|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the servants of Madame Korobotcha died?
2. What does Tchitchikov order for dinner in Part 1: Chapter 4?
(a) Roasted duck.
(b) Peas and cabbage.
(c) Sucking pig.
3. In what Ianguage do the women of N often speak?
4. What day of the week does Tchitchikov bathe?
5. How old is Nozdroyov?
6. About what time is it when Tchitchikov wakes up when he spends the night at Madame Korobotcha's?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
7. Who comes into Nozdroyov's house looking for him?
(a) His drug dealer.
(b) A priest.
(c) The police-captain.
(d) His servant.
8. What does Nozdroyov tell everyone at the police chief's ball?
(a) That Tchitchikov is already married.
(b) That Tchitchikov deals in dead souls.
(c) That Tchitchikov killed all of his serfs.
(d) That Tchitchikov consorts with criminals.
9. For how much does Sobakevitch finally agree to sell his dead souls?
(a) 75 rubles.
(b) 20 rubles.
(c) 2.5 rubles.
(d) 10.5 rubles.
10. What does Sobakevitch tell Tchitchikov about Plyushkin?
(a) He is a thief.
(b) He is cruel.
(c) He is effeminate.
(d) He is poor.
11. Who does the girl Tchitchikov runs into with his chaise turn out to be?
(a) The governor's daughter.
(b) The president's wife.
(c) The police chief's sister.
(d) The postmaster's niece.
12. What color is the government building where Tchitchikov has to complete his dead soul sale?
13. What has Nozdroyov been doing when he meets with Tchitchikov?
(c) Riding his horse.
14. How many souls does Tchitchikov have at the start of Part 1, Chapter 7?
15. How much does Tchitchikov pay Plyushkin for each of his dead souls?
(a) 30 kopeks.
(b) 10 kopeks.
(c) 20 kopeks.
(d) 4 kopeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople interested in Tchitchikov?
2. How old is Manilov's oldest child?
3. Which horse does Selifan become angry with?
4. How does Tchitchikov respond when Sobakevitch agrees to sell his dead souls?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, why do people become more attracted to Tchitchikov?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)