|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandpa Nye spent some of the finest times in his life ___________________.
(a) Drinking cold beer.
(b) Kissing his wife.
(c) Playing baseball.
(d) Paddling canoes.
2. Vanessa has the ______________ of a person far beyond her years.
3. What was the L F B M Club?
(a) The Last Five Big Men.
(b) The Last Five Buddies of the Miami.
(c) The Lively Five of the Blue Miami.
(d) The Lovely Flowers of the Bijou Maiden.
4. Who did Grandpa Nye marry after the death of Grandmother Nye?
(a) Miss Janice.
(b) Miss Julie.
(c) Miss Janine.
(d) Miss Janie.
5. Grandpa Nye's grandfather married the daughter of __________________________.
(a) An industrialist.
(b) A politician.
(c) A Baptist minister.
(d) A diplomat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa Nye have all over the house?
2. How did the L F B M Club members swear their faithfulness?
3. Where did Vanessa's great-great-grandparents eventually settle?
4. How many pictures of Grandmother Nye are hanging in the house?
5. Who did Grandpa Nye marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vanessa keep by her bedside?
2. What is the setting of the "And Here Tecumseh Fell" chapter?
3. What was the origination of Grandpa Nye's father's family?
4. How does Vanessa's father struggle to manage his grief about Grandpa Nye's imminent death?
5. Describe the cat figurine collection at Grandpa Nye's house.
6. What does Grandpa Nye tell Vanessa about the DeGolyer branch of her family tree?
7. How does Vanessa learn that Grandpa Nye is near death?
8. From where did Vanessa's great-great-grandparents come?
9. How do Vanessa and Lisa prepare for the annual family vacation?
10. How does Vanessa begin the story?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)