|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben explain to Dr. Wagner?
(a) That he thought he would live to be a hundred.
(b) That he is going to look for treatments.
(c) He doesn't talk to the doctor about dying.
(d) That Ben always knew he was going to die young.
2. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about his time on earth?
(a) His time on earth was supposed to be longer.
(b) He will have time to do what he needs to do.
(c) He will not die as quickly as the doctors think.
(d) He will not finish his whole list.
3. What does Rudy say when Ben asks him about having been a Catholic priest?
(a) He tells Ben he is no longer a Catholic.
(b) He does not want to talk about it.
(c) He tells him about seminary.
(d) He tells Ben about his last church.
4. How old is Ben at the beginning of this book?
(b) It is unknown.
5. How does Ben fear about dying?
(b) Deeply depressed.
(c) Curious and slightly fearful.
6. What does Ben's father do for a living?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Mail carrier.
(c) Runs a small mail and freight business.
7. What does Ben say is the reasons he plays football so well?
(a) He does not think he plays all that well.
(b) He is highly focused.
(c) He played pro ball in a previous life.
(d) It is about strategy.
8. Why is there no one home at Dallas's house after the dance?
(a) Her father is ill and in the hospital in another town.
(b) Her mother had to take Joe Henry out of town.
(c) Her mother and father are on a trip.
(d) Her mother works the night shift.
9. What bothers Ben about his relationship with Dallas?
(a) Leaving her.
(b) That she is so smart.
(c) Wondering who her last boyfriend was.
(d) Whether he is good enough for her.
10. For what is Mr. Lambeer known in his teaching?
(a) Presenting a balanced view of all issues.
(b) Teaching a slanted view.
(c) Being extremely boring.
(d) Making his subject very interesting.
11. What does Dallas ask Ben at lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) If he enjoyed sex with her.
(b) When they are going out again.
(c) Why he is reading Malcolm X's autobiography.
(d) If he plans to stay on the football team.
12. What does Ben want to do with his teachers in his senior year?
(a) Get them to be a little easier on the students.
(b) Try to make them quit teaching.
(c) Get to know them as friends.
(d) Hold them accountable for the education he receives.
13. What affect does grueling practices have on the football team?
(a) The players are becoming resentful.
(b) The team is getting too tired.
(c) The team as a whole are making poor grades in school.
(d) They are winning their games.
14. What does Ben decide to do about his illness?
(a) Start the treatments immediately.
(b) Start the treatments after Christmas.
(c) Take supplements, eat healthy and sleep well.
(d) Go to a faith healer.
15. What does Ben's therapist encourage him to do?
(a) Stay on task.
(b) Talk to his parents.
(c) Get treatment.
(d) Joke a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lambeer say to Ben about Malcolm X's book?
2. Why does Ben's doctor call him after his appointment?
3. How does Ben view dating Dallas Suzuki?
4. What does Ben talk to Hey-Soos about in Chapter 6?
5. What does the song Ben hears on his player say about dying?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)