|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jason Stackhouse, Sookie's brother, feel about Sookie's altercation with the Rattrays?
2. How does Bill feel about seeing Sookie with Sam?
3. How does Sookie offer to help Bill?
4. When had Vampires been legally recognized?
5. Afterward, Bill uses what to soothe Sookie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sookie react when she realizes she cannot read the vampire's thoughts?
2. What do Terry Bellefleur and Sookie discuss?
3. About what do Sam and Sookie talk over coffee?
4. What happens when Sookie goes to see the damage done to the Rattray's trailer?
5. What does Sookie learn about Bill?
6. How are the Rattrays killed?
7. About what does Bill speak at the meeting of the Descendants of the Glorious Dead?
8. Who is Sookie Stackhouse? Why does she not have many friends?
9. What does Sookie do when she arrives at Fangtasia?
10. What disturbing information does JB du Rone give Sookie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sookie Stackhouse is able to read minds.
Part 1) How does this affect her social life? Why does it affect her social life in this way? How does this also affect her self-esteem?
Part 2) How does she use this ability to help herself and others? How do her experiences throughout this book aid in changing her view of herself?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Sookie were not telepathic? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Sookie reveals her talents to Eric.
Part 1) Why does she do this? What does this reveal about her?
Part 2) how does this use of her talents affect her and others? How might this act continue to affect her life?
Part 3) Will Sookie's life ever return to normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Several women are murdered in this story.
Part 1) By whom are they murdered? How are they murdered? Why are they murdered? How do these murders progress the plot?
Part 2) How do each of the murders affect Sookie and the other members of the Bon Temps community?
Part 3) Is the murderer a surprise? Why or why not? How is the identity of the murderer foreshadowed throughout the story?
Part 4) Could Sookie have realized the identity of the murderer without her telepathic powers? Why or why not?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)