Part One: Chapter 1, (pages 5-18)
1. During what time does Dead Souls take place?
(a) The 1500s.
(b) The 1900s.
(c) The 1400s.
(d) The 1800s.
2. What is the name of the town that Tchitchikov visits at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why are the townspeople interested in Tchitchikov?
(a) He is new.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is good looking.
(d) He is strong.
4. With how many servants does Tchitchikov travel?
5. What does Selifan do for Tchitchikov?
(a) He is the bellhop.
(b) He is the coachman.
(c) He is the cook.
(d) He is the footman.
6. What does Petrushka do for Tchitchikov?
(a) He is the cook.
(b) He is the footman.
(c) He is the coachman.
(d) He is the bellhop.
7. What does Tchitchikov ask the servant at the hotel about?
(a) The job openings in town.
(b) The prominent people in town.
(c) The religious beliefs of the hotel owner.
(d) The single women in town.
8. What is Tchitchikov's first name?
This section contains 3,436 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)