|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the doctors want Kaiser to stay in the hospital?
2. How long was there a gap between the two series of killings?
3. Where does Wheaton tell Glass all of his victims are buried?
4. According to Thalia, who abused her growing up?
5. Who brings up the idea that the killer might have Multiple Personality Disorder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Smith confess to Jordan about why he and Wheaton have heated arguments?
2. What kind of relationship did Wheaton have with his mother?
3. What does Wendy do when she realizes that there is a man with a gun during her walk with Jordan?
4. How does the FBI team react to Jordan's theory that the killer has Multiple Personality Disorder?
5. Why does Jordan move the ice cooler closer to her tub at Wheaton's?
6. How does Jordan react to the news that the victim whose body has been found was raped?
7. What does Jordan realize about Wheaton when she wakes up in the bathtub?
8. How does Wheaton kidnap Jordan?
9. How does Laveau disappear?
10. From where does Kaiser recognize the woman in the computer-enhanced images?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as strong and stubborn as Jordan Glass. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Present an argument that discusses whether or not Jordan's ability to withstand the constant valium IV drip is believable or not. Make sure to list at least three reasons. Use direct evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay which discusses the role that Jordan's father plays in the novel and at least one major benefit and challenge for Iles in including him.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)