|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Rudy?
(a) That Ben would give him a Bible.
(b) That Ben is not in school.
(c) That Ben has come back to see Rudy.
(d) That Ben would give Rudy alcohol.
2. What kind of list does Ben make?
(a) Of the names he would give his children if he lives.
(b) Of all the reasons he feels blessed.
(c) Of the ways he can help himself get well.
(d) Of things he wants to do before he dies.
3. Who else besides Lambeer tries to change Ben's mind?
(a) His brother.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The principal.
(d) His father.
4. What does Ben's father see as a change in Ben?
(a) That Ben is more moody.
(b) That Ben seems to be fighting a lot of battles.
(c) That Ben is more focused.
(d) That Ben seems depressed.
5. What did Rudy think Ben was going to do earlier?
(a) Call the cops.
(b) Try to make Rudy change.
(d) Beat up Rudy.
6. About what does Ben ask Coach?
(a) About why the Coach allowed Ben on the team.
(b) About the Coach's dead son.
(c) About playing in an impromtu game of hoops.
(d) His girlfriend who had died.
7. What does Hey-Soos point out to Ben when Ben says he wants an ordinary senior year?
(a) He should want an extraordinary year.
(b) Dating Dallas would not be normal for him.
(c) Ben's situation is not normal.
(d) When he dies he won't really care about his senior year.
8. Why does Dallas kick Ben out of the house?
(a) For keeping the secret from her all these months.
(b) She does not kick him out.
(c) For refusing to go to a specialist.
(d) For talking in front of Joe Henry.
9. What factor does Mr. Lambeer mention to tell Ben he can't do his project?
(a) The bond levy.
(b) He does not mention a factor.
(c) The requirement for more current historical events.
(d) The process for renaming a street is not open to non-tax payers.
10. What does coach tell Ben about Lambeer's class?
(a) That Ben is being talked about in the teacher's lounge.
(b) To be careful the man uses grades as weapons.
(c) That Lambeer is beginning to like Ben.
(d) That Lambeer is too rigid to be a good teacher.
11. What reason does Ben give for not telling Coach sooner?
(a) His relationship to Coach might have changed.
(b) Coach might have accidentally told Cody.
(c) Ben would not have been allowed to play football.
(d) Ben was not sure if he could trust Coach.
12. What does Ben realize he does not want?
(a) His brother to be heartbroken.
(b) His mother to know about his illness.
(c) Everyone crying over his death.
(d) Life to end suddenly.
13. How many signatures has Ben garnered for his project by mid-January?
(a) Most of the town.
(b) Just his own.
14. What does Lambeer not realize about Ben?
(a) Ben knows more history than Lambeer.
(b) Ben is a very stubborn person.
(c) Ben is not doing this for attention.
(d) Ben does not care about a diploma.
15. What does Ben tell Hey-Soos about how he is feeling physically?
(a) He is feeling pretty healthy so far.
(b) He is noticing small pains in his arms.
(c) He is feeling more tired than usual.
(d) He feels very bad and thinks his time is close.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben say he is better at than Rudy?
2. What is Cody doing on Christmas Eve?
3. What does Ben regret on Christmas Eve?
4. What does Ben notice at Coach's house?
5. What does Ben do when he finds Rudy completely drunk?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)