|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Andrey?
2. Who tries to convince Andrey not to leave his job?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
3. From whose house is Tchitchikov banned?
(a) The city clerk.
(c) The president.
(d) The governor.
4. How long does it take Tchitchikov to get to the general's house?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) 1 hour.
5. Who does Petrushka become friends with?
(b) The governor's daughter.
(c) Andrey's housekeeper.
(d) Andrey's kitchen boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political leader do some townspeople think Tchitchikov might be?
2. Where does Tchitchikov go to work as soon as his schooling is over?
3. Who arrives in N at the start of Part 1, Chapter 9?
4. How much money does Tchitchikov make per year at his first job?
5. Who do Anna and Sofia think is helping Tchitchikov with his plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrey quit his first job in Petersburg?
2. Why is Tchitchikov interested in Platon?
3. Why do people assume that Tchitchikov caused the prosecutor's death?
4. Why is Tchitchikov thrown in prison in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. Why does Tchitchikov get a late start on his day the morning after Nozdroyov visits him?
6. What does Skudronzhoglo tell Tchitchikov about getting rich?
7. Why does Nozdroyov go to visit Tchitchikov?
8. Why does Tchitchikov spend time in prison prior to coming to N?
9. What happens when Tchitchikov tries to go to the governor's house?
10. What reason does Tchitchikov give for why he wants to buy General Betrishtchev's dead souls?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)