|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hey-Soos point out to Ben when Ben says he wants an ordinary senior year?
(a) When he dies he won't really care about his senior year.
(b) He should want an extraordinary year.
(c) Dating Dallas would not be normal for him.
(d) Ben's situation is not normal.
2. What does Ben say he is better at than Rudy?
(a) Believing in himself.
3. What does Rudy say is the reason Malcolm X was hated by many?
(a) He threatened the existing power structure.
(b) He was too good of a writer.
(c) He made people look at some hard truths.
(d) He hated white people.
4. About what does Ben ask Coach?
(a) About the Coach's dead son.
(b) His girlfriend who had died.
(c) About playing in an impromtu game of hoops.
(d) About why the Coach allowed Ben on the team.
5. What is Dallas doing when Ben goes to her house?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Making spaghetti for Joe Henry.
(d) Practicing her cello.
6. What does Rudy share with Ben?
(a) Rudy's emotional pain.
(b) The name of Rudy's family.
(c) Rudy's beliefs.
(d) That Rudy believes Ben will live.
7. One does Sooner do to make the game more difficult?
(a) Insults one of the captains.
(b) Flirts with their cheerleaders.
(c) Trips one of their best players.
8. Why does Rudy say he stays drunk?
(a) He likes the taste of alcohol.
(b) So he cannot hurt anyone.
(c) He cannot stop himself.
(d) He has nothing else to do.
9. What does Ben find about football in early November?
(a) It is not a sport he likes.
(b) It causes a lot of pain.
(c) It isn't as easy as it was a month before.
(d) It is very violent.
10. How does Coach offer to help Ben?
(a) To keep the information from Cody.
(b) To help Ben play football one year in college.
(c) To take Ben to see some specialists.
(d) To help the people Ben loves.
11. What examples does Ben use of prejudice and racism?
(a) Hurricane Katrina and 9/11.
(b) 9/11 and Martin Luther King.
(c) Rodney King and Hurricane Katrina.
(d) Martin Luther King and Rodney King.
12. What does the coach do to prove a point about democracy?
(a) Burns a flag.
(b) Makes the class read The Gulag Archipelago.
(c) Have an election.
(d) Burn a book.
13. What does coach tell Ben about Lambeer's class?
(a) That Lambeer is too rigid to be a good teacher.
(b) That Ben is being talked about in the teacher's lounge.
(c) That Lambeer is beginning to like Ben.
(d) To be careful the man uses grades as weapons.
14. What does Rudy confess to Ben?
(a) He is a child molester.
(b) He was never a priest.
(c) He was kicked out of the priesthood for being gay.
(d) He was raped by his uncle.
15. What does Ben find when he visits Rudy?
(a) Rudy's mother is visiting.
(b) A note saying Rudy has moved.
(c) Rudy's brother is visiting.
(d) Rudy has killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the key players on the team Ben's school is getting ready to play in Chapter 13?
2. What does Dallas tell Ben about Joe Henry?
3. Why does Dallas back up Ben in Lambeer's class?
4. What does Ben decide about companionship when he is talking to Hey-Soos?
5. What is special about the game in Chapter 13?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)