|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two discuss the deaths of the women and decide what?
2. How does Bill feel about seeing Sookie with Sam?
3. How does a typical night become something special?
4. To whom does Gran wonder if the vampire would speak?
5. When had Vampires been legally recognized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie do when she arrives at Fangtasia?
2. About what does Bill speak at the meeting of the Descendants of the Glorious Dead?
3. How does Sookie deal with her grief over her Gran's death?
4. How do others react to Sookie's relationship with Bill?
5. What does Sam want Sookie to do for him? What does she find?
6. What happens at Bill's home later that night?
7. What disturbing information does JB du Rone give Sookie?
8. How do others react to Sookie's dress?
9. Who is Sookie Stackhouse? Why does she not have many friends?
10. How does Sookie react when she realizes she cannot read the vampire's thoughts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jason and Bill are both under suspicion for the murders.
Part 1) Why are they each suspects? should they be suspects? Why or why not?
Part 2) Is this case dealt with appropriately? Why or why not?
Part 3) Can this case be solved by the police alone? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The murders occur due to a hatred of vampires.
Part 1) Why does the murderer hate vampires? Why does he react the way he does?
Part 2) Does this attitude toward vampires reflect the attitude of many? What other hate crimes take place in this story? Can these human/vampire issues be resolved? Why or why not?
Part 3) What hate crimes take place in our own world? Why do these crimes take place? How can we work to make our world a safer and happier place?
Essay Topic 3
A vampire nest is burned to the ground in Monroe.
Part 1) Why is it burned down? What does this reveal about the relationship between these humans and vampires? Might this reflect a more national or global relationship? Why or why not?
Part 2) What might this foreshadow for the future of vampire and human relations?
Part 3) Did these vampires deserve to be destroyed? Why or why not? What would you have done if you had heard this arson was to take place? Why would you do this?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)