|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lambeer ask Ben in early December?
(a) If he knows he is failing.
(b) If he has finished his project.
(c) If he has considered changing his project.
(d) If he wants to work on a group extra credit project.
2. Of what does Hey-Soos remind Ben?
(a) Hey-Soos is not human.
(b) Ben made his own choices.
(c) It is not too late to seek treatment.
(d) Ben is an adult.
3. What does Ben notice at Coach's house?
(a) Lambeer's car in the driveway.
(b) The Principal's car in the driveway.
(c) The lights are on.
(d) Cody's car in the driveway.
4. What does Ben's new therapist threaten to do?
(a) Have Ben's parents arrested.
(b) Have Dr. Wagner investigated.
(c) Tell Ben's parents.
(d) Turn Ben in for refusing treatment.
5. Why does Ben say he will continue to visit Rudy?
(a) He hopes Rudy will change.
(b) He likes talking to Rudy.
(c) Ben knows he is safe since Rudy was honest with Ben.
(d) He thinks Rudy is a good person.
6. How does Ben feel about spending so much time with Joe Henry?
(a) He enjoys it.
(b) He is bored by it.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) He hates it.
7. Who are two people Ben decides to definitely tell?
(a) Dallas and Rudy.
(b) Cody and Dallas.
(c) Cody and his dad.
(d) No one besides Coach.
8. What assignment does the therapist give Ben?
(a) To write a pro and con list for treatment.
(b) To tell his parents about his illness.
(c) To write down what he wants to do before he dies.
(d) To talk to Dr. Wagner one more time.
9. What examples does Ben use of prejudice and racism?
(a) Rodney King and Hurricane Katrina.
(b) Martin Luther King and Rodney King.
(c) 9/11 and Martin Luther King.
(d) Hurricane Katrina and 9/11.
10. When does Ben share his secret with Coach?
(a) January 22.
(b) December 25.
(c) January 2.
11. What does Coach say about the Malcolm X project?
(b) Coach does not understand why Ben is being so stubborn.
(c) Coach admires Ben for sticking to his beliefs.
(d) Coach wishes Ben would confine it to the English class.
12. Who else besides Lambeer tries to change Ben's mind?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The principal.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
13. What does Ben ask in Coach's class?
(a) If Coach would teach a truth he doesn't like.
(b) If he can quit coming.
(c) If he can write a paper instead of do a project.
(d) If he can change his book.
14. What does Ben say he is willing to do?
(a) Write his congress person about the project.
(b) Talk to the mayor about the project first.
(c) Take whatever grade he receives.
(d) Do a shortened version of the project.
15. What does Rudy share with Ben?
(a) That Rudy believes Ben will live.
(b) Rudy's beliefs.
(c) The name of Rudy's family.
(d) Rudy's emotional pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of list does Ben make?
2. One does Sooner do to make the game more difficult?
3. What does Ben think one universal thing is?
4. Why does the coach bring Thanksgiving dinner to Ben's house?
5. What is the very talented football team they play in Chapter 13?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)