|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kaiser and Jordan eat during their first lunch together?
2. What disease does Wheaton have?
3. Who are Lyn and Henry?
4. Kaiser confesses having a difficult relationship with ___________.
5. In what war did Wheaton serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kaiser and Jordan connect over their experiences in Viet Nam?
2. How does Fred Coates die?
3. What happens when Jordan lands in Washington, D.C. to meet with the FBI?
4. Who is Ron Epstein?
5. How did Jordan's father supposedly die?
6. Why do Lenz and Baxter want to use Jordan when questioning suspects?
7. How does Wheaton react when he sees Jordan for the first time during his interview with the FBI?
8. What is so suspicious about the random call Jordan gets in the middle of the night soon after her sister disappears?
9. What act in Viet Nam did Wheaton report to his superiors in the military?
10. What are the names of the three students who work for Wheaton at the university?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the information which is revealed to the reader about Jordan's relationship with her father contribute to her character? Provide at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least four ways "Dead Sleep" would be different if the protagonist were male.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay which discusses the role that Jordan's father plays in the novel and at least one major benefit and challenge for Iles in including him.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)