|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Blake hit with, knocking him out, when he enters Sally's flat in Chapter 11?
2. What does Blake do when Finney is cut with the chainsaw in Chapter 17?
3. Fenton does not realize that Blake was what in Chapter 13?
4. What does Rachel do which Blake has never seen her do before in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Blake drive after escaping Hoppers in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the newspaper article describe in Chapter 17? How does Blake react to the story?
2. What dream does Blake describe in Chapter 16?
3. How does Blake reflect his foolishness in the ending of Chapter 14?
4. What stops Blake from killing Finney in Chapter 15? How is greed a driving force in Blake's actions?
5. How does Blake's love life reflect that of his "thug life" in Chapter 13?
6. What actions does Blake take in Chapter 12? What does his disguise reflect about his character?
7. How are the characters reflected through a moral lens in Chapter 15?
8. What does Blake discover happening in the garage in Chapter 17?
9. When the action returns to the present in Chapter 11, what obstacles does Blake face?
10. How does Blake awaken in Chapter 11 at Sally's flat? What interaction do Blake and Sally have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of flashback in the narrative and the events described in the fire at Hoppers. How did Blake's actions put Beth at the scene of the fire?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Fenton in the narrative. How did Fenton come to own Hoppers? How long has he been in Mangel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of the River Clunge and the actions of Blake and Finney in Chapter 14. Why does Blake kill Danny by the river? Is he justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)