|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Finney admit about the fire in Chapter 15?
2. What does Rachel do which Blake has never seen her do before in Chapter 13?
3. Who is ordered to decapitate Leggsy in Chapter 20?
4. What does Nathan say he knows to Blake and Finney in Chapter 14?
5. Blake and Finney are hiding out in an area where they once robbed who in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Blake tell the Muntons that Legs took the doofer in Chapter 20?
2. What dream does Blake describe in Chapter 16?
3. What does Blake do with Finney in Chapter 17?
4. What actions does Blake take in Chapter 12? What does his disguise reflect about his character?
5. When the action returns to the present in Chapter 11, what obstacles does Blake face?
6. What does Blake discover at the Paul Pry in Chapter 13?
7. What stops Blake from killing Finney in Chapter 15? How is greed a driving force in Blake's actions?
8. What does Blake don as a disguise in Chapter 18? What is Rachel's reaction when she sees him?
9. What confessions take place between Leggsy and Blake in Chapter 19?
10. What did Blake do after killing his father? How did it affect his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of flashback in the narrative and the events described in the fire at Hoppers. How did Blake's actions put Beth at the scene of the fire?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Blake as an antihero. How does an antihero differ from a typical protagonist? How do Blake's actions define his character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism and imagery of East Bloater Road and analyze the actions of the protagonist in Chapter 11. How does Blake become trapped by the Munton brothers?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)