|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jordan and Kaiser discover the killings first started happening in ____________.
2. Where did the serial killer first start killing people?
3. How willing is Gaines to cooperate with Lenz and Kaiser during his initial interview?
4. According to Thalia, who abused her growing up?
5. How could Thalia's childhood be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kaiser and Lenz threaten to do to Gaines in order to make him talk to them when they first approach him as a suspect?
2. Why does Jordan move the ice cooler closer to her tub at Wheaton's?
3. How does Gaines escape his FBI surveillance?
4. Why does Wheaton react the way he does when Jordan plunges him into the cold water?
5. What is surprising to Jordan about Kaiser's house?
6. How does Jordan react to the news that the victim whose body has been found was raped?
7. Who is Conrad Hoffman?
8. Why does Kaiser wait outside Laveau's house for Jordan to finish questioning her?
9. What does Juan confess to the investigators about Smith and Wheaton?
10. What photo does Kaiser find in the gunman's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least four ways that the novel is either negatively or positively changed by having such detailed romantic scenes between Jordan and John. Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least four features of Wheaton that make him a good villain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jordan and Jill, her sister. Make sure to use direct evidence from the text throughout your paper.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)