|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Sookie lived with her grandmother in the family home?
2. Sookie sees the vampire leaving with whom?
3. What is Sookie able to do?
4. How does Sookie warn Malcolm about his human companion?
5. What awakens Sookie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bill not happy with Eric?
2. What does Andy Bellefleur do when he comes into Merlotte's?
3. How are the Rattrays killed?
4. About what does Bill speak at the meeting of the Descendants of the Glorious Dead?
5. What happens at Bill's home later that night?
6. What surprising news does Jason give his sister and grandmother the next day? How do the two women react to this news?
7. What changes Bill and Sookie's relationship?
8. How does Sam pleasantly surprise Sookie?
9. How does Sookie save Eric and Pam during the police raid?
10. About what do Gran and Bill talk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sookie works as a waitress at a bar.
Part 1) Is she your stereotypical waitress? Why or why not? Why might she be a waitress? Does she enjoy her job? Why or why not?
Part 2) If Sookie had another career, what would it be? Why? Why might the author have chosen to make Sookie a waitress?
Part 3) How does Sookie's work as a waitress affect how people perceive her? Why is this? How does this affect her? How does this reflect real life?
Essay Topic 2
Jason is found covered in blood in his truck.
Part 1) What were your thoughts at this point in the story? What did you think had happened?
Part 2) Did you think that Jason would be convicted of the murders at this point? Why or why not?
Part 3) What other events throughout this story draw in the reader and add suspense and excitement to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Bill is the first vampire Sookie meets.
Part 1) How is Bill intriguing to Sookie? How does he become important in Sookie's life and to the plot of the story? How is this importance foreshadowed?
Part 2) Is Bill a good example of a typical vampire? Why or why not? How does he compare to other vampires? How does he compare to humans?
Part 3) How does Bill affect Sookie's life? Is his affect good, bad, or a little of both? Explain.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)