|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Kaiser actually stay in the hospital?
2. Who is shot first by the gunman during Jordan and Wendy's walk?
3. How does Wendy end up dying?
4. Jordan goes into the building where Gaines has hostages to retrieve ___________.
5. What weapon is Gaines using to keep his hostages?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Gaines and his girlfriend doing as Lenz and Kaiser prepare to question him for the first time?
2. Why does Glass claim to know who Jordan is when she walks in during his interview with Frank and Lenz?
3. What do Kaiser and Lenz threaten to do to Gaines in order to make him talk to them when they first approach him as a suspect?
4. How does Gaines escape his FBI surveillance?
5. Why does Wheaton react the way he does when Jordan plunges him into the cold water?
6. What does the gunman tell Jordan as he is holding her hostage?
7. What does Juan confess to the investigators about Smith and Wheaton?
8. How does Laveau disappear?
9. What does Jordan realize about Wheaton when she wakes up in the bathtub?
10. What photo does Kaiser find in the gunman's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Present a well-reasoned paper arguing whether the reader is supposed to find Jill a likable (independent, determined young woman) character OR an unlikeable (too focused on image, standoffish with her sister) character. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as strong and stubborn as Jordan Glass. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four ways "Dead Sleep" would be different if the protagonist were male.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)