|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how much does Sobakevitch finally agree to sell his dead souls?
(a) 75 rubles.
(b) 2.5 rubles.
(c) 20 rubles.
(d) 10.5 rubles.
2. How many dead souls does Plyushkin own?
3. What is the name of Plyushkin's eldest daughter?
4. Where does Sobakevitch tell Tchitchikov he should not go?
(a) To Plyushkin's house.
(b) To his serf graveyard.
(c) To find the young girl he met.
(d) To the prison to see Nozdroyov.
5. With how many servants does Tchitchikov travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tchitchikov tell Nozdroyov he wants to impress?
2. How old is the beautiful girl Tchitchikov bumps his chaise into?
3. What does Sobakevitch tell Tchitchikov about Plyushkin?
4. How many of the servants of Madame Korobotcha died?
5. How many sleepless nights does Madame Korobotcha spend worrying about being cheated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sobakevitch speak about the people with whom Tchitchikov has become friends?
2. Why does the narrator not go into detail about Selifan?
3. Why does Manilov decide to sell his dead souls to Tchitchikov?
4. Why does Madame Korobotcha sell her souls to Tchitchikov?
5. How does Tchitchikov spend his first day in N?
6. What does Tchitchikov see as he approaches Sobakevitch's house?
7. Why is everyone in town talking about Tchitchikov at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 8?
8. What does Nozdroyov do when he arrives at the ball?
9. What happens when Tchitchikov asks the clerk to complete his sales?
10. Why does become Nozdroyov become angry with Tchitchikov and attacks him?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)