|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Plyushkin's wife give him?
2. How many souls does Tchitchikov have at the start of Part 1, Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of Plyushkin's eldest daughter?
4. What does Tchitchikov ask the servant at the hotel about?
(a) The religious beliefs of the hotel owner.
(b) The prominent people in town.
(c) The single women in town.
(d) The job openings in town.
5. What does Tchitchikov often say about Petrushka?
(a) He smells.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) He has a terrible voice.
(d) He is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are most of the women of N shaped?
2. How many stories does the government building have?
3. What is the name of Sobakevitch's wife?
4. What color is the ribbon tied around the paperwork documenting Manilov's serfs?
5. Whom does Tchitchikov tell Sobakevitch he likes the most of everyone he has met?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Petrushka smell bad?
2. What does Sobakevitch say about Plyushkin?
3. What does Nozdroyov do when he arrives at the ball?
4. Why does Plyushkin sell his dead souls to Tchitchikov?
5. What does the Narrator say about the women of N?
6. How does Tchitchikov feel when looking at his list of acquired souls?
7. Why does Madame Korobotcha sell her souls to Tchitchikov?
8. How does Sobakevitch speak about the people with whom Tchitchikov has become friends?
9. How does Tchitchikov spend his first day in N?
10. Describe Tchitchikov's hotel room.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)