|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben decide to do about his illness?
(a) Go to a faith healer.
(b) Take supplements, eat healthy and sleep well.
(c) Start the treatments immediately.
(d) Start the treatments after Christmas.
2. What changes the Horseshoe Bend game on the day of the game?
(a) Ben is in the hospital.
(b) Cody has hurt his knee.
(c) The coach is sick.
(d) Sooner has a broken collarbone.
3. What does Sooner do in the locker room?
(a) Picks a fight with other players.
(b) Slips and falls on the wet floor.
(c) Hits a locker with his fist.
(d) Breaks a bench when he jumps on it.
4. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about Ben's interaction with people?
(a) Ben is a great healer of people.
(b) Use his instincts.
(c) Ben is too easy on people.
(d) Ben expects too much from people.
5. What subject does Mr. Lambeer teach?
(d) U.S. government and current events.
6. Why does Ben think his relationship with Dallas is getting complicated?
(a) He thinks he loves her.
(b) Cody likes her.
(c) She might be pregnant.
(d) Sooner used to date her.
7. What does Ben explain to Dr. Wagner?
(a) He doesn't talk to the doctor about dying.
(b) That he is going to look for treatments.
(c) That he thought he would live to be a hundred.
(d) That Ben always knew he was going to die young.
8. What does Coach want Ben to clear up before he plays football?
(a) His ability to play with his doctor.
(b) The situation with the cross country coach.
(c) Whether Cody has a problem with him on the team.
(d) His poor grade in English.
9. What does Dr. Wagner say about Ben not starting treatment right away?
(a) It is all right to take a few weeks to decide.
(b) At some point it will be too late to start.
(c) There is no treatment available.
(d) Treatment can be started almost right up to death.
10. How does Ben contact Hey-Soos?
(a) By breathing deeply for a few minutes.
(b) By just thinking about him.
(c) By going to church.
(d) In a near dream state.
11. What project does Ben chose in Lambeer's class?
(a) To change the curriculum for some classes at the high school.
(b) To have a street named for Malcom X.
(c) To change the laws about gay marriage.
(d) To write a memoir.
12. What does Ben talk to Hey-Soos about in Chapter 6?
(a) His illness.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His time with Dallas.
13. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about his time on earth?
(a) His time on earth was supposed to be longer.
(b) He will not finish his whole list.
(c) He will have time to do what he needs to do.
(d) He will not die as quickly as the doctors think.
14. Why did Ben's parents hold him back in school?
(a) He was sick when he was suppose to start school.
(b) He was not talking yet.
(c) So he could grow.
(d) He learned to read late.
15. What bothers Ben about his relationship with Dallas?
(a) Whether he is good enough for her.
(b) Leaving her.
(c) Wondering who her last boyfriend was.
(d) That she is so smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor do after he tells Ben about his illness?
2. What does Ben's therapist encourage him to do?
3. Why is there no one home at Dallas's house after the dance?
4. What does Rudy show Ben when he stops by his room?
5. Where do the players go after the coach talks to them?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)