|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vanessa's canvas jacket?
2. In what month is Dirk killed?
3. What has Grandpa Nye always considered to be his friends during his life?
4. What is the time period of Summer Afternoon, Summer Afternoon?
5. Which company did Grandpa Nye work for and eventually run it completely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)