• Ben Wolf is a high school student in Idaho who is smart and can probably get into any college. He plans to work very hard in his senior year.
• Ben wants to hold his teachers accountable for the education he is getting, wants to win at track and field and date Dallas Suzuki.
• Ben goes for a routine check-up for school sports and the doctor wants to set up an appointment for Ben and his parents.
• Ben is eighteen and decides to see the doctor on his own. Dr. Wagner wants his parents present, but he points out he is of age.
• The doctor tells him he has a rare blood disease and takes another blood sample to be sure.
• Ben stares out the window and wonders how his mother is going to handle the news. She is not emotionally stable.
• His mother appears to be...
This section contains 3,162 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)