|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Jordan hear when she wakes up for the second time?
2. Where did the serial killer first start killing people?
3. How willing is Gaines to cooperate with Lenz and Kaiser during his initial interview?
4. How does Kaiser let Jordan know that he's on the way over to her hotel room?
5. What does the FBI do when it discovers Gaines may have escaped his FBI surveillance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wheaton react the way he does when Jordan plunges him into the cold water?
2. What do Kaiser and Lenz threaten to do to Gaines in order to make him talk to them when they first approach him as a suspect?
3. What happens with Gaines's girlfriend as Lenz and Kaiser are questioning Gaines for the first time?
4. How do Jordan, Kaiser, Baxter, and Bowles feel about how the questioning of their four suspects went?
5. What does Jordan realize about Wheaton when she wakes up in the bathtub?
6. What is surprising to Jordan about Kaiser's house?
7. Why does Glass claim to know who Jordan is when she walks in during his interview with Frank and Lenz?
8. From where does Kaiser recognize the woman in the computer-enhanced images?
9. What does Kaiser confess about his failed marriage when he is in Jordan's hotel room?
10. How does Laveau disappear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the information which is revealed to the reader about Jordan's relationship with her father contribute to her character? Provide at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as strong and stubborn as Jordan Glass. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four ways "Dead Sleep" would be different if the protagonist were male.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)