|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sleepless nights does Madame Korobotcha spend worrying about being cheated?
2. What does Nozdroyov reveal to Tchitchikov in Part 1: Chapter 4?
(a) He has gambled away a lot of money.
(b) He has been cheating on his wife.
(c) He has a drinking problem.
(d) He never finished school.
3. What does Madame Korobotcha have pictures of on the walls?
(c) Greek gods.
4. What color are Manilov's eyes?
5. What is the name of the clerk Tchitchikov must speak to in order to complete his transaction?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many souls does Tchitchikov have at the start of Part 1, Chapter 7?
2. What piece of furniture is unfinished in Manilov's study?
3. What color is the ribbon tied around the paperwork documenting Manilov's serfs?
4. How are most of the women of N shaped?
5. What hobby does Petrushka enjoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nozdroyov do when he arrives at the ball?
2. What does Tchitchikov ask the servant at the hotel?
3. How does Tchitchikov feel when looking at his list of acquired souls?
4. Why is everyone in town talking about Tchitchikov at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Why does Tchitchikov need to go to the government building?
6. Why is Plyushkin so miserable?
7. How does the narrator describe Nozdroyov's character?
8. Why does Manilov decide to sell his dead souls to Tchitchikov?
9. Why does Petrushka smell bad?
10. Describe Madame Korobotcha's house.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)