|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skudronzhoglo's first name?
2. Why is Tchitchikov imprisoned?
(b) Forging papers.
(c) Public drunkenness.
(d) Tampering with the dead.
3. What do the men of N start to think Tchitchikov is?
(a) A German.
(b) A spy.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A wanted criminal.
4. Why has Tchitchikov not heard any of the rumors going around about him?
(a) He has been in a drunken stupor.
(b) He has been busy buying property.
(c) He has been visiting another town.
(d) He has been sick.
5. Who does the man selling his land to Tchitchikov refuse to ask for money?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His son.
(d) His mother.
6. Why does Tchitchikov borrow money?
(a) To buy land.
(b) To buy a present for the general's daughter.
(c) To bribe the general.
(d) To buy more souls.
7. Who do Anna and Sofia think is helping Tchitchikov with his plan?
8. How far away is the general's house from Andrey's house?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 7 miles.
(d) 13 miles.
9. What do customs officials give Tchitchikov out of the kindness of their hearts when he gets out of prison?
(a) A comb.
10. Why does Sofia begin to defend herself to Anna?
(a) Sofia feels like Anna thinks she has a crush on Tchitchikov.
(b) Anna tells Sofia that her outfit is out of style.
(c) Sofia does not want Anna to know that she is in love with Manilov.
(d) Anna accuses Sofia of trying to buy dead souls.
11. During what month is Tchitchikov supposed to marry the head clerk's daughter?
12. From whose house is Tchitchikov banned?
(a) The city clerk.
(b) The president.
(d) The governor.
13. Where do Platon and Tchitchikov go during Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) To buy a new chaise.
(b) To the bank.
(c) To the house of Pyetuh's neighbor.
(d) To the house of Platon's sister.
14. Who helps Tchitchikov get out of prison?
15. How much money is Tchitchikov given when he gets out of prison?
(a) 1,000 rubles.
(b) 7,000 rubles.
(c) 10,000 rubles.
(d) 15,000 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the general serve Tchitchikov for dinner?
2. Why do Anna and Sofia think Tchitchikov buys dead souls?
3. What is the relationship between Platon and Skudronzhoglo?
4. Why does Selifan not have the chaise ready for Tchitchikov?
5. How much money does Hlobuev receive when his aunt dies?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)