• Sookie Stackhouse is a 25-year-old waitress in Bon Temps, Louisiana who is able to read minds.
• Sookie meets her first vampire at work; Sookie realizes that the Rattrays plan to drain the vampire and sell his blood.
• Sookie attacks the Rattrays, foiling their plans; the couple leaves angrily, vowing revenge.
• Sookie removes the silver chains bound around the vampire; she realizes she cannot read his mind.
• The vampire introduces himself as Bill and asks Sookie what she is; replying that she is a waitress, Sookie returns to work.
• That night after work, Sookie discusses meeting the vampire with her grandmother, Adele Hale Stackhouse.
• Gran wonders if the vampire would speak to her group, The Descendants of the Glorious Dead, and Sookie promises to ask him.
• Jason Stackhouse, Sookie's brother arrives and tells the two women that Maudette Pickens had been murdered the night before.
• Maudette was...
This section contains 2,857 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)