|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marla Dawson?
(a) Ben's therapist.
(b) A girl Ben wants to date.
(c) Cody's girlfriend.
(d) Ben's next door neighbor.
2. What does Ben think about the news that he is dying?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is completely shocked.
3. Why does Ben go to the doctor about a month before his senior year begins?
(a) He broke his toe.
(b) For a mandatory physical to participate in school sports.
(c) His mother insists he have a physical every year.
(d) He has a cold he cannot shake.
4. Why does Ben's doctor call him after his appointment?
(a) To let him know he is dying.
(b) To tell him to come see him.
(c) The doctor does not call Ben.
(d) To set up an appointment with Ben and his parents.
5. What does Ben decide to do about his illness?
(a) Take supplements, eat healthy and sleep well.
(b) Start the treatments after Christmas.
(c) Start the treatments immediately.
(d) Go to a faith healer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben think most people do in their senior year of high school?
2. What does Dr. Wagner say about Ben not starting treatment right away?
3. What does Ben plan to win in his senior year?
4. Where do the players go after the coach talks to them?
5. What does Ben's therapist encourage him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sport does Ben try out for, and what do the other players think about him playing that sport?
2. What does Ben do after he leaves the doctor's office upon receiving the bad news and what does he say to the doctor when he returns to his office?
3. What does Dallas ask Ben when he sees her after the Horseshoe Bend game and what does she tell him?
4. What does Ben want to do for his senior year, where does he live and how does he do in school?
5. What does the doctor tell Ben and what does the doctor do to be certain about his information?
6. What is the compromise between Ben and Dr. Wagner concerning Ben wanting to keep his illness a secret and what does the person tell him he goes to see?
7. What do Ben and Cody find when they get home, what does it tell them and what does their father say about the situation?
8. What are Ben's two other main goals for his senior year besides his academic goal?
9. Where does Ben go after he leaves Dallas's house and what is bothering him?
10. How does Ben find out he might have a serious physical illness, and how does Ben insist he learn about this illness?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)