|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben decide to do about his illness?
(a) Start the treatments after Christmas.
(b) Go to a faith healer.
(c) Start the treatments immediately.
(d) Take supplements, eat healthy and sleep well.
2. What does Dallas ask Ben at lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) When they are going out again.
(b) If he enjoyed sex with her.
(c) If he plans to stay on the football team.
(d) Why he is reading Malcolm X's autobiography.
3. What changes the Horseshoe Bend game on the day of the game?
(a) Sooner has a broken collarbone.
(b) Ben is in the hospital.
(c) Cody has hurt his knee.
(d) The coach is sick.
4. What does Dr. Wagner say about Ben not starting treatment right away?
(a) It is all right to take a few weeks to decide.
(b) Treatment can be started almost right up to death.
(c) There is no treatment available.
(d) At some point it will be too late to start.
5. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about his time on earth?
(a) He will not die as quickly as the doctors think.
(b) He will not finish his whole list.
(c) His time on earth was supposed to be longer.
(d) He will have time to do what he needs to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben tell his therapist he is starting to feel?
2. What happens as the brothers are getting ready for the homecoming dance?
3. How does Ben contact Hey-Soos?
4. What does Coach want Ben to clear up before he plays football?
5. What does coach tell Ben about his truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ben go after the dance and what does he do there?
2. What sport does Ben try out for, and what do the other players think about him playing that sport?
3. What does the coach ask Ben at the luncheon and what does he say Ben needs to do?
4. What does Ben want to do for his senior year, where does he live and how does he do in school?
5. Where does Ben go after he leaves Dallas's house and what is bothering him?
6. What does Ben ask his father about his mother and what is his father's response?
7. What does the doctor tell Ben and what does the doctor do to be certain about his information?
8. What does Ben want from his teachers in his senior year, what teacher is going to be a problem with his goal, and why might the teacher be an impediment?
9. Where does Dr. Wagner take Ben to learn more about his illness, what does he learn, and what does Ben decide to do for treatment?
10. What does Dallas ask Ben when he sees her after the Horseshoe Bend game and what does she tell him?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)