|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer Afternoon, Summer Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Grandpa Nye at this point in the story?
2. Who does Vanessa think Grandpa Nye looks like?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Groucho Marx.
(c) Richard Nixon.
3. Which of the following was not a product of Morgan Burke Company?
4. What item of her Uncle Joab's does Vanessa keep by her bed?
(a) A snow globe.
(b) A compass.
(c) A watch.
(d) A book of poetry.
5. What does Grandpa Nye share with schools in Cincinnati for Egyptian studies?
(a) Slides of his trip to Cairo.
(b) A replica of King Tut's tomb.
(c) A muffified cat.
(d) His miniature pyramids.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Vanessa's great-great-grandparents have?
2. Where is Vanessa headed when the story picks up in October?
3. Which U.S. President does Grandpa Nye have a lot of interest in?
4. Instead of going to bed, Vaness and Lisa ____________________.
5. What was Vanessa's great-great-grandfather's profession?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)