|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter 11 (pages 219- 251).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flavor of brandy does Tchitchikov put in his tea at Madame Korobotcha's house?
2. What do townspeople worry will happen with Tchitchikov's new souls?
(a) They will revolt.
(b) They will be lazy.
(c) They will be immoral.
(d) They will be impossible to feed.
3. With how many servants does Tchitchikov travel?
4. How many souls does Plyushkin own?
(a) More than 1,000.
(b) More than 500.
(c) More than 3,000.
(d) More than 800.
5. What does Nozdroyov tell the men in town he helped Tchitchikov do?
(a) Resurrect his dead souls.
(b) Sell his dead souls for a higher price.
(c) Pick out a church for an elopement.
(d) Con the townspeople into selling dead souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Korobotcha have pictures of on the walls?
2. How much does Tchitchikov speculate the beautiful young woman's dowry is?
3. Who believes Tchitchikov is Captain Kopeykin?
4. What does the narrator note is unusual about Tchitchikov's hotel room?
5. Why does Manilov sell Tchitchikov his dead souls?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)