|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talk does Ben's father mention to Ben?
(a) The college talk.
(b) The mother is ill talk.
(c) The sex talk.
(d) The football talk.
2. What does Dallas ask Ben at lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) When they are going out again.
(b) Why he is reading Malcolm X's autobiography.
(c) If he enjoyed sex with her.
(d) If he plans to stay on the football team.
3. When did Cody become the school quarterback?
(a) He is not the quarterback.
(b) In his sophomore year.
(c) In his junior year.
(d) In his senior year.
4. Why does Ben think his relationship with Dallas is getting complicated?
(a) Cody likes her.
(b) Sooner used to date her.
(c) She might be pregnant.
(d) He thinks he loves her.
5. What does Coach want Ben to clear up before he plays football?
(a) His poor grade in English.
(b) Whether Cody has a problem with him on the team.
(c) His ability to play with his doctor.
(d) The situation with the cross country coach.
6. What affect does grueling practices have on the football team?
(a) They are winning their games.
(b) The players are becoming resentful.
(c) The team is getting too tired.
(d) The team as a whole are making poor grades in school.
7. What project does Ben chose in Lambeer's class?
(a) To change the laws about gay marriage.
(b) To have a street named for Malcom X.
(c) To write a memoir.
(d) To change the curriculum for some classes at the high school.
8. In what state in the United States does Ben live?
9. What is Cody's nickname at school?
(a) Big Wolf.
10. What does Ben think most people do in their senior year of high school?
(a) Work harder than any other year.
(b) Ben doesn't mention this issue.
(d) Do pretty much what they were doing before.
11. What does Lambeer say to Ben about Malcolm X's book?
(a) That Malcolm did not write the book.
(b) That Malcolm was a liar.
(c) That Malcolm had very radical ideas.
(d) That is was a great book.
12. How much older is Ben than Cody?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eleven months.
(c) They are twins.
(d) Sixteen months.
13. What does Ben understand about football that most do not?
(a) He understands the way the ball moves.
(b) He understands how to psych an opposing player.
(c) Different ways to read plays and counteract them.
(d) It is a game that reflects life.
14. What bothers Ben about his relationship with Dallas?
(a) Wondering who her last boyfriend was.
(b) That she is so smart.
(c) Leaving her.
(d) Whether he is good enough for her.
15. What does Dr. Wagner say about Ben not starting treatment right away?
(a) There is no treatment available.
(b) At some point it will be too late to start.
(c) Treatment can be started almost right up to death.
(d) It is all right to take a few weeks to decide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben enjoy about the dance in Chapter 6?
2. What changes the Horseshoe Bend game on the day of the game?
3. How does Ben contact Hey-Soos?
4. What is Cody and Ben's mother doing when they get home in Chapter 6?
5. What does Sooner do in the locker room?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)