|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is painted on Madame Korobotcha's clock?
2. What does Sobakevitch tell Tchitchikov about Plyushkin?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is a thief.
(d) He is effeminate.
3. For how much does Sobakevitch finally agree to sell his dead souls?
(a) 75 rubles.
(b) 2.5 rubles.
(c) 10.5 rubles.
(d) 20 rubles.
4. Why are the townspeople interested in Tchitchikov?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He is new.
(d) He is strong.
5. What do Tchitchikov and Selifan hear while traveling in the rain that makes them realize they have reached a village?
(a) A barking dog.
(b) A braying mule.
(c) A singing bird.
(d) A meowing cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tchitchikov order for dinner in Part 1: Chapter 4?
2. What does Tchitchikov notice about the peasant houses leading up to Sobakevitch's house?
3. What does Tchitchikov often say about Petrushka?
4. How much does Tchitchikov pay Plyushkin for each of his dead souls?
5. What talent of the governor's impresses Tchitchikov?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Manilov decide to sell his dead souls to Tchitchikov?
2. Why is everyone in town talking about Tchitchikov at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 8?
3. Describe Plyushkin's estate.
4. What does the Narrator say about the women of N?
5. Why do the people of N. take such an interest in Tchitchikov?
6. How do the people at the police captain's house treat Tchitchikov at the end of Part 1, Chapter 7?
7. How does Tchitchikov feel when looking at his list of acquired souls?
8. What does Tchitchikov see as he approaches Sobakevitch's house?
9. How does Tchitchikov make himself feel better about not going after the young girl he meets?
10. Why does Petrushka smell bad?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)