|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ben share his secret with Coach?
(b) December 25.
(c) January 22.
(d) January 2.
2. What is Dallas doing when Ben goes to her house?
(a) Practicing her cello.
(b) Making spaghetti for Joe Henry.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
3. How does Coach offer to help Ben?
(a) To take Ben to see some specialists.
(b) To keep the information from Cody.
(c) To help the people Ben loves.
(d) To help Ben play football one year in college.
4. What does Ben take Rudy?
(a) A poem about recovery.
(b) More supplements.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A bottle of wine.
5. What does Ben realize he does not want?
(a) His brother to be heartbroken.
(b) Everyone crying over his death.
(c) Life to end suddenly.
(d) His mother to know about his illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coach say about the Malcolm X project?
2. What does Ben decide about companionship when he is talking to Hey-Soos?
3. What does Ben's new therapist threaten to do?
4. What does Dallas ask Ben about him and her?
5. What does Ben find about football in early November?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lambeer tell Ben about Ben's project and what is Ben's response?
2. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry and what does Dallas ask Ben? What is Ben's response?
3. What does Cody say to Ben after he tells him of his illness?
4. What happens in Ben's first confrontation with Rudy's drinking?
5. What does Ben tell Lambeer when the teacher asks him if he is going to change his project?
6. How does Ben tell Dallas his secret, and what is her reaction?
7. Who is the first person Ben tells about his illness, what does he say to him and what is his response?
8. What is happening to Ben's attitude, why and what does he begin to do because of it?
9. What team beats Ben's football team in late November, and why might they have been beaten?
10. What does Ben do for Rudy the next time he sees Rudy after hearing the man's confession, what does Rudy say to Ben about his confession and what is Ben's response?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)