|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dallas ask Ben at lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) If he enjoyed sex with her.
(b) When they are going out again.
(c) Why he is reading Malcolm X's autobiography.
(d) If he plans to stay on the football team.
2. What does Ben's therapist encourage him to do?
(a) Stay on task.
(b) Talk to his parents.
(c) Joke a lot.
(d) Get treatment.
3. What talk does Ben's father mention to Ben?
(a) The sex talk.
(b) The college talk.
(c) The football talk.
(d) The mother is ill talk.
4. What does the song Ben hears on his player say about dying?
(a) The world is a rotten place so die young.
(b) Waiting until you're too old to die young.
(c) Dying young and getting a lot of attention.
(d) Dying old and in bed.
5. What do the veteran football players think of Ben playing?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is too small.
(c) He is very fast.
(d) He is a great addition to the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note say that Ben receives from his therapist?
2. What does Ben think most people do in their senior year of high school?
3. How much older is Ben than Cody?
4. Where does Ben tell Dallas he is planning to go?
5. Where do the players go after the coach talks to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Dr. Wagner take Ben to learn more about his illness, what does he learn, and what does Ben decide to do for treatment?
2. What does the doctor tell Ben and what does the doctor do to be certain about his information?
3. How does Ben act when he receives the information from the doctor, and what is his first thought about the information?
4. What does Ben do after he leaves the doctor's office upon receiving the bad news and what does he say to the doctor when he returns to his office?
5. What happens to Ben's second date with Dallas?
6. How does Lambeer find out what Ben is reading and what does he say about it?
7. What does Ben do about the Horseshoe Bend game, and why?
8. What is the compromise between Ben and Dr. Wagner concerning Ben wanting to keep his illness a secret and what does the person tell him he goes to see?
9. What does Ben ask his father about his mother and what is his father's response?
10. What does Dallas ask Ben when he sees her after the Horseshoe Bend game and what does she tell him?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)