|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter 3 (pages 39-60).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time is it when Tchitchikov wakes up when he spends the night at Madame Korobotcha's?
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
2. What talent of the governor's impresses Tchitchikov?
3. What do Tchitchikov and Selifan hear while traveling in the rain that makes them realize they have reached a village?
(a) A braying mule.
(b) A meowing cat.
(c) A singing bird.
(d) A barking dog.
4. What flavor of brandy does Tchitchikov put in his tea at Madame Korobotcha's house?
5. What does Madame Korobotcha complain about to Tchitchikov?
(a) Her insomnia.
(b) Her terrible servants.
(c) Her animals that will not breed.
(d) Her drinking problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tchitchikov often say about Petrushka?
2. Why are the townspeople interested in Tchitchikov?
3. Which horse does Selifan become angry with?
4. What is the name of the town that Tchitchikov visits at the beginning of the novel?
5. With how many servants does Tchitchikov travel?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)