|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jason had admitted that he had sex with the girl and says what else?
2. Sookie goes to the closet to retrieve what?
3. What does Eric want Sookie to do?
4. How is Sookie shocked by the murderer?
5. The men in the bar are contemplating what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bill's life threatened?
2. What does Sookie tell Bill later that evening?
3. What is learned about Jason's case?
4. What does Sookie learn about Sam?
5. How does Arlene surprise Sookie?
6. Why does Eric need Sookie's help?
7. What has happened to Sookie to change her?
8. What happens when Sookie is around other people after she receives vampire blood?
9. What are the autopsy results of the murdered women?
10. What does Bill learn about Sookie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sookie Stackhouse is able to read minds.
Part 1) How does this affect her social life? Why does it affect her social life in this way? How does this also affect her self-esteem?
Part 2) How does she use this ability to help herself and others? How do her experiences throughout this book aid in changing her view of herself?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Sookie were not telepathic? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The murders occur due to a hatred of vampires.
Part 1) Why does the murderer hate vampires? Why does he react the way he does?
Part 2) Does this attitude toward vampires reflect the attitude of many? What other hate crimes take place in this story? Can these human/vampire issues be resolved? Why or why not?
Part 3) What hate crimes take place in our own world? Why do these crimes take place? How can we work to make our world a safer and happier place?
Essay Topic 3
Sookie's grandmother is murdered.
Part 1) Why is she murdered? How does her death affect Sookie and Jason?
Part 2) How does Sookie cope with her grandmother's death? Are you surprised at how she handles her grief and loss? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does her death and funeral reveal about Gran? How will the loss of Gran change Sookie's life?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)