|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marla Dawson?
(a) Ben's therapist.
(b) Ben's next door neighbor.
(c) Cody's girlfriend.
(d) A girl Ben wants to date.
2. How old is Ben at the beginning of this book?
(b) It is unknown.
3. What does Ben plan to win in his senior year?
(a) The state cross country meet.
(b) The annual golf tournament.
(c) A scholarship to Harvard.
(d) The most valuable player on the football teach.
4. What does Rudy show Ben when he stops by his room?
(a) That he has a copy of Malcolm X's book, too.
(b) Rudy's football trophy from high school.
(c) His crucifix from being a priest.
(d) His journal that he writes in daily.
5. On what do Ben and Cody spend time before the Horseshoe Bend game?
(a) Watching videos of their games.
(b) Throwing the football.
(c) Lifting weights.
(d) Planning strategies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the players go after the coach talks to them?
2. What subject does Mr. Lambeer teach?
3. How long does Dallas want Ben to stay when he goes to her house in Chapter 9?
4. What does Ben think about the news that he is dying?
5. Who is invited to the homecoming dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ben want from his teachers in his senior year, what teacher is going to be a problem with his goal, and why might the teacher be an impediment?
2. Where does Ben go after he leaves Dallas's house and what is bothering him?
3. What happens to Ben's second date with Dallas?
4. How does Lambeer find out what Ben is reading and what does he say about it?
5. What does the coach ask Ben at the luncheon and what does he say Ben needs to do?
6. What do they find out on the day of the Horseshoe Bend game, and how will this information affect the game?
7. What does Ben say about having a terminal illness at such a young age?
8. Where does Dr. Wagner take Ben to learn more about his illness, what does he learn, and what does Ben decide to do for treatment?
9. What are Ben's two other main goals for his senior year besides his academic goal?
10. What does Dallas ask Ben when he sees her after the Horseshoe Bend game and what does she tell him?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)