|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Ben chose in Lambeer's class?
(a) To change the curriculum for some classes at the high school.
(b) To change the laws about gay marriage.
(c) To have a street named for Malcom X.
(d) To write a memoir.
2. What changes the Horseshoe Bend game on the day of the game?
(a) Sooner has a broken collarbone.
(b) The coach is sick.
(c) Cody has hurt his knee.
(d) Ben is in the hospital.
3. What kind of vehicle did the coach give Ben?
(a) A 1941 Chevy pickup.
(b) A land rover.
(c) A Toyota.
(d) A jeep.
4. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about Ben's interaction with people?
(a) Ben is a great healer of people.
(b) Ben is too easy on people.
(c) Use his instincts.
(d) Ben expects too much from people.
5. What does Hey-Soos tell Ben about his time on earth?
(a) He will not finish his whole list.
(b) He will have time to do what he needs to do.
(c) He will not die as quickly as the doctors think.
(d) His time on earth was supposed to be longer.
6. What does Ben do after he drives home from the doctor's office?
(a) Goes to the church.
(b) Goes to tell his brother.
(c) Goes to the Tastee-Freez for ice cream.
(d) Goes for a run.
7. What does the song Ben hears on his player say about dying?
(a) The world is a rotten place so die young.
(b) Dying young and getting a lot of attention.
(c) Waiting until you're too old to die young.
(d) Dying old and in bed.
8. What is Cody's nickname at school?
(a) Big Wolf.
9. Why does Ben go to the doctor about a month before his senior year begins?
(a) For a mandatory physical to participate in school sports.
(b) He has a cold he cannot shake.
(c) He broke his toe.
(d) His mother insists he have a physical every year.
10. What does Ben plan to win in his senior year?
(a) The state cross country meet.
(b) The annual golf tournament.
(c) A scholarship to Harvard.
(d) The most valuable player on the football teach.
11. What does Ben talk to Hey-Soos about in Chapter 6?
(a) His illness.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His time with Dallas.
12. How does Ben fear about dying?
(b) Curious and slightly fearful.
(c) Deeply depressed.
13. What does Ben's therapist encourage him to do?
(a) Get treatment.
(b) Talk to his parents.
(c) Joke a lot.
(d) Stay on task.
14. Where does Dr. Wagner take Ben in August?
(b) Provo, Utah.
(c) Salt Lake City.
(d) New York.
15. What does Dallas ask Ben at lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) If he enjoyed sex with her.
(b) Why he is reading Malcolm X's autobiography.
(c) If he plans to stay on the football team.
(d) When they are going out again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Wagner say about Ben not starting treatment right away?
2. What does Coach want Ben to clear up before he plays football?
3. What affect does grueling practices have on the football team?
4. What does Ben's father say about his wife's illness?
5. What does Ben think most people do in their senior year of high school?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)