliefs.
(c) Coach does not understand why Ben is being so stubborn.
(d) Coach wishes Ben would confine it to the English class.
2. What does Lambeer not realize about Ben?
(a) Ben is not doing this for attention.
(b) Ben knows more history than Lambeer.
(c) Ben is a very stubborn person.
(d) Ben does not care about a diploma.
3. How does the coach feel about school work?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He thinks football is more important.
(c) He pushes his players to do well.
(d) He thinks it is more important than football.
4. What does Ben find about football in early November?
(a) It is not a sport he likes.
(b) It is very violent.
(c) It isn't as easy as it was a month before.
(d) It causes a lot of pain.
5. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry?
(a) Joe Henry is her son, not her brother.
(b) Joe Henry is her cousin.
(c) Joe Henry is sick.
(d) Joe Henry is a genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Ben ask Coach?
2. What does Coach say about the question Ben asks?
3. Who else besides Lambeer tries to change Ben's mind?
4. What is the very talented football team they play in Chapter 13?
5. What examples does Ben use of prejudice and racism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rudy's note to Ben say and what is Ben's response?
2. What team beats Ben's football team in late November, and why might they have been beaten?
3. What does Ben do for Rudy the next time he sees Rudy after hearing the man's confession, what does Rudy say to Ben about his confession and what is Ben's response?
4. How is Ben feeling about Hey-Soos at the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Ben feel that way and what does Hey-Soos advise?
5. What does Mr. Lambeer tell Ben about the school bond levy, what is Ben's response and what does Mr. Lambeer then do with Ben?
6. What does Lambeer tell Ben about Ben's project and what is Ben's response?
7. What does Ben's family do for Thanksgiving?
8. What does Ben tell Lambeer when the teacher asks him if he is going to change his project?
9. Where does Ben go after school almost everyday and what does he do there? How does Dallas feel about what he says about Joe Henry?
10. How does Ben feel about his secret on Christmas Eve, what does Hey-Soos tell him and what does Ben decide to do?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)