|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Corinthian columns are outside the general's house?
2. To whom does Tchitchikov tell the general his uncle might leave his house?
(a) His butler.
(b) The serf he has been having an affair with.
(c) His housekeeper's children.
(d) His illegitimate son.
3. Why has Tchitchikov not heard any of the rumors going around about him?
(a) He has been sick.
(b) He has been busy buying property.
(c) He has been in a drunken stupor.
(d) He has been visiting another town.
4. Who does the man selling his land to Tchitchikov refuse to ask for money?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His son.
(d) His mother.
5. What is the relationship between Platon and Skudronzhoglo?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
6. Who helps Tchitchikov get out of prison?
7. Who does Petrushka become friends with?
(a) Andrey's housekeeper.
(c) The governor's daughter.
(d) Andrey's kitchen boy.
8. How much money does Vassilyevitch have?
(a) 3 million rubles.
(b) 10 million rubles.
(c) 1 billion rubles.
(d) 800,000 rubles.
9. How many serfs is Tchitchikov given when he gets out of prison?
10. How many souls does Tchitchikov say his uncle owns?
11. What does Tchitchikov tell the general that Andrey is writing about?
(a) 16th century sonnets.
(b) European fashion trends.
(d) Generals in the war of 1812.
12. Who arrives in N at the start of Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Madame Korobotcha.
13. Who do Anna and Sofia think is helping Tchitchikov with his plan?
14. What is Andrey's housekeeper fond of?
(d) Playing cards.
15. What does Andrey wear most of the time?
(a) His bow tie.
(b) His top hat.
(c) His dressing gown.
(d) His overcoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nozdroyov tell Tchitchikov that he came to visit him?
2. Why could Tchitchikov not be Captain Kopeykin?
3. What does Tchitchikov compare his life to when introducing himself to the general?
4. What color is Sofia's house?
5. What do the men of N start to think Tchitchikov is?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)