|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Corinthian columns are outside the general's house?
2. What does Sofia say is no longer in style?
(c) Empire waists.
3. Who tries to convince Andrey not to leave his job?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
4. To whom is Anna married?
(a) The minister.
(b) The public prosecutor.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The grocer.
5. Whose house does Tchitchikov visit at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 3?
6. What is the one physical flaw of the general's daughter?
(a) She has gray hair.
(b) She is too thin.
(c) She is too short.
(d) She is too plump.
7. Whom is Tchitchikov going to meet at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A minister.
8. How many souls does Tchitchikov say his uncle owns?
9. Why does Andrey leave the general's house?
(a) He finds out that the general's daughter is engaged.
(b) The general's daughter tells him to leave.
(c) He realizes he forgot to turn off the stove.
(d) He feels neglected.
10. Why is Tchitchikov imprisoned?
(a) Public drunkenness.
(b) Tampering with the dead.
(c) Forging papers.
11. What does Sofia argue with Anna about?
(a) The paleness of the governor's daughter.
(b) The appeal of Tchitchikov.
(c) The time of a dinner party.
(d) The reason for Korobotcha's arrival.
12. What does Andrey wear most of the time?
(a) His dressing gown.
(b) His bow tie.
(c) His top hat.
(d) His overcoat.
13. What do the men of N start to think Tchitchikov is?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A wanted criminal.
(c) A spy.
(d) A German.
14. How long does the laborer say it will take to fix the chaise?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
15. How does Platon plan to be entertained?
(a) By traveling with Tchitchikov.
(b) By playing in a band.
(c) By purchasing more souls.
(d) By opening a shop in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do customs officials give Tchitchikov out of the kindness of their hearts when he gets out of prison?
2. How does Tchitchikov impress Lyenitsyn?
3. How many souls does Platon own?
4. How many houses are on the land Tchitchikov buys?
5. Who is the man that sells Tchitchikov his land?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)