|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jordan going to travel to meet de Becque?
2. Who is the author of "Dead Sleep"?
3. What is the code for Jordan to enter during the interviews?
4. Why is Kaiser no longer with his wife?
5. Where does Christopher Wingate live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wheaton report when Lenz asks him if any of his students have painted naked women before?
2. How does Fred Coates die?
3. What is Marc referring to with his remark "It wouldn't be the first time ..."?
4. Why do Lenz and Baxter want to use Jordan when questioning suspects?
5. What are the names of the three students who work for Wheaton at the university?
6. What does de Becque hint about Jordan's father during her first visit to his mansion?
7. Who is Marcel de Becque?
8. How does Jordan respond to de Becque's invitation that she come to his house and photograph his paintings?
9. What is so suspicious about the random call Jordan gets in the middle of the night soon after her sister disappears?
10. What is the mystery behind the Sleeping Women paintings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as strong and stubborn as Jordan Glass. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Iles chooses to have no strong example of a loving, healthy marriage for any of the characters in "Dead Sleep."
Essay Topic 3
How does the information which is revealed to the reader about Jordan's relationship with her father contribute to her character? Provide at least three specific examples.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)