|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many signatures has Ben garnered for his project by mid-January?
(a) Most of the town.
(d) Just his own.
2. What does the coach do to prove a point about democracy?
(a) Burns a flag.
(b) Makes the class read The Gulag Archipelago.
(c) Burn a book.
(d) Have an election.
3. What does Ben decide about companionship when he is talking to Hey-Soos?
(a) He wants someone real to talk with him.
(b) He likes having a spirit guide.
(c) He thinks Hey-Soos will greet him on the other side.
(d) He wants to meet any of Hey-Soos' friends.
4. What does Ben find when he visits Rudy?
(a) Rudy's brother is visiting.
(b) A note saying Rudy has moved.
(c) Rudy's mother is visiting.
(d) Rudy has killed himself.
5. What does Dallas tell Ben she thinks makes people sick?
(a) Holding grudges.
(b) Eating junk food.
(c) Trying to be perfect.
6. What is special about the game in Chapter 13?
(a) It is Ben's last game.
(b) Cody is called by a scout.
(c) Ben's mother came to see it.
(d) Ben's team lost it.
7. When does Ben decide he will wait to tell anyone about his situation?
(a) Until after football season is over.
(b) After his birthday in March.
(c) After Christmas.
(d) After the New Year.
8. Who are the key players on the team Ben's school is getting ready to play in Chapter 13?
(a) Two boys who are cousins.
(b) Two boys who have already been offered scholarships.
(c) Three boys who are huge and are triplets.
(d) Identical Nez Perce Indian twins.
9. What is Dallas doing when Ben goes to her house?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Making spaghetti for Joe Henry.
(d) Practicing her cello.
10. What does Ben realize he does not want?
(a) His mother to know about his illness.
(b) His brother to be heartbroken.
(c) Life to end suddenly.
(d) Everyone crying over his death.
11. What does Hey-Soos say about people?
(a) They do not care about themselves enough.
(b) They are not always what you expect.
(c) They are only going to die in the end.
(d) They are superficial.
12. About what does Ben ask Coach?
(a) About playing in an impromtu game of hoops.
(b) About why the Coach allowed Ben on the team.
(c) His girlfriend who had died.
(d) About the Coach's dead son.
13. What does Ben ask in Coach's class?
(a) If he can change his book.
(b) If he can write a paper instead of do a project.
(c) If Coach would teach a truth he doesn't like.
(d) If he can quit coming.
14. Why is Ben sent to the library for the rest of his class with Mr. Lambeer?
(a) Ben talks back to Lambeer.
(b) The principal thinks it's for the best.
(c) Ben is unwilling to listen to Lambeer's harassment.
(d) Lambeer becomes irate in front of the students.
15. What does Ben's father see as a change in Ben?
(a) That Ben is more focused.
(b) That Ben seems depressed.
(c) That Ben is more moody.
(d) That Ben seems to be fighting a lot of battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the very talented football team they play in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Ben decide not to tell Cody about his illness?
3. What does Ben tell Rudy Ben appreciates?
4. What kind of list does Ben make?
5. Who are two people Ben decides to definitely tell?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)