|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the key players on the team Ben's school is getting ready to play in Chapter 13?
(a) Two boys who are cousins.
(b) Three boys who are huge and are triplets.
(c) Identical Nez Perce Indian twins.
(d) Two boys who have already been offered scholarships.
2. One does Sooner do to make the game more difficult?
(a) Insults one of the captains.
(b) Trips one of their best players.
(c) Flirts with their cheerleaders.
3. What does Ben tell Dallas about the future?
(a) He will be there for her if something doesn't happen.
(b) He plans to attend a near-by college.
(c) He does not have a future.
(d) He does not think about the future.
4. What does Ben say he is willing to do?
(a) Talk to the mayor about the project first.
(b) Take whatever grade he receives.
(c) Do a shortened version of the project.
(d) Write his congress person about the project.
5. What examples does Ben use of prejudice and racism?
(a) Martin Luther King and Rodney King.
(b) Hurricane Katrina and 9/11.
(c) Rodney King and Hurricane Katrina.
(d) 9/11 and Martin Luther King.
6. Why does Dallas back up Ben in Lambeer's class?
(a) Her father was beaten in the navy because of prejudice.
(b) She has suffered prejudice herself.
(c) Her grandparents were in a relocation camp in World War II.
(d) Her brother was not accepted to college because of prejudice.
7. What happens when Ben goes out to run?
(a) He is easily fatigued.
(b) He encounters Dallas.
(c) He has to sit several times.
(d) He feels quite good.
8. Why is Ben sent to the library for the rest of his class with Mr. Lambeer?
(a) The principal thinks it's for the best.
(b) Lambeer becomes irate in front of the students.
(c) Ben is unwilling to listen to Lambeer's harassment.
(d) Ben talks back to Lambeer.
9. What does coach think about Cody?
(a) He will be taken off as quarterback.
(b) He should be a kicker.
(c) He is an excellent half-back.
(d) It will probably get a scholarship to college.
10. What does Coach say about the Malcolm X project?
(a) Coach wishes Ben would confine it to the English class.
(b) Coach admires Ben for sticking to his beliefs.
(c) Coach does not understand why Ben is being so stubborn.
11. What does Ben say he is going to do anyway?
(a) Quit school.
(b) His paper on feminism.
(c) His project.
(d) His paper on racism.
12. What does Rudy say is the reason Malcolm X was hated by many?
(a) He hated white people.
(b) He threatened the existing power structure.
(c) He made people look at some hard truths.
(d) He was too good of a writer.
13. What does Ben's new therapist threaten to do?
(a) Turn Ben in for refusing treatment.
(b) Tell Ben's parents.
(c) Have Dr. Wagner investigated.
(d) Have Ben's parents arrested.
14. What does Lambeer not realize about Ben?
(a) Ben is a very stubborn person.
(b) Ben is not doing this for attention.
(c) Ben knows more history than Lambeer.
(d) Ben does not care about a diploma.
15. What does Ben find about football in early November?
(a) It causes a lot of pain.
(b) It isn't as easy as it was a month before.
(c) It is not a sport he likes.
(d) It is very violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the coach feel about school work?
2. How does Coach offer to help Ben?
3. Why is Ben upset with Hey-Soos?
4. What did Rudy think Ben was going to do earlier?
5. What assignment does the therapist give Ben?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)