|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Ben give for not telling Coach sooner?
(a) Coach might have accidentally told Cody.
(b) Ben was not sure if he could trust Coach.
(c) Ben would not have been allowed to play football.
(d) His relationship to Coach might have changed.
2. What does Ben do when he finds Rudy completely drunk?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Drags him to a detox center.
(c) Breaks all the bottles in Rudy's room.
(d) Walks out vowing to never return.
3. Why does Dallas kick Ben out of the house?
(a) For talking in front of Joe Henry.
(b) For keeping the secret from her all these months.
(c) She does not kick him out.
(d) For refusing to go to a specialist.
4. What factor does Mr. Lambeer mention to tell Ben he can't do his project?
(a) The process for renaming a street is not open to non-tax payers.
(b) The requirement for more current historical events.
(c) The bond levy.
(d) He does not mention a factor.
5. One does Sooner do to make the game more difficult?
(a) Trips one of their best players.
(b) Flirts with their cheerleaders.
(c) Insults one of the captains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben's new therapist threaten to do?
2. What does Ben ask in Coach's class?
3. Why does Dallas back up Ben in Lambeer's class?
4. What did Rudy think Ben was going to do earlier?
5. What does Ben decide about companionship when he is talking to Hey-Soos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ben and Hey-Soos talk about in their first conversation after the Coach's demonstration?
2. What does Ben do about his therapist's assignment?
3. What does Rudy's note to Ben say and what is Ben's response?
4. What does Mr. Lambeer tell Ben about the school bond levy, what is Ben's response and what does Mr. Lambeer then do with Ben?
5. What is happening to Ben's attitude, why and what does he begin to do because of it?
6. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry and what does Dallas ask Ben? What is Ben's response?
7. What does Ben's family do for Thanksgiving?
8. Where does Ben go after school almost everyday and what does he do there? How does Dallas feel about what he says about Joe Henry?
9. What happens in Ben's first confrontation with Rudy's drinking?
10. What does Rudy tell Ben is the reason he is an alcoholic?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)