|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose house is Tchitchikov banned?
(a) The city clerk.
(b) The governor.
(c) The president.
2. Why does Tchitchikov borrow money?
(a) To buy land.
(b) To bribe the general.
(c) To buy more souls.
(d) To buy a present for the general's daughter.
3. Who does the man selling his land to Tchitchikov refuse to ask for money?
(a) His mother.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His son.
(d) His aunt.
4. How does Platon plan to be entertained?
(a) By purchasing more souls.
(b) By opening a shop in town.
(c) By playing in a band.
(d) By traveling with Tchitchikov.
5. How old is Andrey?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the laborer say it will take to fix the chaise?
2. How does Platon seem to feel about life?
3. Tchitchikov tells Skudronzhoglo he has never met anyone as what as him?
4. What is Andrey's job?
5. Why does Andrey quit his job in Petersburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tchitchikov thrown in prison in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. What does Andrey do for work?
3. Why do the men of N. decide they do not want to be associated with Tchitchikov?
4. What does Skudronzhoglo tell Tchitchikov about getting rich?
5. Describe Ulinka's appearance.
6. Why is Tchitchikov interested in Platon?
7. Why does Andrey quit his first job in Petersburg?
8. How does the general react when Tchitchikov tells him that Andrey is sorry for their disagreement?
9. Why does Tchitchikov spend time in prison prior to coming to N?
10. Why is Tchitchikov happy to make Skudronzhoglo's acquaintance?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)