|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Ben's list serious?
(a) He is writing it to get rid of his therapist.
(b) He is afraid to see what he'll be missing out on.
(c) He thinks if he doesn't take it seriously, it will not happen.
(d) He is afraid to hope.
2. What does Ben say he is willing to do?
(a) Take whatever grade he receives.
(b) Write his congress person about the project.
(c) Do a shortened version of the project.
(d) Talk to the mayor about the project first.
3. What does Ben decide about companionship when he is talking to Hey-Soos?
(a) He thinks Hey-Soos will greet him on the other side.
(b) He wants someone real to talk with him.
(c) He wants to meet any of Hey-Soos' friends.
(d) He likes having a spirit guide.
4. What does Ben tell Rudy Ben appreciates?
(a) Rudy's honesty.
(b) Rudy's desire to harm no one.
(c) Rudy's wisdom.
(d) Rudy's point of view.
5. What does Ben's father see as a change in Ben?
(a) That Ben seems to be fighting a lot of battles.
(b) That Ben is more focused.
(c) That Ben seems depressed.
(d) That Ben is more moody.
6. What does Ben notice at Coach's house?
(a) The Principal's car in the driveway.
(b) Cody's car in the driveway.
(c) The lights are on.
(d) Lambeer's car in the driveway.
7. What does coach think about Cody?
(a) He should be a kicker.
(b) It will probably get a scholarship to college.
(c) He is an excellent half-back.
(d) He will be taken off as quarterback.
8. What kind of list does Ben make?
(a) Of things he wants to do before he dies.
(b) Of the names he would give his children if he lives.
(c) Of all the reasons he feels blessed.
(d) Of the ways he can help himself get well.
9. To what does Hey-Soos compare life?
(a) An action movie.
(b) A play.
(c) A video game.
(d) A television series.
10. Why does Ben decide not to tell Cody about his illness?
(a) Because Ben is still hoping for a miracle.
(b) Because Cody might decide not to go off to college.
(c) Because it's Christmas Eve.
(d) Because Ben believes Cody would be angry.
11. Why does Dallas back up Ben in Lambeer's class?
(a) Her brother was not accepted to college because of prejudice.
(b) Her grandparents were in a relocation camp in World War II.
(c) Her father was beaten in the navy because of prejudice.
(d) She has suffered prejudice herself.
12. What does Ben realize he does not want?
(a) Everyone crying over his death.
(b) His brother to be heartbroken.
(c) Life to end suddenly.
(d) His mother to know about his illness.
13. What does Ben tell Hey-Soos about how he is feeling physically?
(a) He feels very bad and thinks his time is close.
(b) He is feeling more tired than usual.
(c) He is feeling pretty healthy so far.
(d) He is noticing small pains in his arms.
14. What does Ben take Rudy?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A poem about recovery.
(d) More supplements.
15. About what does Ben ask Coach?
(a) About the Coach's dead son.
(b) About playing in an impromtu game of hoops.
(c) About why the Coach allowed Ben on the team.
(d) His girlfriend who had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else besides Lambeer tries to change Ben's mind?
2. Why does Ben say he will continue to visit Rudy?
3. What does Hey-Soos say about people?
4. What factor does Mr. Lambeer mention to tell Ben he can't do his project?
5. What is the very talented football team they play in Chapter 13?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)