|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Christopher Wingate?
2. What does de Becque think about the women in the Sleeping Women paintings?
3. What is the subject of the book Jordan is working on when the novel opens?
4. Why is Kaiser no longer with his wife?
5. Other than Jordan, who has a strong crush on Kaiser?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mystery behind the Sleeping Women paintings?
2. What does Jordan think about what happened to her sister in the beginning of the novel?
3. What is Marc referring to with his remark "It wouldn't be the first time ..."?
4. What offer does Wingate make to Jordan about her own photography?
5. How does Wheaton react when he sees Jordan for the first time during his interview with the FBI?
6. What is Dr. Lenz's theory about the killer(s) behind the Sleeping Women?
7. What is so suspicious about the random call Jordan gets in the middle of the night soon after her sister disappears?
8. Why do Lenz and Baxter want to use Jordan when questioning suspects?
9. Why did Kaiser leave a higher ranking position in Quantico for his job in New Orleans?
10. What does Wheaton report when Lenz asks him if any of his students have painted naked women before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the information which is revealed to the reader about Jordan's relationship with her father contribute to her character? Provide at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least four features of Wheaton that make him a good villain.
Essay Topic 3
Present a well-reasoned paper arguing whether the reader is supposed to find Jill a likable (independent, determined young woman) character OR an unlikeable (too focused on image, standoffish with her sister) character. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)