|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Mr. Lambeer teach?
(b) U.S. government and current events.
2. What is Cody and Ben's mother doing when they get home in Chapter 6?
(a) Crying on the sofa.
(b) Cleaning house.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Making dinner.
3. Why do Cody and Ben come out of the Horseshoe Bend game heroes?
(a) They make the winning touchdown.
(b) They win an important argument with the referee.
(c) They run a play that seems impossible.
(d) They keep the team together with the coach gone.
4. What does Ben plan to win in his senior year?
(a) The state cross country meet.
(b) The annual golf tournament.
(c) The most valuable player on the football teach.
(d) A scholarship to Harvard.
5. What kind of vehicle did the coach give Ben?
(a) A Toyota.
(b) A 1941 Chevy pickup.
(c) A land rover.
(d) A jeep.
6. What do the veteran football players think of Ben playing?
(a) He is too small.
(b) He is very fast.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is a great addition to the team.
7. When did Cody become the school quarterback?
(a) He is not the quarterback.
(b) In his senior year.
(c) In his sophomore year.
(d) In his junior year.
8. Why do Ben and Cody want their team to do well at the Horseshoe Bend game?
(a) Their cousin plays for them.
(b) They are their traditional rivals.
(c) So the scouts see Cody in a good light.
(d) They have beat everyone this season.
9. What does the coach remind the players of in his first talk to them?
(a) That football is more important than academics.
(b) That losing is not all bad.
(c) The rules on and off the field.
(d) That winning is everything.
10. What does Hey-Soos say is a big thing to Ben?
(a) That Dallas wants to marry Ben.
(b) That Ben will not die a virgin.
(c) That Ben can have a child with Dallas.
(d) That Ben stuck with Dallas when she told him about her uncle.
11. How does Ben view dating Dallas Suzuki?
(a) He has not desire to date Dallas.
(b) She is way out of his league.
(c) It would be boring to date her.
(d) She is in the out crowd.
12. On what do Ben and Cody spend time before the Horseshoe Bend game?
(a) Watching videos of their games.
(b) Lifting weights.
(c) Throwing the football.
(d) Planning strategies.
13. What is the first thing Ben thinks about after hearing about his illness?
(a) Finishing school.
(b) Telling his brother.
(c) His mother's reaction.
(d) Finding a viable treatment.
14. What does coach tell Ben about his truck?
(a) It looks good.
(b) It needs a new muffler.
(c) He needs to put on a new starter.
(d) It needs to be washed and waxed.
15. What does Ben say is the reasons he plays football so well?
(a) He is highly focused.
(b) It is about strategy.
(c) He played pro ball in a previous life.
(d) He does not think he plays all that well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben think when he sees everything in a new light at the dance?
2. What changes the Horseshoe Bend game on the day of the game?
3. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about his time on earth?
4. What talk does Ben's father mention to Ben?
5. Why does Ben think his relationship with Dallas is getting complicated?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)