|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ben tell Dallas he is planning to go?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To her volleyball game.
(c) To UC Davis.
(d) To his grandparents' house.
2. Where do the players go after the coach talks to them?
(a) A special luncheon.
(c) To the practice field.
(d) To his house for dinner.
3. What does Dallas ask Ben at lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) Why he is reading Malcolm X's autobiography.
(b) If he enjoyed sex with her.
(c) When they are going out again.
(d) If he plans to stay on the football team.
4. How does Ben fear about dying?
(b) Curious and slightly fearful.
(d) Deeply depressed.
5. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about Ben's interaction with people?
(a) Ben expects too much from people.
(b) Ben is too easy on people.
(c) Ben is a great healer of people.
(d) Use his instincts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about his time on earth?
2. Where does Dr. Wagner take Ben in August?
3. Why does Ben's doctor call him after his appointment?
4. What does Rudy say when Ben asks him about having been a Catholic priest?
5. What does Ben plan to win in his senior year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ben find out he might have a serious physical illness, and how does Ben insist he learn about this illness?
2. What does Ben want from his teachers in his senior year, what teacher is going to be a problem with his goal, and why might the teacher be an impediment?
3. Where does Ben go after the dance and what does he do there?
4. What does Ben do about the Horseshoe Bend game, and why?
5. What does Ben ask his father about his mother and what is his father's response?
6. What do they find out on the day of the Horseshoe Bend game, and how will this information affect the game?
7. What does Hey-Soos say to Ben about Dallas's sharing, and why is Ben worried?
8. What is the compromise between Ben and Dr. Wagner concerning Ben wanting to keep his illness a secret and what does the person tell him he goes to see?
9. What do Ben and Cody find when they get home, what does it tell them and what does their father say about the situation?
10. What happens to Ben's second date with Dallas?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)