|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bill thinks who might be able to keep Eric in line, but it will be difficult?
2. Bill explains that she should not ever call the vampire anything but what?
3. How does Bill respond when Sookie says she thought vampires were smarter than humans but supposed that was not always the case?
4. Jason's troubles with the law do what?
5. Who is outside the bar and greets Sookie happily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Sookie to change her?
2. How does Sookie find the guilty party?
3. What happens when Rene and Arlene return to pick up the kids?
4. Why is Bill with another human woman?
5. Why are the police so interested in Jason?
6. What do Bill and Sookie both say about their relationship?
7. What are the autopsy results of the murdered women?
8. What does Jason ask Sookie to do? What is her response?
9. What does Bill learn about Sookie?
10. Who is the vampire that joins Bill and Sookie? What has happened to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill is the first vampire Sookie meets.
Part 1) How is Bill intriguing to Sookie? How does he become important in Sookie's life and to the plot of the story? How is this importance foreshadowed?
Part 2) Is Bill a good example of a typical vampire? Why or why not? How does he compare to other vampires? How does he compare to humans?
Part 3) How does Bill affect Sookie's life? Is his affect good, bad, or a little of both? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
A vampire nest is burned to the ground in Monroe.
Part 1) Why is it burned down? What does this reveal about the relationship between these humans and vampires? Might this reflect a more national or global relationship? Why or why not?
Part 2) What might this foreshadow for the future of vampire and human relations?
Part 3) Did these vampires deserve to be destroyed? Why or why not? What would you have done if you had heard this arson was to take place? Why would you do this?
Essay Topic 3
Sam reveals his secret to Sookie.
Part 1) What is this secret? Why does he choose to reveal it to Sookie?
Part 2) How does Sookie react to this secret? Are you surprised by her reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would you have reacted to Sam's secret? Why would you react this way?
Part 4) How might Sam and Sookie's relationship be changed by this revealing of this secret? Why?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)