|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what room does Sookie decide to move?
2. Recovered from the ordeal with the detective, Sookie is pleasantly surprised when what happens?
3. How long has Sookie lived with her grandmother in the family home?
4. Why does Rene Lenier call from across the street?
5. Sookie discusses things with Terry who automatically connects Dawn's death with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sookie goes to see the damage done to the Rattray's trailer?
2. What happens after the funeral?
3. Why is Bill not happy with Eric?
4. How are the Rattrays killed?
5. What happens when Sam finds Sookie upset at work? How does Sookie feel about this?
6. About what do Gran and Bill talk?
7. Of whom does Sookie remind Rene Lenier?
8. About what does Bill speak at the meeting of the Descendants of the Glorious Dead?
9. What happens when Eric asks how Bill knew there would be a raid?
10. About what do Sam and Sookie talk over coffee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sookie changes from ingesting vampire blood.
Part 1) How has she changed? What does she think about these changes? How do others react to these changes?
Part 2) Could this blood permanently affect Sookie or others? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you think, based on the information given in this book, that Sookie would ever want to be a vampire? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sookie reveals her talents to Eric.
Part 1) Why does she do this? What does this reveal about her?
Part 2) how does this use of her talents affect her and others? How might this act continue to affect her life?
Part 3) Will Sookie's life ever return to normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
A vampire nest is burned to the ground in Monroe.
Part 1) Why is it burned down? What does this reveal about the relationship between these humans and vampires? Might this reflect a more national or global relationship? Why or why not?
Part 2) What might this foreshadow for the future of vampire and human relations?
Part 3) Did these vampires deserve to be destroyed? Why or why not? What would you have done if you had heard this arson was to take place? Why would you do this?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)