|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Grandpa Nye remain passionate?
2. What did Vanessa's father swallow whole as a joke?
3. Which U.S. President does Grandpa Nye have a lot of interest in?
4. What does Vanessa wait for during the summer vacation?
5. Vanessa stops doing homework to __________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Aunt Janice. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Ancestry and heritage take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Tecumseh. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by writing about Tecumseh in the story?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)