|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kaiser let Jordan know that he's on the way over to her hotel room?
2. Where does Jordan encourage Kaiser to rest once she takes him home?
3. What does Smith tell the investigators he has noticed Gaines doing to Laveau?
4. After receiving the disturbing phone call, what does Wheaton tell Jordan he's injecting into her intravenously?
5. What does the FBI do when it discovers Gaines may have escaped his FBI surveillance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wendy do when she realizes that there is a man with a gun during her walk with Jordan?
2. What kind of relationship did Wheaton have with his mother?
3. What does Smith confess to Jordan about why he and Wheaton have heated arguments?
4. Why does Wheaton react the way he does when Jordan plunges him into the cold water?
5. How does Gaines escape his FBI surveillance?
6. Why does Glass claim to know who Jordan is when she walks in during his interview with Frank and Lenz?
7. How does Laveau disappear?
8. How does the FBI team react to Jordan's theory that the killer has Multiple Personality Disorder?
9. What is surprising to Jordan about Kaiser's house?
10. What does the gunman tell Jordan as he is holding her hostage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least four ways that the novel is either negatively or positively changed by having such detailed romantic scenes between Jordan and John. Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, discuss what function Jordan's mother serves in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two male characters from "Dead Sleep." Possible characters include Kaiser and Lenz or Wheaton and de Becque.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)