Part One: Chapter 1, (pages 5-18)
• Tchitchikov arrives in the town of N. and checks into a hotel.
• Tchitchikov travels with his servants, Selifan and Petrushka.
• Tchitchikov asks one of the servants at the hotel about prominent people in town and how many souls these important men own.
• The servant is quite taken with Tchitchikov and will do whatever he can to please him.
• Tchitchikov spends the next two days viewing different buildings and visiting different important people in the town.
• Tchitchikov is careful to compliment the important people on their standing and profession, and he reveals very little about himself.
• Tchitchikov is very popular in town and is invited to dine at the homes of important people.
• The narrator, who has a personality and agenda of his own, reveals that everyone seems quite enthused about the new collegiate councilor in town.
Part One: Chapter 2 (pages 18-38)
• After a...
This section contains 2,435 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)