|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tchitchikov respond when Sobakevitch agrees to sell his dead souls?
(a) He is paranoid.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He is angry.
2. Where does the president invite Tchitchikov and Manilov?
(a) To the police-chief's home.
(b) To a tavern.
(c) To a play.
(d) To his home.
3. What is the name of Sobakevitch's wife?
4. What day of the week does Tchitchikov bathe?
5. How many stories does the government building have?
6. Why does Manilov sell Tchitchikov his dead souls?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) He is afraid of looking stupid.
(c) He wants to cheat Tchitchikov.
(d) His wife tells him to.
7. How long does it take Tchitchikov to prepare the paperwork for the official purchase of his dead souls?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
8. How many dead souls does Plyushkin own?
9. How much does the president believe a good steward costs?
(a) 8,000 rubles.
(b) 10,000 rubles.
(c) 3,000 rubles.
(d) 1,000 rubles.
10. Who does the girl Tchitchikov runs into with his chaise turn out to be?
(a) The police chief's sister.
(b) The governor's daughter.
(c) The president's wife.
(d) The postmaster's niece.
11. Who does the president have in mind to look after Tchitchikov's peasants?
(a) Pyotr Samoylovich.
(b) Vadik Cherlina.
(c) Adrian Dauksza.
(d) Filet Rusakov.
12. What is Tchitchikov's first name?
13. What does Nozdroyov try to get Tchitchikov to buy?
(b) Pocket watch.
(c) A dog.
(d) A necklace.
14. What talent of the governor's impresses Tchitchikov?
15. What does Tchitchikov ask the servant at the hotel about?
(a) The job openings in town.
(b) The single women in town.
(c) The prominent people in town.
(d) The religious beliefs of the hotel owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the servants of Madame Korobotcha died?
2. What game does Tchitchikov and Nozdroyov play?
3. What does Petrushka do for Tchitchikov?
4. How far does Manilov say his house is from town?
5. What animal does Tchitchikov think Sobakevitch looks like?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)