|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason for the murders?
2. Why does Bill suggest that Sookie drink some of his blood?
3. Sookie's life with Bill does what?
4. Why does Longshadow suddenly go limp and begins to decay in front of her?
5. Who is outside the bar and greets Sookie happily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sookie realizes something is wrong?
2. What do Bill and Sookie both say about their relationship?
3. How does Sookie find the guilty party?
4. How does Sookie find out and stop the killer?
5. How does Arlene surprise Sookie?
6. What does Sookie tell Bill later that evening?
7. What are the autopsy results of the murdered women?
8. What does Bill learn about Sookie?
9. Why does Sam send Sookie home from work?
10. What happens when Rene and Arlene return to pick up the kids?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jason is found covered in blood in his truck.
Part 1) What were your thoughts at this point in the story? What did you think had happened?
Part 2) Did you think that Jason would be convicted of the murders at this point? Why or why not?
Part 3) What other events throughout this story draw in the reader and add suspense and excitement to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Sookie Stackhouse is able to read minds.
Part 1) How does this affect her social life? Why does it affect her social life in this way? How does this also affect her self-esteem?
Part 2) How does she use this ability to help herself and others? How do her experiences throughout this book aid in changing her view of herself?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Sookie were not telepathic? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Sookie has mixed feelings about vampires.
Part 1) What are these feelings? Why are they mixed?
Part 2) How do her feelings change throughout the story? What causes these changes?
Part 3) How do these mixed feelings affect her relationship with Bill and others?
Part 4) Will she and Bill have a long-term relationship? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)