|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tchitchikov meet with Nozdroyov in Part 1: Chapter 4?
(b) A tavern.
(c) In the forest.
(d) A government function.
2. How many stories does the government building have?
3. What day of the week does Tchitchikov bathe?
4. Where does Tchitchikov plan to go when he leaves Manilov's house?
(a) Back to the hotel.
(b) To see the police master.
(c) To see Sobakevitch.
(d) To church.
5. How many souls does Tchitchikov have at the start of Part 1, Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Plyushkin's eldest daughter run off?
2. How do the homes of the Plyushkin's serfs look?
3. What does Tchitchikov accuse Selifan of in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Sobakevitch's wife?
5. Where does Sobakevitch tell Tchitchikov he should not go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Plyushkin so miserable?
2. What does Sobakevitch say about Plyushkin?
3. Why does Tchitchikov decide to try his scheme on Manilov even though he has just met him?
4. What does the Narrator say about the women of N?
5. What does Tchitchikov ask the servant at the hotel?
6. How does Madame Korobotcha react when Tchitchikov wants to buy her dead souls?
7. Why does Tchitchikov need to go to the government building?
8. What does Tchitchikov see as he approaches Sobakevitch's house?
9. Describe Madame Korobotcha's house.
10. How does Sobakevitch speak about the people with whom Tchitchikov has become friends?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)