|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ben go after he leaves Dallas's house?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To the lake.
(c) To the school.
(d) To an all night diner.
2. Who is invited to the homecoming dance?
(a) The high school and middle school students.
(b) The entire town.
(c) The high school students and their families.
(d) Only the high school students.
3. What is Cody and Ben's mother doing when they get home in Chapter 6?
(a) Cleaning house.
(b) Crying on the sofa.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Watching television.
4. Why do Cody and Ben come out of the Horseshoe Bend game heroes?
(a) They win an important argument with the referee.
(b) They keep the team together with the coach gone.
(c) They run a play that seems impossible.
(d) They make the winning touchdown.
5. What does Dr. Wagner say about Ben not starting treatment right away?
(a) At some point it will be too late to start.
(b) Treatment can be started almost right up to death.
(c) There is no treatment available.
(d) It is all right to take a few weeks to decide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben enjoy about the dance in Chapter 6?
2. Where do the players go after the coach talks to them?
3. What kind of vehicle did the coach give Ben?
4. What bothers Ben about his relationship with Dallas?
5. What does Ben think about the news that he is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hey-Soos say to Ben about Dallas's sharing, and why is Ben worried?
2. What does Ben ask his father about his mother and what is his father's response?
3. What do they find out on the day of the Horseshoe Bend game, and how will this information affect the game?
4. What does Ben do about the Horseshoe Bend game, and why?
5. How does Ben find out he might have a serious physical illness, and how does Ben insist he learn about this illness?
6. What is the compromise between Ben and Dr. Wagner concerning Ben wanting to keep his illness a secret and what does the person tell him he goes to see?
7. What does Ben find when he stops at Rudy's and what does Ben find out there? What does Rudy show him?
8. What does the doctor tell Ben and what does the doctor do to be certain about his information?
9. What do Ben and Cody find when they get home, what does it tell them and what does their father say about the situation?
10. What does Dallas ask Ben when he sees her after the Horseshoe Bend game and what does she tell him?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)