|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sooner do in the locker room?
(a) Breaks a bench when he jumps on it.
(b) Picks a fight with other players.
(c) Slips and falls on the wet floor.
(d) Hits a locker with his fist.
2. Why does Ben go to the doctor about a month before his senior year begins?
(a) He broke his toe.
(b) For a mandatory physical to participate in school sports.
(c) His mother insists he have a physical every year.
(d) He has a cold he cannot shake.
3. How does Ben view dating Dallas Suzuki?
(a) He has not desire to date Dallas.
(b) She is in the out crowd.
(c) She is way out of his league.
(d) It would be boring to date her.
4. What does Ben explain to Dr. Wagner?
(a) That he is going to look for treatments.
(b) That Ben always knew he was going to die young.
(c) That he thought he would live to be a hundred.
(d) He doesn't talk to the doctor about dying.
5. What is the reason Dallas gives Ben for her having had sex with him?
(a) She wants his baby.
(b) She has no reason for it.
(c) She does not want to graduate a virgin.
(d) She wanted to see if she was capable of having sex.
6. How much older is Ben than Cody?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Eleven months.
(c) They are twins.
(d) Two years.
7. Where does Ben tell Dallas he is planning to go?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To UC Davis.
(c) To her volleyball game.
(d) To his grandparents' house.
8. How does Ben fear about dying?
(c) Curious and slightly fearful.
(d) Deeply depressed.
9. What does Rudy say when Ben asks him about having been a Catholic priest?
(a) He tells Ben he is no longer a Catholic.
(b) He tells him about seminary.
(c) He tells Ben about his last church.
(d) He does not want to talk about it.
10. What does Ben think most people do in their senior year of high school?
(b) Work harder than any other year.
(c) Do pretty much what they were doing before.
(d) Ben doesn't mention this issue.
11. What changes the Horseshoe Bend game on the day of the game?
(a) Sooner has a broken collarbone.
(b) The coach is sick.
(c) Cody has hurt his knee.
(d) Ben is in the hospital.
12. What project does Ben chose in Lambeer's class?
(a) To have a street named for Malcom X.
(b) To change the laws about gay marriage.
(c) To change the curriculum for some classes at the high school.
(d) To write a memoir.
13. What does Ben say is the reasons he plays football so well?
(a) It is about strategy.
(b) He does not think he plays all that well.
(c) He is highly focused.
(d) He played pro ball in a previous life.
14. What do the veteran football players think of Ben playing?
(a) He is a great addition to the team.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He is too small.
(d) He is very fast.
15. What does the song Ben hears on his player say about dying?
(a) The world is a rotten place so die young.
(b) Dying old and in bed.
(c) Dying young and getting a lot of attention.
(d) Waiting until you're too old to die young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben decide to do about his illness?
2. What does Ben do after he drives home from the doctor's office?
3. What affect does grueling practices have on the football team?
4. On what do Ben and Cody spend time before the Horseshoe Bend game?
5. How long does Dallas want Ben to stay when he goes to her house in Chapter 9?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)