|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ben go visit?
(c) Mr. Lambeer.
2. Why does Ben say he will continue to visit Rudy?
(a) Ben knows he is safe since Rudy was honest with Ben.
(b) He hopes Rudy will change.
(c) He likes talking to Rudy.
(d) He thinks Rudy is a good person.
3. What does Hey-Soos say about people?
(a) They are not always what you expect.
(b) They do not care about themselves enough.
(c) They are superficial.
(d) They are only going to die in the end.
4. What does Ben say he is going to do anyway?
(a) Quit school.
(b) His project.
(c) His paper on feminism.
(d) His paper on racism.
5. Why is Ben upset with Hey-Soos?
(a) He thinks Hey-Soos doesn't care if he lives or dies.
(b) Hey-Soos criticizes Ben.
(c) Hey-Soos keeps giving him platitudes.
(d) Hey-Soos doesn't understand about Dallas.
6. What does Dallas tell Ben she thinks makes people sick?
(a) Eating junk food.
(b) Holding grudges.
(d) Trying to be perfect.
7. What does coach tell Ben about Lambeer's class?
(a) That Lambeer is too rigid to be a good teacher.
(b) To be careful the man uses grades as weapons.
(c) That Lambeer is beginning to like Ben.
(d) That Ben is being talked about in the teacher's lounge.
8. What does Ben think one universal thing is?
9. What does coach think about Cody?
(a) He will be taken off as quarterback.
(b) He should be a kicker.
(c) It will probably get a scholarship to college.
(d) He is an excellent half-back.
10. What does Ben say about Lambeer's teaching?
(a) Lambeer teaches at about grade school level.
(b) Lambeer tries to be popular instead of a good teacher.
(c) Lambeer does not care about truth.
(d) Lambeer is giving false information.
11. What does Lambeer ask Ben in early December?
(a) If he knows he is failing.
(b) If he has finished his project.
(c) If he has considered changing his project.
(d) If he wants to work on a group extra credit project.
12. How does Coach offer to help Ben?
(a) To help Ben play football one year in college.
(b) To take Ben to see some specialists.
(c) To help the people Ben loves.
(d) To keep the information from Cody.
13. Who are the key players on the team Ben's school is getting ready to play in Chapter 13?
(a) Three boys who are huge and are triplets.
(b) Two boys who have already been offered scholarships.
(c) Two boys who are cousins.
(d) Identical Nez Perce Indian twins.
14. What does Rudy confess to Ben?
(a) He was kicked out of the priesthood for being gay.
(b) He was never a priest.
(c) He is a child molester.
(d) He was raped by his uncle.
15. Why isn't Ben's list serious?
(a) He thinks if he doesn't take it seriously, it will not happen.
(b) He is afraid to see what he'll be missing out on.
(c) He is afraid to hope.
(d) He is writing it to get rid of his therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dallas kick Ben out of the house?
2. What does Ben's father see as a change in Ben?
3. What happens when Ben goes out to run?
4. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry?
5. What is the very talented football team they play in Chapter 13?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)