|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sookie feel about Sam exposing her bite mark?
2. Eric wants to know how Bill knows that there is going to be an occurrence at the bar. What does Sookie do?
3. Sookie explains that every time she and Bill do anything it is at whose suggestion?
4. Into what room does Sookie decide to move?
5. From where is Sookie Stackhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie do when she arrives at Fangtasia?
2. What happens when Sookie arrives at Bill's home?
3. What do the Rattrays plan to do to the vampire? Why do they want to do this?
4. Of whom does Sookie remind Rene Lenier?
5. What happens after the funeral?
6. How is Sookie and Bill's evening disrupted?
7. What does Andy Bellefleur do when he comes into Merlotte's?
8. Why do both Bill and Sookie think that the murderer is not a vampire? Who might be the killer?
9. What disturbing information does JB du Rone give Sookie?
10. What do Terry Bellefleur and Sookie discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a love triangle involving Bill, Sam, and Sookie.
Part 1) How do each of the characters deal with this?
Part 2) Why does this love triangle exist? Is it ever resolved? If so, how? If not, why not?
Part 3) How might this progress if the story continued, especially now that Eric seems interested in Sookie as well? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Sookie and Bill visit Fangtasia.
Part 1) What is Fangtasia? Why does it exist? Why is it thriving?
Part 2) How might this place reflect the attitudes of the people in this world?
Part 3) What exists in our own reality that resembles Fangtasia? Compare Fangtasia to this institution in our own culture.
Essay Topic 3
Eric demands that Sookie return to Fangtasia.
Part 1) Why does he demand this of her? How does he have the power to tell Sookie and Bill what to do?
Part 2) What might happen if Sookie refuses? Should she have refused? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is Eric indebted to Sookie? Can Sookie take advantage of this? Why or why not? Could her connection with Eric come in handy? Why or why not?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)