|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blake remember finding in his bedroom, prompting him to be nicer to Beth in Chapter 19?
2. Blake tells Lee in Chapter 20 that Fenton signed over half of Hoppers to whom?
3. What is the name Jess has given to his chainsaw?
4. What does Finney say happened to the box that Mandy had in Chapter 15?
5. What does Fenton use to get the door to his office unlocked in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blake tell the mechanic when he encounters him in Chapter 18?
2. How does Blake break into the garage in Chapter 17? What happens when he does?
3. Who does Blake encounter when he awakens from his dream in Chapter 16?
4. Where are Blake and Finney in the beginning of Chapter 15? What events does Finney describe?
5. What saves Blake in the end of the novel? What is his mindset in the end of the story?
6. What did Blake do after killing his father? How did it affect his life?
7. What actions does Blake take in Chapter 12? What does his disguise reflect about his character?
8. Why does Blake tell the Muntons that Legs took the doofer in Chapter 20?
9. What does Blake do with Finney in Chapter 17?
10. How do Blake's circumstances improve by coincidence in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Fenton in the narrative. How did Fenton come to own Hoppers? How long has he been in Mangel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of flashback in the narrative and the events described in the fire at Hoppers. How did Blake's actions put Beth at the scene of the fire?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze Blake's actions in the robbery and his protection of Fenton. Why does Blake show loyalty to his boss in this scene?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)