|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the eldest of the Munton brothers?
2. What does Fin say people are calling Blake behind his back in Chapter 2?
(a) A bottler.
(b) A wanker.
(c) A patsy.
(d) A waffler
3. On whom does Blake demonstrate how he head-butts an opponent in Chapter 1?
(c) Lee Munton.
4. What is Blake's reply when Sally suggests they leave town in Chapter 6?
(a) He was born in Mangel.
(b) Nobody leaves Mangel.
(c) Everybody loves Mangel.
(d) He will die in Mangel.
5. Who shoves Blake against a wall and whispers that he is a wife killer and that he hates him in Chapter 4?
(a) Lee Munton.
(b) Baz Munton.
(c) Jess Munton.
(d) Tommy Munton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bartender at Hoppers?
2. At the end of Chapter 6, Blake gets into his car without noticing a man named what in the back seat?
3. What was the name of Blake's wife?
4. Who does Baz assert Blake killed in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Jess tell Blake to drive in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nathan demand when Blake returns to the Paul Pry in Chapter 5?
2. What leads up to Blake's injuring Leggsy in the bar in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Blake go with Finney after leaving the Paul Pry in Chapter 2?
4. Who follows Blake in the Meat Wagon in Chapter 2? What does he learn from Finney?
5. What causes Baz to get the upper hand in fighting Blake in Chapter 5? What takes place in the fight?
6. What foreshadowing takes place at the Paul Pry in Chapter 1?
7. How does the robbery begin in Chapter 10?
8. How did Blake's wife end up at the site of the fire at Hoppers, as described in Chapter 5?
9. What is described in the news article which opens the book? To whose point of view does the narrative switch after the article?
10. Who does Blake encounter while attempting to hide Baz's body in Chapter 5? What does Blake do?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)