|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nozdroyov reveal to Tchitchikov in Part 1: Chapter 4?
(a) He never finished school.
(b) He has a drinking problem.
(c) He has gambled away a lot of money.
(d) He has been cheating on his wife.
2. How long does it take Tchitchikov to prepare the paperwork for the official purchase of his dead souls?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 3 hours.
3. With how many servants does Tchitchikov travel?
4. How old does Plyushkin say he is?
(a) In his 60s.
(b) In his 70s.
(c) In his 40s.
(d) In his 50s.
5. What does Tchitchikov order for dinner in Part 1: Chapter 4?
(b) Roasted duck.
(c) Peas and cabbage.
(d) Sucking pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nozdroyov try to get Tchitchikov to buy?
2. What does Plyushkin wish he had given Tchitchikov after he leaves?
3. How many stories does the government building have?
4. Who does the president have in mind to look after Tchitchikov's peasants?
5. What color is Tchitchikov's leather trunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Korobotcha's house.
2. How does the narrator describe Nozdroyov's character?
3. How does Tchitchikov feel when looking at his list of acquired souls?
4. How does Madame Korobotcha react when Tchitchikov wants to buy her dead souls?
5. Why does Tchitchikov decide to try his scheme on Manilov even though he has just met him?
6. Describe Tchitchikov's hotel room.
7. How do the women at the ball feel about Tchitchikov's interest in the general's daughter?
8. What does the Narrator say about the women of N?
9. What does Tchitchikov see as he approaches Sobakevitch's house?
10. Why do the people of N. take such an interest in Tchitchikov?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)