|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A moment between Sam and Sookie is interrupted by whom?
2. Bill explains that he must leave town for a while, but this new vampire will do what?
3. His lawyer, Sid Matt Lancaster tells Jason to do what?
4. What does Sookie reveal about her uncle?
5. Jason makes bail the following day and Sookie meets with him briefly, assuring him what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason ask Sookie to do? What is her response?
2. Why is Bill with another human woman?
3. How does Arlene surprise Sookie?
4. What happens when Sookie is around other people after she receives vampire blood?
5. What has happened to Sookie to change her?
6. What is learned about Jason's case?
7. Why are the police so interested in Jason?
8. What news does Bill give Sookie? How does she respond?
9. What do Bill and Sookie both say about their relationship?
10. What does Sookie tell Bill later that evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vampires are powerful creatures.
Part 1) How is this demonstrated in the story? How does this power affect the humans in the story?
Part 2) Why might Sookie be immune to some of this power? How does this immunity affect her relationship with the vampires? How is she still affected by them? How are they affected by her?
Part 3) What powerful influences exist in our own lives? How does this power affect us?
Essay Topic 2
Sookie Stackhouse is able to read minds.
Part 1) How does this affect her social life? Why does it affect her social life in this way? How does this also affect her self-esteem?
Part 2) How does she use this ability to help herself and others? How do her experiences throughout this book aid in changing her view of herself?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Sookie were not telepathic? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Sam is unusual.
Part 1) How is he unusual? How does Sookie sense this? How is this foreshadowed throughout the story?
Part 2) With the discovery of vampires and oddities such as Sam, what might this reveal about the world in which the story takes place?
Part 3) Might surprises such as these exist in our own world? Why or why not?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)