|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Kaiser have in Viet Nam?
2. Who is Fred Coates?
3. Who is Marc Lacour?
4. What act, which is forbidden by the museum, does Jordan do before she finally leaves?
5. What offer does de Beque make to Jordan before she leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marc referring to with his remark "It wouldn't be the first time ..."?
2. What are Wheaton's symptoms from his scleroderma?
3. What offer does Wingate make to Jordan about her own photography?
4. What is the mystery behind the Sleeping Women paintings?
5. Which photograph shocks Jordan when she sees it at de Becque's mansion?
6. Why are Kaiser and Jordan intrigued by the fact that de Becque once lived in Asia?
7. How does Wheaton react when he sees Jordan for the first time during his interview with the FBI?
8. What is so suspicious about the random call Jordan gets in the middle of the night soon after her sister disappears?
9. How did Jordan's father supposedly die?
10. What is Dr. Lenz's theory about the killer(s) behind the Sleeping Women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, discuss what function Jordan's mother serves in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Present an argument that discusses whether or not Jordan's ability to withstand the constant valium IV drip is believable or not. Make sure to list at least three reasons. Use direct evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four ways "Dead Sleep" would be different if the protagonist were male.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)