|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter 5 (pages 351 - 384).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tchitchikov really want to buy dead souls?
(a) To practice black magic.
(b) To impress a woman.
(c) To give as gifts.
(d) To be able to purchase land.
2. What color is Sofia's house?
3. How do the homes of the Plyushkin's serfs look?
(b) Architecturally pleasing.
4. What does the narrator compare Russia to?
(a) A troika.
(b) A polar bear.
(c) A tank.
(d) A young child.
5. How many bottles of champagne does Tchitchikov drink with the man he buys land from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Tchitchikov not heard any of the rumors going around about him?
2. Who does the man selling his land to Tchitchikov refuse to ask for money?
3. What is Madame Korobotcha's first name?
4. What does Madame Korobotcha complain about to Tchitchikov?
5. Tchitchikov tells Skudronzhoglo he has never met anyone as what as him?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)