|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Wendy let slip about the body which the FBI found?
2. Who calls Kaiser when he is at Wal-Mart looking for Gaines?
3. What do Kaiser and Jordan finally do at his house that they haven't been able to do before?
4. What does the gunman say to Jordan shortly before he disappears?
5. How does Jordan record her conversation with Thalia Laveau?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Glass claim to know who Jordan is when she walks in during his interview with Frank and Lenz?
2. How does Gaines escape his FBI surveillance?
3. What does Jordan realize about Wheaton when she wakes up in the bathtub?
4. What photo does Kaiser find in the gunman's apartment?
5. What does Gaines claim as he is holding people hostage?
6. Why does Wheaton react the way he does when Jordan plunges him into the cold water?
7. What does Smith confess to Jordan about why he and Wheaton have heated arguments?
8. Who is Conrad Hoffman?
9. What kind of relationship did Wheaton have with his mother?
10. What happens with Gaines's girlfriend as Lenz and Kaiser are questioning Gaines for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least four ways that the novel is either negatively or positively changed by having such detailed romantic scenes between Jordan and John. Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
How does the information which is revealed to the reader about Jordan's relationship with her father contribute to her character? Provide at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the novel's tone and discuss three literary devices that Iles uses to create this tone.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)