|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skudronzhoglo's first name?
2. Why does Captain Kopeykin become angry and disappear?
(a) He is considered a war criminal for torturing a man.
(b) He is asked to fight in another war.
(c) He comes home from war to find his wife has left him.
(d) He is not given a pension.
3. What does Sofia argue with Anna about?
(a) The reason for Korobotcha's arrival.
(b) The paleness of the governor's daughter.
(c) The appeal of Tchitchikov.
(d) The time of a dinner party.
4. To whom is Anna married?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The grocer.
(c) The public prosecutor.
(d) The minister.
5. According to Nozdroyov, why does Derebin's aunt leave her property to him?
(a) Her son married a serf.
(b) Her children died.
(c) Derebin was better to her than her own son was.
(d) She had no children.
6. Why has Tchitchikov not heard any of the rumors going around about him?
(a) He has been sick.
(b) He has been in a drunken stupor.
(c) He has been visiting another town.
(d) He has been busy buying property.
7. How many serfs is Tchitchikov given when he gets out of prison?
8. What political leader do some townspeople think Tchitchikov might be?
(b) George Washington.
(c) King George III.
(d) Thomas Lawrence.
9. Tchitchikov tells Skudronzhoglo he has never met anyone as what as him?
10. During what month is Tchitchikov supposed to marry the head clerk's daughter?
11. What does Tchitchikov tell Andrey he is missing?
(a) The right tools to keep up his land.
(b) A best friend.
(c) A wife.
(d) Proper control of his serfs.
12. What is Andrey's housekeeper fond of?
(a) Playing cards.
13. How much money does Tchitchikov want to pay for the land he buys?
(a) 50,000 rubles.
(b) 10,000 rubles.
(c) 25,000 rubles.
(d) 1,000 rubles.
14. Why does Selifan not have the chaise ready for Tchitchikov?
(a) An axel is broken.
(b) A wheel is broken.
(c) The harnesses have come off.
(d) Selifan ran the chaise into a tree.
15. How many souls does Platon own?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Andrey when he goes away to school?
2. Where do Platon and Tchitchikov go during Part 2, Chapter 3?
3. What does Andrey wear most of the time?
4. What are the names of Anna's dogs?
5. Who believes Tchitchikov is Captain Kopeykin?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)