|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Blake lies in bed, thinking about a dream in which Beth complained about him doing what?
(a) Beating someone up.
(b) Cheating on her.
(c) Staying in Mangel.
(d) Killing her.
2. Lee tells Blake that the Munton brothers want his help in robbing who in Chapter 7?
(b) Dan Draper.
3. Where does Blake go in the end of Chapter 2 to drink and watch television?
(b) The Paul Pry.
(c) Leggsy's flat.
(d) The Bilge Pump.
4. Who gets out of the Meat Wagon in Chapter 1?
(a) Tommy Munton.
(b) Baz Munton.
(c) Lee Munton.
(d) Jess Munton.
5. Who is the bartender at the Paul Pry?
(d) Dan Draper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a dirty, white van with the lettering Munton Motors on its side?
2. After the bar closes in Chapter 9, Rachel tells Blake that who wants to talk to him?
3. What does the new owner of Hoppers want to change the name to in Chapter 6?
4. Who shoves Blake against a wall and whispers that he is a wife killer and that he hates him in Chapter 4?
5. Who is the new owner of Hoppers in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee Munton solicit Blake's help for in Chapter 6? How does he coerce Blake?
2. How does the robbery begin in Chapter 10?
3. What robbery does Blake recall before going to the gym in Chapter 6? How does it relate to his situation?
4. What happens when Blake and the Muntons enter Fenton's office in Chapter 10?
5. Why are the Muntons pursuing Blake in Chapter 4? What foreshadowing is used in this chapter?
6. What does Blake ask Sally when he sees her in Chapter 3? What is her reaction?
7. Why does Blake go early to the Paul Pry in Chapter 5?
8. What foreshadowing takes place at the Paul Pry in Chapter 1?
9. How is the Meat Wagon described in Chapter 1? Who does Blake encounter from the Meat Wagon?
10. What is described in the news article which opens the book? To whose point of view does the narrative switch after the article?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)