|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Andrey?
2. How much money does Vassilyevitch have?
(a) 800,000 rubles.
(b) 1 billion rubles.
(c) 3 million rubles.
(d) 10 million rubles.
3. To whom does Tchitchikov tell the general his uncle might leave his house?
(a) His butler.
(b) The serf he has been having an affair with.
(c) His housekeeper's children.
(d) His illegitimate son.
4. What is Tchitchikov doing when Nozdroyov comes into his room?
(a) Hanging a painting.
(b) Tying his shoes.
(d) Pouring tea.
5. How far away is the general's house from Andrey's house?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 13 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 7 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tchitchikov tells Skudronzhoglo he has never met anyone as what as him?
2. How much money does Tchitchikov make per year at his first job?
3. What is the relationship between Platon and Skudronzhoglo?
4. During what month is Tchitchikov supposed to marry the head clerk's daughter?
5. How many bottles of champagne does Tchitchikov drink with the man he buys land from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vassilyevitch offer to help Hlobuev with his money problems?
2. Why is Tchitchikov interested in Platon?
3. Why do Tchitchikov and Platon set out on a journey together?
4. How does Tchitchikov feel about General Betrishtchev when he meets him?
5. Why does Madame Korobotcha come to N?
6. What does Andrey do for work?
7. What reason does Tchitchikov give for why he wants to buy General Betrishtchev's dead souls?
8. Why do the men of N. decide they do not want to be associated with Tchitchikov?
9. What gossip does Sofia tell Anna?
10. Why do people assume that Tchitchikov caused the prosecutor's death?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)