|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jason is not happy when Sookie does what?
2. A waitress named Ginger is called in and Sookie is able to determine that the woman knows who the thief is but is unable to name the person. Why?
3. How did Sookie protect herself from this man?
4. The autopsy results from the murdered women are returned. What is learned?
5. Sookie goes to the closet to retrieve what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Sookie points out the guilty party?
2. What has happened to Sookie to change her?
3. How is Bill's life threatened?
4. What does Sookie tell Bill later that evening?
5. What does Sookie learn about Sam?
6. What news does Bill give Sookie? How does she respond?
7. How does Sookie find the guilty party?
8. How does Arlene surprise Sookie?
9. Why are the police so interested in Jason?
10. What happens when Sookie is around other people after she receives vampire blood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill is the first vampire Sookie meets.
Part 1) How is Bill intriguing to Sookie? How does he become important in Sookie's life and to the plot of the story? How is this importance foreshadowed?
Part 2) Is Bill a good example of a typical vampire? Why or why not? How does he compare to other vampires? How does he compare to humans?
Part 3) How does Bill affect Sookie's life? Is his affect good, bad, or a little of both? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Sam is unusual.
Part 1) How is he unusual? How does Sookie sense this? How is this foreshadowed throughout the story?
Part 2) With the discovery of vampires and oddities such as Sam, what might this reveal about the world in which the story takes place?
Part 3) Might surprises such as these exist in our own world? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sookie changes from ingesting vampire blood.
Part 1) How has she changed? What does she think about these changes? How do others react to these changes?
Part 2) Could this blood permanently affect Sookie or others? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you think, based on the information given in this book, that Sookie would ever want to be a vampire? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)