|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylvia say about "The Autobiography of Malcolm X"?
(a) She thinks the whole class should study it.
(b) She doesn't think anyone should be allowed to read it.
(c) She has never heard of the book.
(d) She loves the book and has her own copy.
2. What does Lambeer tell Ben could happen if he fails Lambeer's class?
(a) He might not graduate.
(b) He will be kicked off the football team.
(c) He will have to go to summer school.
(d) He will not get into the best college.
3. What kind of list does Ben make?
(a) Of the names he would give his children if he lives.
(b) Of things he wants to do before he dies.
(c) Of all the reasons he feels blessed.
(d) Of the ways he can help himself get well.
4. What is Cody doing on Christmas Eve?
(a) Helping his mother who is sick.
(b) Making plans for the future.
(c) Arguing with his girlfriend.
(d) Arguing with his father.
5. What examples does Ben use of prejudice and racism?
(a) Rodney King and Hurricane Katrina.
(b) Hurricane Katrina and 9/11.
(c) Martin Luther King and Rodney King.
(d) 9/11 and Martin Luther King.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ben decide he will wait to tell anyone about his situation?
2. What does Hey-Soos point out to Ben when Ben says he wants an ordinary senior year?
3. Why does Ben decide not to tell Cody about his illness?
4. How does Ben feel about spending so much time with Joe Henry?
5. What does Ben tell Dallas about the future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cody say to Ben after he tells him of his illness?
2. Who is the first person Ben tells about his illness, what does he say to him and what is his response?
3. What does Ben's family do for Thanksgiving?
4. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry and what does Dallas ask Ben? What is Ben's response?
5. What does Ben do about his therapist's assignment?
6. What other school official becomes involved in the debate about Ben's project, what does this official do and what does Ben tell him?
7. How does Ben feel about his secret on Christmas Eve, what does Hey-Soos tell him and what does Ben decide to do?
8. What does Ben tell Lambeer when the teacher asks him if he is going to change his project?
9. What does Rudy tell Ben is the reason he is an alcoholic?
10. Where does Ben go after school almost everyday and what does he do there? How does Dallas feel about what he says about Joe Henry?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)