|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a product of Morgan Burke Company?
2. James DeGolyer came to Canada, moved to Massachusetts and eventually settled in _____________.
(d) New York.
3. In what month is Dirk killed?
4. What is the first book Grandpa Nye ever read?
(a) Arabian Nights.
(b) Gullver's Travels.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) Oliver Twist.
5. Who does Vanessa flirt with all summer?
6. Where is Dirk killed?
(a) On the beach at Normandy.
(b) In France.
(c) On the deck of a ship.
(d) In Germany.
7. What is Vanessa's sister's name?
8. In what month does Dirk visit Vanessa's family while on furlough?
9. What does Vanessa's mother talk to her about while Dirk is in town?
(c) Make up.
10. Vanessa stops doing homework to __________________.
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Help her mother prepare dinner.
11. Which company did Grandpa Nye work for and eventually run it completely?
(a) Cincinnati Gas & Electric.
(b) Procter & Gamble.
(c) United Healthcare of Ohio.
(d) Morgan Burke Company.
12. How old is Grandpa Nye at this point in the story?
13. Grandpa Nye once had a brief career as a ___________________.
(b) Newspaper reporter.
14. From what city does Dirk ship out to service?
(a) New York.
(b) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
15. Which of the following is not a summer activity at the lake?
(d) Fires at the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandpa Nye says that the roads the family will take on vacation are the same paths traveled by _______________ in the Indian campaigns of the 1790s.
2. Which of the following is not how Vanessa describes the cottage?
3. Instead of going to bed, Vaness and Lisa ____________________.
4. Which of the following does Vanessa's family not do when they come for dinner at Grandpa Nye's house?
5. For what does Grandpa Nye remain passionate?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)