|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Blake kill his father?
2. Chapter 16 begins with Blake dreaming about playing cards with Danny, Beth and who?
3. Who does Jess try to get Finney to confess to killing in Chapter 17?
4. How much money does Blake borrow from Fenton before leaving in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Blake run into on the sidewalk after leaving Hoppers in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saves Blake in the end of the novel? What is his mindset in the end of the story?
2. When the action returns to the present in Chapter 11, what obstacles does Blake face?
3. What happens when the Meat Wagon stops in Chapter 20?
4. How do Blake's circumstances improve by coincidence in Chapter 13?
5. Where are Blake and Finney in the beginning of Chapter 15? What events does Finney describe?
6. What happens when Blake arrives at Sally's flat in Chapter 11?
7. How does Blake break into the garage in Chapter 17? What happens when he does?
8. How does Blake reflect his foolishness in the ending of Chapter 14?
9. What stops Blake from killing Finney in Chapter 15? How is greed a driving force in Blake's actions?
10. What is satirical about Nathan's comments to Blake in the beginning of Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the conflicts established for the protagonist in Chapters 1-4. Why does Blake hope to attack Baz?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Blake as an antihero. How does an antihero differ from a typical protagonist? How do Blake's actions define his character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the imagery and symbolism in Chapter 6. What does the imagery in Blake's dream symbolize in the story?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)