|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kaiser looking through when he thinks he recognizes someone?
2. What major secret does Jordan divulge to Thalia during their conversation?
3. Jordan goes into the building where Gaines has hostages to retrieve ___________.
4. What team arrives to help with the hostage situation?
5. Why does Jordan think she should question Thalia alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan confess to the investigators about Smith and Wheaton?
2. Why does Wheaton react the way he does when Jordan plunges him into the cold water?
3. What does Kaiser confess about his failed marriage when he is in Jordan's hotel room?
4. What does Gaines claim as he is holding people hostage?
5. How does the FBI team react to Jordan's theory that the killer has Multiple Personality Disorder?
6. What are Gaines and his girlfriend doing as Lenz and Kaiser prepare to question him for the first time?
7. What photo does Kaiser find in the gunman's apartment?
8. How does Gaines escape his FBI surveillance?
9. How does Jordan feel about Laveau while she is talking to her about the murders?
10. What does the gunman tell Jordan as he is holding her hostage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least four ways that the novel is either negatively or positively changed by having such detailed romantic scenes between Jordan and John. Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jordan and Jill, her sister. Make sure to use direct evidence from the text throughout your paper.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two male characters from "Dead Sleep." Possible characters include Kaiser and Lenz or Wheaton and de Becque.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)